Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ENCORE 23 FORT MAX missing parts (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=48269)

Botwonder 07-12-2013 11:46 AM

ENCORE 23 FORT MAX missing parts

1 Attachment(s)
I finally open my FORT MAX and to my horror

discover it's MISSING the Barrel gun that fits into FM's Right waist.

Anyone heard of this?

See picture insert

chroma23 07-12-2013 11:49 AM

Re: ENCORE 23 FORT MAX missing parts

ya the encore fort max has had tons of QC issues with flipped parts and missing parts etc.......

Slayback 07-12-2013 12:09 PM

People are selling parts on ebay -and from the encore fig. They're going relatively cheap.

Hobbyist Prime 07-12-2013 12:09 PM

Holy crap! it's not just the snap on cannon that's missing, it's the hinge as well!!!!

Protoman 07-12-2013 12:18 PM

Get Fort Max at TFcon, that way you can inspect it before you buy.

chroma23 07-12-2013 12:20 PM

protoman is right; with something like this (tons of qc issues, and expensive) you probably dont wanna buy it online since you cannot inspect it in person before paying

canprime 07-12-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chroma23 (Post 519624)
protoman is right; with something like this (tons of qc issues, and expensive) you probably dont wanna buy it online since you cannot inspect it in person before paying

Yeah the only problem with that is how many dealers are going to say "sure no problem, open up this MISB Fortress Maximus without paying"

It sucks because it isn't like regular retail where you can simply return it to the store, or exchange it, but maybe you'll get lucky and find a willing dealer.

chroma23 07-12-2013 12:39 PM

ask the seller/dealer at tfcon if hes willing to exchange with another one on the spot if you spot any qc issues or missing pieces. if he agrees, pay him, open and inspect, if all good walk home happy, if u got a lemon then demand the seller to (on the spot) open another box until u find one that's good. if seller refuses, get tfcon staff or protoman to intervene

yes in this case you have to take the initiative and pay first, to show that you are serious about buying. if seller just so happens only has one fortmax left, then its your decision if you want to take the gamble or not

better than buying it online; in the event u have a dud and they want you to ship it back first the shipping cost will really hurt

even though things tend to be pricey in the dealers room at tfcon, for the most part the sellers are pretty friendly and reasonable; they will only be hurting business if they back out on a lemon fort max exchange, especially if inspected on the spot

joshimus 07-12-2013 02:07 PM

Holy crap. I must have lucked out then. Mine isn't missing anything and so far no QC issues.

UltraMarknus 07-12-2013 04:10 PM

They don't make/pack em how they use to.