Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Quarantine gaming log (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=79332)

Dynamo.Dave 04-04-2020 11:53 PM

Quarantine gaming log

Figured some of us are getting through some of our Steam backlog (or maybe adding to it), or getting back to the consoles that didn't get used to their full potential.

What games are you getting to, or finally completing?

I'll edit this as long as our current lives are in an altered state.

PC:
Tomb Raider (2015) (finished the story - don't care about collectibles)
Watch Dogs (finished the story including optional missions - don't care about collectibles that don't get missions)
Watch Dogs 2 (finished except collectibles)
Arkham City (ongoing - kind of boring?)
War For Cybertron (ongoing - I don't think I like this type of game)
Mafia 3 (really cool endings! Did all of the main missions and side quests. Did not complete races)
Witcher 2 (took 2 hours to get past the tutorial and prologue, 13 hours in and now on Chapter 2)
Fictorum - finished the first 8 stages. Fun mechanics!
Pillars of Eternity - final boss fight
This War of Mine (hard game, and very dark. Not sure I'll keep playing)
Star Wars Battlefront II (finished the singleplayer campaigns - pretty well done and definitely worth the $5 I paid)
Jedi Fallen Order (Came back to it, got it working after a patch! 60 hours, complete)
Fall of Cybertron (ongoing - like a more polished WFC, but loving the Cliffjumper levels!)
Star Wars Republic Commando
Neverwinter
Guild Wars 2 (it's free - why not?) Level 80, got my wife in on it. Got the expansions as a gift from my relative.
Gears Tactics
Halo - Master Chief collection (Halo: CE so far)
Hellblade - Senua's Sacrifice (nope nope nope)
Tropico 5
Outer Wilds

JonoPrime 04-05-2020 08:32 AM

Re: Quarantine gaming log

I busted out the ol’ PS3 the other day and had a go at some classic GTA5 action :) Definitely a fun little escape! ... May even try some SNES action next week and dabble back into some Mario World for nostalgia.

Mighty_Galvatron 04-06-2020 09:40 PM

Cool topic.

I have a massive backlog.

For the last two weeks though, I'm focused on Friday the 13th The Game only. The developers have extended the Double XP, Tape Drop, CG, and Perks event that started this past Friday the 13th for the time being. The pandemic and all...so I am grinding harder then I can remember in a long time to "catch 'em all."

I've already logged in more hours then Xenoblade.

Dynamo.Dave 04-06-2020 11:44 PM

Yeah I think we all have a huge backlog, haha!

Anyone finding some good indie hits?

Mighty_Galvatron 04-07-2020 02:48 PM

If you have a Switch, I recommend The Touryst. One of the most unique, fun, Indie Games I have ever played. Needs more notice! Great developer.

UsernamePrime 04-10-2020 06:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished off a couple Castlevania games on DS but that didn't take too long.

Finished Mario World on SNES for what seems like the hundredth time.

Mostly just retro stuff on my FPGA systems. Might start up a classic SNES RPG soon.

Dynamo.Dave 04-10-2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UsernamePrime (Post 808854)
I finished off a couple Castlevania games on DS but that didn't take too long.

Finished Mario World on SNES for what seems like the hundredth time.

Mostly just retro stuff on my FPGA systems. Might start up a classic SNES RPG soon.

That's pretty good. Some OG console gaming.
I had an NES as a kid, but that was lost to time. I have an N64 as my oldest. Maybe I'll bust that out.

JonoPrime 04-10-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamo.Dave (Post 808860)
That's pretty good. Some OG console gaming.
I had an NES as a kid, but that was lost to time. I have an N64 as my oldest. Maybe I'll bust that out.

Man, I wish I still had my N64. Playing some Conker’s Bad Fur Day would be a welcomed treat now, lol.

Was watching some old gaming clips on YouTube the other night. Have a real hankering to play some old school Diablo on the PC :cool:

Dynamo.Dave 04-10-2020 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonoPrime (Post 808863)
Man, I wish I still had my N64. Playing some Conker’s Bad Fur Day would be a welcomed treat now, lol.

