Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Feedback and Reviews (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Post in this thread for help to identify a Transformers toy (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=3143)

Robimus 08-01-2007 12:45 AM

Post in this thread for help to identify a Transformers toy

2 Attachment(s)
We can use this thread when we pick something up and don't know its name or what it is.
I made a find at the Salvation Army Thrift Shop today. Maybe somebody knows what this is from?It transforms but I don't think its a Transformer.

Attachment 133

Attachment 134

y2jversion1 08-01-2007 12:53 AM

Re: What the heck is this?

That's a Jetstorm from the Beast Machines Transformers series (which followed & concluded the Beast Wars series)

Protoman 08-01-2007 12:56 AM

Actually, it's not Jetstorm. It's "Sonic Attack Jet". He was a drone/repaint of Jetstorm in the later Beast Machines line. Best way to tell them apart is the use of red instead of yellow on the forhead and body.... and the missles. Good find, he was tougher to get in Canada cause the tail end of Beast Machines was limited in release here.

Robimus 08-01-2007 12:57 AM

CYBERTRON.CA is JERICHO!!!!!!!!

Cool, thanks y2jversion1. It doesn't quite have the quality I've come to expect from Transformers thats why I thought it might be something else. A great find for .99cents. I'm glad I picked it up!

And thanks to Protoman as well, knew I'd get the answer I needed.

y2jversion1 08-01-2007 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protoman (Post 14674)
Actually, it's not Jetstorm. It's "Sonic Attack Jet". He was a drone/repaint of Jetstorm in the later Beast Machines line. Best way to tell them apart is the use of red instead of yellow on the forhead and body.... and the missles. Good find, he was tougher to get in Canada cause the tail end of Beast Machiens was limited in release here.

D'oh! I was close though :p

The colours of this drone/repaint actually reflect the colours of the Jetstorm character from the show more than the actual Jetstorm toy did...

For 0.99 it's a freakin steal!! Good one man!

Protoman 08-01-2007 01:09 AM

That is sadly how the Beast Machines line was, always the "2nd shot" at the character was better then the first. Case in point with Mega Cheetor (then Supreme Cheetor), Mega Tankorr (then Deluxe Tank Drone), Deluxe Primal (Then Blast Punch Primal), Thrust, ect ect. It does not help when initially the McDonald toys were more dead on then the main line ones either.

Dark Rage 08-01-2007 01:14 AM

God I hate that line.

Why did I buy them in high school?

(kicks one's self)

Protoman 08-01-2007 01:21 AM

Yes it did have a lot of figures that I too felt a little disappointed about after removing them from their plastic prison (what I call packaging). Mega Cheetor was..... just terrible.

Scrapper6 08-01-2007 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protoman (Post 14688)
Yes it did have a lot of figures that I too felt a little disappointed about after removing them from their plastic prison (what I call packaging). Mega Cheetor was..... just terrible.

Throw in the Unicron.com Accessory pack with his big honkin swords and Mega Cheetor looks better armed and not so weak against the hordes of Vehicons.

I found Beast Machines to be quite a good toyline and am still miffed that I could't get them all in Canada because I really want figures like Motorcycle Drone and Night Viper. (Which for some reason I never once found at Retail despite being an early toy in the line.)

A shame fans of the Transformers didn't really get Beast Machines until after the fact especially in Canada; if they had we might not have seen the clogging of shelves that was so abundant in those days and maybe would have managed to get the cool Battle for the Spark sub-line in greater abundance.

I really never understood all the hate for both series and toys to be honest; heck back in the day I'd bought two of some of the Vehicons before I realized building an army of them would be impossible and sold them off. And as for the Maximals; they seem to be more hated than most, but why? Their toys were fun and fun to play with still not like some of the more complex car brother molds and the like we got from Robots in Disguise. Not to mention the concept of Technorganics was pretty neat and I miss Spark Crystals like what we had in those days.
So what if they didn't match the show? That's not Hasbro's fault, you can blame that squarely on the animation choices for the series; I don't see why they couldn't go with the look of the toys better and avoid the whole morphing transformation thing, but then again I still like the series so yeah, probably a tad hypocritical of me or something.

