Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Customs and Artwork (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Repaints & Minor Mods Siege add-on kits and parts (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77822)

4TonMantis 10-07-2019 12:29 PM

Siege add-on kits and parts

4 Attachment(s)
Hey - I recently purchased a 3D printer after just getting back into collecting Transformers. My projects will be posted here which have been mainly for the Siege figure line (because that is all I have so far).

Parts are printed in colors of material I currently have on hand and shown without any paint apps. Kits are available to purchase. Send me a message to inquire. Pricing will range from $15 to $25

I am open to and encourage all feedback/suggestions (good or bad) and requests. Let me know what you think!

First kit to show is Ratchet. Parts listed below.

2x lower legs (inside knees)
2x knees back side
2x feet (bottom)
2x forearms (inner)
2x biceps (inner)
6x 5mm port filler (4x arms, 2x lower outside leg)
1x back

CyberMnky 10-08-2019 07:04 PM

Re: Siege add-on kits and parts

Damn these look awesome, and really blend in on the figure

Soundwave Superior 10-08-2019 09:43 PM

These look fantastic. As for a suggestion...

I'd be interested in a kit for Refraktor to mimic the Reconnaissance set toy version camera components. I want the flash, viewfinder (ideally without "Refraktor" across it) and grip for my purple clones. Give me the toon version all the way. Maybe there's enough interest beyond just me.

I saw some from China but wasn't too impressed for the price. Honestly, I'd rather give you the business although I get that it's way more involved than gap fillers.

Can't wait to see what you have up next regardless.

4TonMantis 10-08-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberMnky (Post 798375)
Damn these look awesome, and really blend in on the figure

Hey thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

Yes I think figure is looking much better with the gaps filled and am very happy with how it looks.

4TonMantis 10-08-2019 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave Superior (Post 798398)
These look fantastic. As for a suggestion...

I'd be interested in a kit for Refraktor to mimic the Reconnaissance set toy version camera components. I want the flash, viewfinder (ideally without "Refraktor" across it) and grip for my purple clones. Give me the toon version all the way. Maybe there's enough interest beyond just me.

I saw some from China but wasn't too impressed for the price. Honestly, I'd rather give you the business although I get that it's way more involved than gap fillers.

Can't wait to see what you have up next regardless.

Do you have a link of the kit you were looking at? I would like to see it to see what would be involved to create. My initial thoughts are it might be more expensive than just buying the set from Toys R Us that includes the extra parts?

I do have lots more of my work to post here so stay tuned!

Soundwave Superior 10-09-2019 01:31 PM

Here you are:

No grip but neat that they transform into weapons:
https://www.tfsafari.com/collections...29524928692337

More along the idea I'm thinking of but the the print quality looks low:
https://www.tfsafari.com/products/pr...29467661041777

Roughly 30 bucks US. I'd rather buy from a community member tbh. I'm not afraid of painting myself. I just want the quality to be good.

Lots of good kits there from matrix workshop for ideas.

Sureshot22 10-09-2019 02:25 PM

Looks great.

Does it still transform with all that attached?

Let me know details. I'd be down for a set.

Post what else you have.

Char 10-09-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureshot22 (Post 798450)
Looks great.

Post what else you have.

I'd like to know as well, so far the add-ons are looking great.

4TonMantis 10-10-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureshot22 (Post 798450)
Looks great.

Post what else you have.

Some parts may need to be taken off for transformation , I have not tested this yet. My design intent for these kits is mainly to improve the aesthetics of robot mode.

4TonMantis 10-10-2019 10:49 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Good day!
My Optimus kit is in progress. So far the parts I have designed are the rockets on the back with blast effects, new shoulder flaps with stacks, axe and blade weapons.

Let me know what you think! Suggestions? Additions/changes?

4TonMantis 10-10-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundwave Superior (Post 798446)
Here you are:

No grip but neat that they transform into weapons:
https://www.tfsafari.com/collections...29524928692337

More along the idea I'm thinking of but the the print quality looks low:
https://www.tfsafari.com/products/pr...29467661041777

Roughly 30 bucks US. I'd rather buy from a community member tbh. I'm not afraid of painting myself. I just want the quality to be good.

Lots of good kits there from matrix workshop for ideas.

