Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TRU - March 17th flyer - 50% off Power Heroes / Rescue Bots (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=67731)

Yonoid 03-16-2017 09:31 AM

TRU - March 17th flyer - 50% off Power Heroes / Rescue Bots

pandaprime 03-16-2017 11:42 AM

Re: TRU - March 17th flyer - 50% off Power Heroes / Rescue Bots

Rescue Bots are nice? the ones that actually transform

Yonoid 03-17-2017 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dollorama has the following rescuebot Dino's for $3

Shepp 03-17-2017 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yonoid (Post 725109)
Dollorama has the following rescuebot Dino's for $3

Sweet, looks like I can pick up the others at that price. They make some pretty good mini-dinobots. Not-Swoop/Blades looks great panel-lined.

Their simplicity doesn't bother me because of their size. At this price they would make some nice kitbash fodder into Dinobots.

A bit disappointed that they didn't make T-Rex Optimus or Raptor Bumblebee at that scale, though.

zuffyprime 03-17-2017 11:43 PM

yonoid!
thx bro:rofl:

Supernova 03-18-2017 12:47 AM

Yeah, I picked up all four of them for my little guy last weekend. He loves them, especially Heatwave.

Boulder's really stiff going from dinosaur to robot, though. Even I have to put a fair bit of force into it.

JLvatron 03-18-2017 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shepp (Post 725116)
Sweet, looks like I can pick up the others at that price. They make some pretty good mini-dinobots. Not-Swoop/Blades looks great panel-lined.

Their simplicity doesn't bother me because of their size. At this price they would make some nice kitbash fodder into Dinobots.

A bit disappointed that they didn't make T-Rex Optimus or Raptor Bumblebee at that scale, though.

I got Boulder & Chase last weekend. Looking for the other 2.

Not a fan of Trex Optimus, with his legs that remain unchanged in both modes. Very un creative design like so many Beast Wars toys.

Shepp 03-18-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLvatron (Post 725124)
I got Boulder & Chase last weekend. Looking for the other 2.

Not a fan of Trex Optimus, with his legs that remain unchanged in both modes. Very un creative design like so many Beast Wars toys.

As an adult, its like t-rex Optimus was pretty much phoned-in.

But looking at it from the view of a parent of a 3 year old, that lazy chunky design does make it easier for a young child to convert the figure, or just leave it as a robot dinosaur. I should look for that gigantic one for my son at some point, providing its at a big discount.

With a tail on one arm, t-rex head on the other, and legs unchanged, he's pretty much BW Megatron, super simplified. I'm actually surprised I haven't seen more kitbashes into BW Megatron for the standard and giant t-rex Optimus.

JLvatron 03-20-2017 07:45 PM

I agree Trex prime is amazing for kids.
Guess what? I just picked him up today, someone sold him on Varage sale for 5$ !

She wasn't aware it Transformed. Perhaps like me, she doesn't consider it a moral Transformation, lol

As for Dollarama, I've checked 3 stores and only seen Boulder & Chase. The 1st store seems like it hasn't restocked any since last week. :(