Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Toys "R" Us Exclusive Autobot Whirl and Decepticon Bludgeon Released in Canada (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=15988)

soundwaveCA 05-29-2009 01:11 PM

Toys "R" Us Exclusive Autobot Whirl and Decepticon Bludgeon Released in Canada

1 Attachment(s)
In conjunction with the official mass release of wave 1 Transforemers Revenge of the Fallen toys, Toys "R" Us Exclusive Autobot Whirl and Decepticon Bludgeon two pack has been also been sighted in Canada.

This sighting was made at a Toys "R" Us in Calgary Alberta and retails for $49.99. Thanks to Cybertron.ca BadJeff for posting the sighting.

See what other Transformers products are being sighted in your area in our Canadian Transformers Sightings forum.

soundwaveCA 05-29-2009 01:42 PM

Re: Toys "R" Us Exclusive Autobot Whirl and Decepticon Bludgeon Released in Canada

$50 is ridicules for those two toys.

Uberman 05-29-2009 01:52 PM

Re: Toys "R" Us Exclusive Autobot Whirl and Decepticon Bludgeon Released in Canada

That what I thought.

I'll wait till they show up for 30 at Winners.

BadJeff 05-29-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundwaveCA (Post 138657)
$50 is ridicules for those two toys.

Yeah, unfortunately I didn't know how much they were until the cashier rang them through..

Poho 05-29-2009 01:58 PM

Bludgeon is tight, but i was never a fan of the TF1 blackout mold.

jourdo 05-29-2009 02:00 PM

Holy poop! Did Calgary just scoop the rest of Canada? Has that happened before?

Wasn't really into these figs the first go around, so I can't see myself biting at this price.

General Tekno 05-29-2009 02:33 PM

50 bucks is a ripoff? I don't follow.

That's 45 bucks worth of toys plus 5 bucks markup. Seems fair.

crimbot 05-29-2009 02:44 PM

Wouldnt this set essentially be the same as the Blackout, Scorponok set? Why the crap is it so much more expensive. Wasn't the other set only like 34.99?? Is TRU getting pricing tips from Zellers?

QuadESL63 05-29-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Tekno (Post 138682)

Thanks for explaining to us why the set is a rip-off :D

Saw quite a few @ one of the Ottawa locations too... I can smell a sales/clearance coming...

Whisky Tango Foxtrot 05-29-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Tekno (Post 138682)

The regular Deluxe and Voyager prices include markup too, you know, and typically when you buy many items packaged together you expect to pay less than what you'd pay if you bought each item individually, not more.