Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   transformer budgeting (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=64451)

Goaliebot 06-11-2016 10:47 AM

Re: transformer budgeting

Is a "budget" that thing that makes a whooshing sound as I fly by it? :p

I aim for 2-3% but usually end up flirting with 5% when all is said and done. Because I am weak.

elburrito 06-11-2016 11:39 AM

I am a recycler as well. But I have a buddy with a toy store and refurbish toys for him so I get my hands on quite a few. Also, I only collect the ark crash repairees (MP/G1) so new additions are rare. Of course this particular year, things picked up a little.

Xtreme987 06-11-2016 04:48 PM

I don't really have a set budget but I know I should. I don't see myself spending that much this year compared to years past as there is only a couple bots I want from Titans Return. Then again stuff seems to pop up that peaks my interest. :o

TRUCKvsGUN 06-11-2016 05:11 PM

I spent way too much this year, but I was still playing catch-up from not collecting for a decade. I've got most of the stuff I missed out on now, and plan on gearing my collection to MP going forward, of which I now have most of the ones I want. Other than a few missing MP autobots, I mostly just plan on getting Titans Return this coming year, and for those I'll risk waiting for sales. Assuming there's no limited editions I buy on impulse (like Wardog Vet or the Fort Mac Hellfire), keeping it under 1k in the coming year should be doable.

Pascal 06-11-2016 07:20 PM

Less than 2-3% of my income, maybe less.

optimusb39 06-11-2016 07:23 PM

Ill probably spend about 1/12th of my yearly income at tfcon this year. And ill be making a list of items i cpuldnt get there to get during the remaining half of the year.

monishb 06-12-2016 12:20 AM

what budget? Ive spent thousands .

pandaprime 06-12-2016 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebobkat (Post 694881)
I don't know, and I'd rather not know cuz I know I spend waaay too much :P

yeh me too

Quote:

Originally Posted by monishb (Post 695041)
what budget? Ive spent thousands .

yeh me too

optimusb39 06-12-2016 04:21 AM

Budget? Bud...get...? OH! "Bud, get!" Ok, now i get it!

CanBot 06-12-2016 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Einstein (Post 694884)
Yes but you have a rich wife, we can't really count you :P

But the money comes from somewhere. And at 20k spent in one year, that's a substantial amount of money to spend on any hobby, let alone TFs. So whatever percentage it is, it's up there.

As the common number jumping out among those here is 5%, that means the annual income is 400k. Maybe it's a power couple, each making 200k. Or maybe it's a think tank. I just wanted to say 'think tank'.

The bottom line is: There is no such thing as a free lunch.