Was watching some old gaming clips on YouTube the other night. Have a real hankering to play some old school Diablo on the PC :cool:

Yeah Diablo was awesome. I still like Path of Exile on that front. Maybe I should go back to that to see all of the updates!

JonoPrime 04-11-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamo.Dave (Post 808883)
Yeah Diablo was awesome. I still like Path of Exile on that front. Maybe I should go back to that to see all of the updates!

I havent heard of Path of Exile, but thanks for giving me something to Google later on this weekend :)

Another game Id like to revisit soon would be the original Starcraft. I had a lot of fun with that click-fest back in the day, lol.

Dynamo.Dave 04-11-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonoPrime (Post 808890)
I havent heard of Path of Exile, but thanks for giving me something to Google later on this weekend :)

Another game Id like to revisit soon would be the original Starcraft. I had a lot of fun with that click-fest back in the day, lol.

Oh yeah for sure! It's free on Steam since it's technically in beta? Has been for 10 years, lol. Low system requirements, too.

Starcraft was great! I got the remaster as well and it looks so good.

JonoPrime 04-12-2020 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamo.Dave (Post 808901)
Oh yeah for sure! It's free on Steam since it's technically in beta? Has been for 10 years, lol. Low system requirements, too.

Starcraft was great! I got the remaster as well and it looks so good.

Free AND low system requirements, you say? That’s right up my alley, lol. ... I appreciate the heads up and will give a look at it on Steam later on this week :)

Damn, didnt know SC had a remastered version. I guess Ive been a way from gaming longer than I thought. ... Another to check out then!

Autobotz24 04-13-2020 12:22 AM

I'm actually back to working but was able to finally finish Mario Odyssey during the first two weeks of lockdown. Got a little further in FFVII (original) and Earthbound as well as completing more challenges on Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Dynamo.Dave 04-13-2020 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autobotz24 (Post 808933)
I'm actually back to working but was able to finally finish Mario Odyssey during the first two weeks of lockdown. Got a little further in FFVII (original) and Earthbound as well as completing more challenges on Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Hope your workplace is safe! I might be back to work this week.
Nice, some good Switch action.
My wife mentioned today she wants a Switch, so if she gets one, I'll be picking up Zelda and Mario for sure.

KevinMiller 04-27-2020 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamo.Dave (Post 808957)
Hope your workplace is safe! I might be back to work this week.

And I can’t even say that I seriously felt quarantine. My work became remote but the load did not decrease ((Video games stayed on the weekend as usual. Nothing new except the restriction of going out.

Dynamo.Dave 05-12-2020 09:46 PM

I told myself I wouldn't buy any new games, but then May 4th came around, and Republic Commando was on for $4, so I picked that up and played the first few missions.

I played it back in the day and loved it, and you know, it still holds up!

Mighty_Galvatron 05-26-2020 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatimon1986 (Post 810478)
You have provide a good list of games which are world wide users and the most played on the web. I like to play watch dog in my free time

Attachment 46448

Xtreme987 07-14-2020 06:08 PM

I know people are probably tired of hearing about Fortnite but I was playing that quite a bit to interact with my son (during the initial pandemic) who doesn't live with me. Things are somewhat back to normal now though & I see him regularly again. :)

Now I've just downloaded Valorant. Heard good things about it & seems pretty neat so far (just tried the practice mode). Haven't played an actual game but will soon. :)

evenstaves 07-26-2020 10:11 AM

My 6-year-old has been playing Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (the original, on our old PS2 slim)

I've been dabbling when she's not playing - taking her dudes to get powered up, etc
Just hit New Game Plus this weekend, now she having more fun with her generics (sudden loss of most story characters, everyone got equipment from end of game, and levels are decent to whomp "start of the game" enemies
Plus we unlocked Cave of Ordeals, so gonna gain some damn levels

Good times