These kits look pretty decent. For the amount of parts $30 isn't too bad but since it's USD it's a bit much. The print quality looks good to me and is what should be expected from a FDM 3D printer (which is what I have). The other kits on the website are mainly weapons which to me look like are printed from a resin SLA printer get that detailed and clean looking.

GotBot 10-10-2019 11:26 AM

You do really nice work, man. I'm definitely paying attention.

4TonMantis 10-10-2019 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotBot (Post 798508)
You do really nice work, man. I'm definitely paying attention.

Thank you so much! Your feedback really does encourage me to keep going.

Let me know if you have any ideas/suggestions/recommendations!

CyberMnky 10-14-2019 09:41 PM

I just got the Ratchet kit in hand and holy crap is it well done. Easily one of the best printed kits I have ever used.

4TonMantis 10-14-2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberMnky (Post 798830)
I just got the Ratchet kit in hand and holy crap is it well done. Easily one of the best printed kits I have ever used.

So glad you like it and I really appreciate the feedback!!!

4TonMantis 10-14-2019 10:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Gave Optimus some blades. Inspired by the Striker Manus weapons.

4TonMantis 10-17-2019 01:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Battle axes designed like Striker Manus axes. My first attempt shown in the lighter grey. More detail added to the second version in darker silver.

zuffyprime 10-17-2019 11:09 PM

Wow, brilliant stuff man!
so talented:bow:

4TonMantis 10-26-2019 08:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Finally got the Siege Laserbeak and Ravage cassettes. The laserbeak is pretty good but definitely needed some G1 style rocket lasers. Here is my progress so far. Also made a 5mm peg mount to clip laserbeak's foot into.

alternatorfan 10-26-2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4TonMantis (Post 799571)
Finally got the Siege Laserbeak and Ravage cassettes. The laserbeak is pretty good but definitely needed some G1 style rocket lasers. Here is my progress so far. Also made a 5mm peg mount to clip laserbeak's foot into.

How much for these ??
Can you make ravages weapons??
Ratbat weapons
Frenzy rumble weapons??
Pegs for soundwave
I'm interested now

4TonMantis 10-27-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alternatorfan (Post 799576)
How much for these ??
Can you make ravages weapons??
Ratbat weapons
Frenzy rumble weapons??
Pegs for soundwave
I'm interested now

I just started working on this so I dont have a price yet.

I want to do Ravage weapons too so watch for those soon!

I dont have Ratbat or Frenzy figures yet. What weapons/parts would you like? pictures?

5mm Pegs for Soundwave (or any other figure) will be part of Laserbeak kit!

4TonMantis 10-28-2019 12:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Siege Ravage did not look right to me. The head looks like a rat or something so I attempted to give a closer G1 look.

Here is a comparison with the new head vs rat head.

4TonMantis 10-31-2019 11:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Designed and printed the missile rockets. Then tried using chrome paint to see if it would work. I think it turned out pretty good and now much happier with the look of the figure with the upgrades.

4TonMantis 10-31-2019 03:35 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Ironhide kit completed and available. Some photos show parts installed only on one side for comparison.

Extra red and grey parts to customize look.

The full kit includes:
2x lower inner legs (red)
2x knees back side (grey)
2x feet bottom (red)
2x forearms back (red)
2x biceps inner (red and grey)
8x 5mm port filler for arms and lower outside leg (red and grey)
1x back main (grey)
2 x back upper (grey)

Photos show full kit installed on figure.

*Some parts may need to be removed for transformation.

1337w422102 10-31-2019 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4TonMantis (Post 799822)
Ironhide kit completed and available. Some photos show parts installed only on one side for comparison.

Extra red and grey parts to customize look.

The full kit includes:
2x lower inner legs (red)
2x knees back side (grey)
2x feet bottom (red)
2x forearms back (red)
2x biceps inner (red and grey)
8x 5mm port filler for arms and lower outside leg (red and grey)
1x back main (grey)
2 x back upper (grey)

Photos show full kit installed on figure.

*Some parts may need to be removed for transformation.

Man, he looks so damn good with those empty hollow areas filled in.
By the way, is your username a BattleTech reference?

4TonMantis 10-31-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337w422102 (Post 799823)
Man, he looks so damn good with those empty hollow areas filled in.
By the way, is your username a BattleTech reference?

Thanks, yes I agree the figure looks more complete with the empty parts filled.

