Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers On Ebay (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Prime Deluxes (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=36396)

pandaprime 11-18-2011 04:09 AM

Prime Deluxes

boywu1985 11-18-2011 04:28 AM

Re: Prime Deluxes

rare now maybe?

razin 11-18-2011 05:17 AM

Not rare, as mentioned by other members, this was just the first shipment. Expect many more before xmas.

I like this comment in the auctions details
"I NEVER OVER CHARGE FOR POSTAGE AND OFFER A EXCELLENT RATES SO BID WITH CONFIDENCE!"

You sure don't, you just overcharge on the product instead.....

Also noticed you can buy each of them separately for $30 from him. So an even better bargain when you buy them combined for $70. Pretty sure that's not how two-fer deals are supposed to work.

Tekkamanraiden 11-18-2011 07:35 AM

Sad thing is someone will likely buy them.

gagagalvatron 11-18-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razin (Post 386773)
Not rare, as mentioned by other members, this was just the first shipment. Expect many more before xmas.

Well, that's the hope. And then there's Hasbro. In combination with TRU.

I was going to pass on Prime until there was a sale. But I dropped into TRU on a whim and there was a set. I took one of each Deluxe, left an Arcee (no Starscreams left) and a boatload of Bumblebees.

I could just see it. I'd come back when there was a sale and there'd be nothing. Or nothing but Bumblebees.

It would make so much sense for Prime to be well stocked through Christmas. Which means there's a very good chance that it won't be. Rather than do a proper launch, the figures will dribble out, and because of the case assortment, Arcee and Starscream will be scalper bait.

Eventually it will even out, and we'll be ignoring Wave 1 figures as they pegwarm. But until then, it's an opportunity for lucky people to take advantage of impatient and/or frustrated people.

The 12th Prime 11-18-2011 01:43 PM

I'm waiting for the Japanese versions to see which paint apps I like better. If the metallic finish looks good on the Prime toys I'll buy them.

pandaprime 02-02-2012 03:13 AM

pulsedragon20 02-02-2012 04:11 AM

^ That's why I avoid eBay as much as possible...then again some board members do that too...

Nemesis Angel 02-09-2012 05:02 PM

Always someone out there out to make a few quick bucks. Goes against really building a strong collecting community.

pandaprime 02-17-2012 02:09 AM

alternatorfan 02-17-2012 03:00 AM

scalper buys everything and profits from it!

pandaprime 02-26-2012 03:27 AM

ang3l3s 02-26-2012 03:30 AM

Did you c the other sellers stuff, dlx leadfoot $89!!

jackwacko 02-26-2012 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandaprime (Post 411840)

Isn't this guy on youtube? O_o

Tekkamanraiden 02-26-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackwacko (Post 411843)

Name sounds familiar.

Trans4mers 03-09-2012 12:54 AM

local scalpers. Would be nice to figure who these guys are

alternatorfan 03-09-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trans4mers (Post 414961)

like the weird old man looking for the rare and chase (HOTWHEELS) you all know what I am talking about we have them in all city's I guaratee that!:primelaugh:

sikkbones 03-09-2012 04:17 AM

Kijiji is just as bad, 80 dollar gold bee anyone?

sikkbones 03-09-2012 04:18 AM

:new-sighting:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trans4mers (Post 414961)

look for the guy buying all the current stock on the peg.

darthrage 03-09-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackwacko (Post 411843)

Yeap, that's my eBay listing.

Not that I have to explain myself to anyone cuz I don't see what I'm doing is anything wrong. Just because someone is selling something for a certain amount above retail isn't a bad thing or anything.

Nobody knows how much I bought it for and knows why I'm selling it but if you must know, I did some panic buying after I heard news about the First Edition cancellation and because of that, I had to pay a premium for everything.

And these are the prices I paid for them.
http://plamoya.com/en/transformers-c-972.html

And I'm selling them because just a matter of weeks later, they show news of the RID line which is pretty much the same product but cheaper. So obviously I'm kicking myself for the panic buying.

So before anyone decides to judge, its good to understand the rest of the story but none of that bothers me because at the end of the day, as long as I get the figures I want, I can do whatever I want with them including change my mind about keeping them. The only rule I have about selling things is that I make my money back, that's it. If it makes more, that's awesome......more money to spend on toys.

Deluxe Leadfoot was never made available North American shores and the only way to get him was to pay a premium for it from Asian sellers. If he had been made available to North America, he would've retailed for $14.99. I'm not about to take a huge loss just to satisfy the collecting community's opinion about selling something above retail.
http://plamoya.com/en/transformers-d...html?cPath=972

Anyways, this was meant as a informative post. Nothing personal. I just find it semi-annoying when people yell SCALPER ALERT the moment they see something like this.

Bottom line, I paid a premium cuz I was late on getting them at retail. If this is what you call scalping then, then yes I'm scalping my own toys to break even.

Metroplex79 03-09-2012 12:29 PM

Just to keep this thread going...

Prime FE Cliffjumper

pandaprime 03-15-2012 11:47 PM

The 12th Prime 03-16-2012 03:04 AM

I think more than anything people are lashing out frustration at the whole sad First Edition situation (with it being cancelled) and quite possibly their reluctance or inability to acquire the desired figures at the heightened cost or in retail. I think outing members on ebay who may also be members of our boards is not a wise decision as we all have our reasons for selling things some of it not by choice for some people. It's nice from time to time to see that outrageous ebay listing for a peg warmer or something for a triple digit price but what is next here outing each others sale threads? Myself as a fan, collector and trader/seller I do my best set a fair market value for the things I sell even under cutting the market to get things sold and to further my collecting wants and goals as quick as I can. I certainly don't want other sellers coming back and returning the favour outing and ridiculing me because I am are under cutting their price.

The 12th Prime 03-16-2012 03:11 AM

Come on, Zellers is selling it for more minus the shipping, lol. Ask the guy if he'll price match, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandaprime (Post 416940)

Metroplex79 03-16-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prime73 (Post 416971)
I think more than anything people are lashing out frustration at the whole sad First Edition situation (with it being cancelled) and quite possibly their reluctance or inability to acquire the desired figures at the heightened cost or in retail. I think outing members on ebay who may also be members of our boards is not a wise decision as we all have our reasons for selling things some of it not by choice for some people. It's nice from time to time to see that outrageous ebay listing for a peg warmer or something for a triple digit price but what is next here outing each others sale threads? .....

I doubt this person is on our boards, and this is not the import version. Are FE Cliffjumpers this rare?

FE Cliffjumper

:D

UPDATE:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metroplex79 (Post 415035)
Just to keep this thread going...

Prime FE Cliffjumper

This was actually sold after being relisted with a slightly lowered BIN price.

chuchupika 03-16-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metroplex79 (Post 417008)
I doubt this person is on our boards, and this is not the import version. Are FE Cliffjumpers this rare?

FE Cliffjumper

:D

UPDATE:

This was actually sold after being relisted with a slightly lowered BIN price.

FE CJ, not rare. Had an section full of FE CJ, BH, and Prime, when I passed by during the launch. Scalpers are taking it all, while I just let the stuff sit, because one or two is all I wanted. Would have gotten all the BHs for members here who wanted for cost, just to stop the scalpers.

This is the order people wanted the items. BH, Prime, CJ, Arcee, SS, BB.

TFSoldier 04-24-2012 04:56 AM

I NEED THAT BULKHEAD!!! Anyone KNOW the seller?! I'll even drive to Brampton to get it! I'd honestly buy OP and BULK but I don't need the OP. Someone help me with Bulk.. ple ple ple pleaaaasseeeee!!!