If you need instructions on how to TF that guy fully Robimus I'm sure you can find them online.

At the time everyone was against Beast Machines because it wasn't Beast Wars, the characters had different personalities from what had been established and to many the toys were a great dissapointment because they didn't match the show, nowadays many of those naysayers have changed opinions of both toys and show... I personally never had a problem with either; I liked it all even that crazy ending they had, still I'm sure if they were making the series nowadays they'd change a lot of what happened... But I'd hope they'd keep the final fight scene just the way it was; many say what the best climactic engagemet is between Optimus Prime and Megatron... I say what we got in Beast Machines is the best Climactic engagement between Optimus Primal and Megatron II.

A shame the Megatron toy we got in Beast Machines was just a tad too small; it's the only thing I am disappointed with, but that's mostly because I overpaid for the bastard at Galaxy Comics because I couldn't find him/wait for him on the shelves at retail among all those Cheetors clogging everything.

Pascal 08-01-2007 10:58 AM

I think the best toy of the line was that 6-wheeled tank (forgot the name). The transformation was pretty unique, and so was the look of the robot. I wouldn't mind a redeco in more stealth colors in a future line, the Universe one was tacky.

dak 08-01-2007 12:14 PM

Strika, or did you mean Blastcharge?

http://tfu.info/2001/Vehicon/Strika/stryka.htm
http://tfu.info/2000/Vehicon/Blastch...lastcharge.htm

I found them both interesting.

GMfan 08-01-2007 01:36 PM

I like the universe repaint of Stryka better.....dunno why, maybe the purple head bothered me.

agesthreeandup 08-01-2007 01:42 PM

Strika was wikid.

I think there were a few toys from that line I liked a lot. I also enjoyed the show to be honest. I don't know why all the hate.

Spencer.

Pascal 08-01-2007 02:08 PM

I was talking about Blastcharge. Stryka looks a bit goofy.

PrimeConvoy 08-01-2007 02:47 PM

Im am pretty big fan of BM myself, been pretty lucky and was able to complete the series just missing the deployers and rider repaints. There is IMO a lot of nice figures in that line, I still find BM one of my favourite line to transformer.

Team Jetfire 08-01-2007 03:00 PM

The jetstorm mold is what got me in to transformers...I have nothing but love for that figure...

GMfan 08-01-2007 06:27 PM

I liked the show it was ok and a good closer for the BW saga. The toys on the other had get mixed reviews from me, there good in the sense that there possable and interesting transformers but they were all far from show accurate in size and transformation.

Robimus 08-25-2007 01:49 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's a few more things I could use some info on. Found them all at Value Village today as well as a Hun-grrr Terrorcon.

First pick is a Sixshot KO of some kind. Maybe someone knows a bit more about it.

Second two picks are of a robot with a little almost headmaster like guy that pops out of his chest and changed from car to robot. Back says:sunrise
Nagoya TV'95
Takara
Made in Korea

Fourth is just a robot type guy, has a couple action features. Back says
95 Bandai
Made in china

Who are these guys? Click to enlarge them

Attachment 162

Attachment 163

Attachment 164

Attachment 165

dak 08-25-2007 02:05 AM

the 3rd looks like a KO LoC Cybertron Hotshot, and the 4th is from Power Rangers. the guy who replaced Zordon when the Rangers went ninja. Forget his name tho.

chisau 08-25-2007 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak (Post 18530)
the 3rd looks like a KO LoC Cybertron Hotshot, and the 4th is from Power Rangers. the guy who replaced Zordon when the Rangers went ninja. Forget his name tho.

That would be ninjor.

Robimus 08-25-2007 02:20 AM

Third guy is a little dude that pops out of the second picture's chest. There is a resembence to Hotshot but the fact he combines with the other robot makes me think there is more to it than that. It's almost headmaster like only a 'chestmaster I guess'. Yeah the third guy is a power ranger. I didn't recognize him until my daughter flipped his ninja head out of his body.