My username is actually from a song by Amon Tobin, if interested...https://open.spotify.com/album/3jNgJEw3e1PSDXsZkDHDXa

4TonMantis 11-08-2019 10:12 PM

4 Attachment(s)
New add ons for Siege Sideswipe (and Red Alert in alt color) in vehicle mode. The exhaust part can then be used in robot mode as jetpack thrusters which is compatible with 5mm blast effects. Also new spoiler which comes in two parts to allow leg movement in robot mode.

1337w422102 11-08-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4TonMantis (Post 800331)
New add ons for Siege Sideswipe (and Red Alert in alt color) in vehicle mode. Added exhaust piece to clean up the back. The exhaust part can then be used in robot mode as jetpack thrusters which is compatible with 5mm blast effects. Also new spoiler which comes in two parts to allow leg movement in robot mode.

Absolutely outstanding. I thought mine was missing the oldschool Countach spoiler when I opened the box and saw what looked like ports of accessories on the back of the legs.

4TonMantis 11-10-2019 03:36 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is the Red Alert kit.

4TonMantis 11-12-2019 02:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Having some fun with Ghostbusters theme and trying my hand at designing a proton pack and gun so Ectotron can have some help busting those ghosts. Did some dry brushing with silver paint to bring out the details and give a worn look. Added custom blast effect to simulate energy stream.
What you think?

1337w422102 11-12-2019 04:37 PM

Nice work! How does it connect? Is there a stud on the back that plugs into the Siege-equivalent of a G.I. Joe Backpack Port? The sculpt is great.

Your pack has more paint than Ectotron! The four red lights on the cyclotron are a bit too vertically rectangular, and the stream should be a more wavey, not a straight cylinder but more of a reddish curve with blue lighting wrapped around it. Not throwing any shade your way!

Forgive me. I'm a member of the Montreal Ghostbusters so I'm clearly a bit too... well, pick your adjective. Great work once again and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

4TonMantis 11-12-2019 05:57 PM

Hey, thanks for the feedback. You clearly know more about GB than I do! The proton pack connects via 5mm peg on the backside. I know the details are not exact but when printing this small some liberties need to be taken.
I agree the energy stream could use some work to be more accurate. It was my first attempt and I am limited to colors unless I paint which I don't do a lot of but I do appreciate your recommendations.

1337w422102 11-12-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4TonMantis (Post 800565)
Hey, thanks for the feedback. You clearly know more about GB than I do! The proton pack connects via 5mm peg on the backside. I know the details are not exact but when printing this small some liberties need to be taken.
I agree the energy stream could use some work to be more accurate. It was my first attempt and I am limited to colors unless I paint which I don't do a lot of but I do appreciate your recommendations.

Make no mistake, I did not mean to discourage your or belittle your work! I really dig what you've done, my dude!

theoneyouknowleast 11-12-2019 07:38 PM

4TonMantis 11-12-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast (Post 800574)

Thanks for the link. I don't think this would print very well on my FDM printer unfortunately as the stream parts are very thin and long. It would be easily broken. I think it is more suitable for printing from Shapeways but even that I would be worried about breakage. Thanks for the idea, its appreciated!

Megatropolis 11-13-2019 03:47 PM

wow those look great, very talented :D

riderman 11-15-2019 04:26 PM

Hey Guy, just want to say I am very impressed with these cool customs and parts. I have ordered some kits and I can't wait to get them soon. I know they will be awesome and I hope to have them before Christmas.

Thank you again 4TonMantis and wish you great success with your customs and hope to do more business with you in the future!

CyberMnky 11-15-2019 08:43 PM

Ive got both the Ironhide and Ratchet sets, as well as his ghostbusters pack and they are pretty damn awesome. Super impressed with the quality

riderman 11-15-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberMnky (Post 800814)
Ive got both the Ironhide and Ratchet sets, as well as his ghostbusters pack and they are pretty damn awesome. Super impressed with the quality

Me too I got those two sets and the Ghostbusters Proton Pack and more. I can't wait to get them and I know they won't disappoint! I am so happy to get that Optimus Prime Jet Pack, what a great idea to make use of that huge Backpack. These were the ones I've ordered and I can't wait to see in the mail:

Optimus ALL KITS AND PARTS
Ratchet
Ironhide
Ghostbusters Proton pack

4TonMantis 11-17-2019 10:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Siege Impactor weaponry available. Created harpoon, drill, knife and gun so far. Impactor is a cool figure and surprisingly really like it.