Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   International Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   War For Cybertron Siege: Earthrise Leader Class Optimus Prime In-Hand Images (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=78073)

Super_Megatron 11-05-2019 01:40 PM

War For Cybertron Siege: Earthrise Leader Class Optimus Prime In-Hand Images

https://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/...s-Prime-00.jpg

Via SMARTISAN NUT on Twitter*we can share for your our first in-hand images of the highly expected*War For Cybertron Siege: Earthrise Leader Class Optimus Prime. Click on the bar to see the mirrored images and then sound off your impressions on this news Optimus Prime rendition on the 2005 Boards!

The post War For Cybertron Siege: Earthrise Leader Class Optimus Prime In-Hand Images appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...

evenstaves 11-05-2019 02:17 PM

Re: War For Cybertron Siege: Earthrise Leader Class Optimus Prime In-Hand Images

BLUE HANDS

DanicusTF(cdn) 11-05-2019 02:45 PM

Re: War For Cybertron Siege: Earthrise Leader Class Optimus Prime In-Hand Images

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenstaves (Post 800092)
BLUE HANDS

Blue eyes as well! Glad they got rid of the yellow.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot 11-06-2019 02:02 PM

Looks like they're using some of the same engineering from Bumblebee Prime on the legs. Hopefully they'll hold together a bit better this time.

Aside from that (and some minor things like the lack of a dedicated Matrix chamber hatch) this seems to be pretty much everything I want in a G1 Optimus Prime figure.

I like the way the wheels fold onto his back. The handling of the front wheels is generally the most interesting part of any G1-styled Optimus Prime figure, and I like the approach they took here. Not show-accurate, but it still looks good.

RNSrobot 11-06-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot (Post 800151)
Looks like they're using some of the same engineering from Bumblebee Prime on the legs. Hopefully they'll hold together a bit better this time.

Aside from that (and some minor things like the lack of a dedicated Matrix chamber hatch) this seems to be pretty much everything I want in a G1 Optimus Prime figure.

I like the way the wheels fold onto his back. The handling of the front wheels is generally the most interesting part of any G1-styled Optimus Prime figure, and I like the approach they took here. Not show-accurate, but it still looks good.

I mean, they just disappear in G1. You can't be show accurate without absurd MP stuff. =)

joshimus 11-06-2019 03:14 PM

Everytime I think I am out, another must buy Optimus figure gest announced

Alexander Quinn 11-06-2019 05:02 PM

That is pretty much perfect. Unless it’s impossible to transform, I think, after 35 years, they may have finally nailed a perfect mainline, retail, regular ol Optimus Prime!

Vega-Starscream 11-06-2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanicusTF(cdn) (Post 800094)
Blue eyes as well! Glad they got rid of the yellow.

THIS!

jtkv 11-06-2019 11:45 PM

OP looks great, but the trailer looks off... don't like how the rear wheels are done...

Whisky Tango Foxtrot 11-07-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 800154)
I mean, they just disappear in G1. You can't be show accurate without absurd MP stuff. =)

Yeah, but they could have hidden them somewhere in his robot body but they chose to put them on full display. The leg wheels are also an area where most toys differ from the show model, but in that case it usually just amounts to leaving them as is the way they were on the toy (or maybe pushing them in slightly.) Leaving the front wheels as they were on the toy isn't really an option since they just hung awkwardly from his waist there, so every new toy handles them differently.