Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Collection ideas (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=68858)

Ironwave 06-11-2017 01:15 AM

Collection ideas

I'm going the MP route and will sell all my CHUG figures. I won't go overboard instead I will keep it simple. Since my new place won't have the necessary space to display a huge roster. My ideas as my first MP's:

Soundwave, Thundercracker
Prowl, Wheeljack, Bluestreak, MakeToys Jazz or Ironhide

I will only have 2 Cons and 2 Bots. Any ideas as which I should get out of that list? Maybe I missed a few nice ones.

Thanks

79transam 06-11-2017 01:49 AM

Re: Collection ideas

If I was just starting I would go with all oversize. MPP10, OS Ironhide, Sideswipe, Seekers ect

Roadhammer 06-11-2017 03:15 AM

I know compared to some other MP moulds, it's a somewhat divisive choice...but I really dig my MP Shockwave (well, Laserwave) that I picked up a year or so back. It's a pretty great representation of Shockwave (who has one of the better Transformers designs I've found), so if I had to make any single recommendation based on my admittedly scant knowledge of the MP line, Shockwave would be my suggestion for one of your Decepticons.

B13 06-11-2017 03:22 AM

I would choose Mozzarella...
Oh! You're question is not about what kind or cheese YOU prefer?
:p

steamwhistle 06-11-2017 07:25 AM

From your list...

For 'Cons I suggest Soundwave and Thundercracker.

For 'Bots I suggest Prowl and Ironhide.
Prowl is essentially the same as Bluestreak, but Prowl, I think, was more prominent in the G1 world.
I'd skip Maketoys Jazz, as an official MP Jazz might be released.
I'd shuffle Wheeljack down the list as I didn't find the transformation all that interesting, and almost complex. I felt it lacked a "Masterpiece Moment" to which some people refer.

Not on your list, aside from Megatron and Optimus, I like Bumblebee, Inferno, and Ultra Magnus.

pside9 06-11-2017 08:45 PM

On the con side: Get Soundwave and any one of the Seekers

The Hasbro Wave came with the nearly the complete troop of cassettes. Leave yourself open to a Megatron V2.0 for a possible 3rd con.

On the bot side: Prowl and Ironhide

Like another poster wrote, Prowl is more iconic. I have Streak for the Datsun mold because I had to return my Hasbro Prowl and couldn't get a replacement.

Ironhide has a lot of neat accessories and would have more play value than just another Datsun.
Leave yourself open to Prime for a 3rd bot.

The 12th Prime 06-11-2017 10:32 PM

Personally I'd go by mold more than character since I've put so much into the classics Line there's no turning back now, characters is where that line is at for me for classics and molds for MP. I have MP Soundwave, Streak, Tracks, Exhaust and Hot Rod (for now). If I were to dedicate a small collection for MP I'd go 3 Bots and 3 Cons: Delta Magnus, a Silver or Bluestreak and maybe a Hauler if they get around to one. As for cons Soundblaster, Shockwave and a Nemisis Prime or a Takara Sunstorm. Maybe this helps maybe it doesn't but it's a fun conversation.

Ironwave 06-12-2017 09:49 PM

I'm going with Soundwave and Thundercracker as my Decepticons, since their my favourite Decepticons. As for the Autobots, I am thinking Prowl, Delta Magnus, Wheeljack, Ironhide or TR-01 Hova. Still waiting for an official MP Jazz release.

What about Transistor (Blaster)? is he nice? And as for Soundwave, which one is better and has better paint apps? The TRU release that comes with his 4 minicassettes? or the the Takara release.

79transam 06-13-2017 12:29 AM

Why not find a decent seller on ebay and order all 6 KBB Seekers at the same time for 600 bucks.

metacooler 06-13-2017 03:13 AM

Always go with your favorite characters but buy official MP's. They may cost a bit more but they hold their value and buying official supports Takara. If price is not an issue, Soundwave and Megatron / MP-10 Optimus and Ultra Magnus would make an excellent display.