Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does anyone help you hunt? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=1838)

jourdo 05-15-2007 01:19 AM

Does anyone help you hunt?

A comment made in another thread made me wonder about this.

Does anyone help you with your hunting? Mom? The wife/girlfriend (or both)? Friends? Others?

For the most part, I'm flying solo (except for tips from others on this site). My wife will sometimes look for something when she is out if I let her know what I'm looking for. My mom did find me and Energon Galvatron back when it was first found in the city.

What about the rest of you?

Tech Spec 05-15-2007 01:49 AM

Re: Does anyone help you hunt?

Myself and 2 other friends hunt together on Saturdays. But lately it has been on the solo tip and calling them asking if they need anything.

RedOktobre 05-15-2007 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jourdo (Post 3922)
A comment made in another thread made me wonder about this.

Does anyone help you with your hunting? Mom? The wife/girlfriend (or both)? Friends? Others?

For the most part, I'm flying solo (except for tips from others on this site). My wife will sometimes look for something when she is out if I let her know what I'm looking for. My mom did find me and Energon Galvatron back when it was first found in the city.

What about the rest of you?

Like yourself, no one "directly" helps me "hunt" for TF figures.

However, I get indirect help from my gf. Sometimes, I ask her to snatch or pickup the odd TF figure for me. She has a Costco card, so she bought me the Prime/Wing Saber exclusive for my 2006 Christmas present.

Unfortunately, she is not exactly supportive of me collecting TFs (this is a side issue). Also, she accompanies me to our cross border shopping trips to the US. Often, I request to make detours to Target and/or Walmart to checkout TF figures available.

I receive much "internet" help from ChrisW & kidkid (and others). Like myself, they are extremely active in shopping and/or monitoring the major TF retailers in Greater Vancouver area (in BC) and post regularly in the "BC TF sightings."

Unfortunately, no Movie TF figures are available in BC yet except for the Protoform figs.

RedOktobre

Super_Megatron 05-15-2007 10:03 AM

My wife will call me from Wal-mart a couple times a month and tell me what they have/ask me if I'm looking for anything. If she is visiting her parents she'll call me from a TRU as well.

Paradigm-Shift Prime 05-15-2007 10:35 AM

my dad and my girlfriend both look for US only exclusives for me when they go down to the states. My dad is 60, so it is considerate of him to go searching around.

dak 05-15-2007 10:51 AM

I'm a loner when it comes to hunting down TF's. I do get the odd heads up from some friends, and some family helps with the tranportation situation, but other than that, i'm by myself.

1337w422102 05-15-2007 11:56 AM

I go on scouting missions without backup, for the most part. Occasionally, I might go with my friend TheTouch from Seibertron.com, but that's pretty much it.

Prime Sinister 05-15-2007 12:18 PM

My wife and kids help look for TFs. During her "daily" trip to the mall, she occassionally calls me to report what she spots. My son recently spotted the Movie Prime at the Stouffville Wal-mart return counter.

Black Cat 05-15-2007 04:10 PM

Another lone hunter, here. Although, I used to get a lot of help from Dave-astator, before.

Ah, who am I kidding? He went out and got them for me. :D

It would be great having another set of eyes helping me look for the ones I want, though.

GMfan 05-15-2007 04:25 PM

Most of the time I'm on my own but my other buddy collecters call me from time to time to let me know whats new or in stock.