Autovolt 127 08-25-2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megatroptimus (Post 14718)
I think the best toy of the line was that 6-wheeled tank (forgot the name). The transformation was pretty unique, and so was the look of the robot. I wouldn't mind a redeco in more stealth colors in a future line, the Universe one was tacky.

Strika.

Damn it i want that Sonic Attack Jet to be mine and call it Sky Sheer.

Robimus 02-18-2008 11:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the meanest Autobot I've ever seen. Whats his name? Where's he from?

Attachment 456

noodle 02-18-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 39061)

Scavenger from Transformers Armada.
http://tfu.info/2002/Autobot/ArmScavenger/scavenger.htm

Robimus 02-19-2008 12:26 AM

Thanks Noodle. Looks like I got half of him anyway.....:D

Team Jetfire 02-19-2008 05:57 PM

He had a wierd rolling gimmick that really messed up a possible cool character.

He was part of the Armada series and was an autobot spy, working as a decipticon for a series of ep.

noodle 02-19-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Jetfire (Post 39147)
He had a wierd rolling gimmick that really messed up a possible cool character.

He was part of the Armada series and was an autobot spy, working as a decipticon for a series of ep.

I thought Scavenger's gimmick was being a paper-weight... guess I was wrong.

Autovolt 127 02-21-2008 07:28 PM

You are always getting the good stuff at thrift stores.

The only stuff i've ever found at thrift stores.

were some happy meals transformers from armada. T_T

Robimus 02-22-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 (Post 39472)
You are always getting the good stuff at thrift stores.

The only stuff i've ever found at thrift stores.

were some happy meals transformers from armada. T_T

Yeah, I got a classics Cliffjumper minus the jetski trailer that day too. I do have good luck at the thrift shops :D

noodle 02-22-2008 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 39518)
Yeah, I got a classics Cliffjumper minus the jetski trailer that day too. I do have good luck at the thrift shops :D

do you usually check value village?

Robimus 02-22-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noodle (Post 39523)
do you usually check value village?

Yup, but I find nothing much more than something. Maybe 1/5 visits reaps a reward........Find a lot more Star Wars than Transformers as well.

Robimus 12-20-2008 02:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Who's this guy or Gal? I can't find any markings on it but it seems to split into two combiner arms as well as the modes shown.

Attachment 1818Attachment 1819

FreedomGundam 12-20-2008 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 99017)
Who's this guy or Gal? I can't find any markings on it but it seems to split into two combiner arms as well as the modes shown.

Attachment 1818Attachment 1819

It's a component to the Turbo Rescue Megazord from Power Rangers Turbo. It would be the #5 Wind Rescue Rescuezord.

Benzo 12-20-2008 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreedomGundam (Post 99018)
It's a component to the Turbo Rescue Megazord from Power Rangers Turbo. It would be the #5 Wind Rescue Rescuezord.

yup.

http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2...67-6/DXRV1.jpg

Robimus 12-21-2008 10:25 PM

Thanks ya'll :)

Scrapper6 12-22-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 39061)

Attachment 456

I'm not sure how many people know this, but a month back when I put my Armada collection back on display I discovered that Armada Scavenger's arms are actually jointed at the elbow to bend so he dosen't constantly look like he's reaching out to smash something ala Frankenstein.

chans formers 12-23-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper6 (Post 99314)
I'm not sure how many people know this, but a month back when I put my Armada collection back on display I discovered that Armada Scavenger's arms are actually jointed at the elbow to bend so he dosen't constantly look like he's reaching out to smash something ala Frankenstein.

in the pic his lower half is backwards too.his big shovel should end up on the front of the bot as his toes that move up and down as you roll him forward.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL 12-23-2008 09:17 PM

i have i piece from it(the first thing that was posted here the blue combiner jet thing.) i am not sure what it is but i have the left wing from it i got it in a bag of random toys a value village like 6 or 7 years ago when i was about 5 or six or i might of even got it when i was 4.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL 12-23-2008 09:20 PM

Robimus 03-14-2009 12:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Who's this Mosquito guy? All the markings I can find on him are LN? KO maybe?

Being that the mosquito is the official bird of Manitoba this guy has a warm place in my heart :p

Attachment 2143

Attachment 2144