Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=44203)

kirbenvost 02-03-2013 05:31 PM

Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

I'm super selective...most I ever spent on 3P stuff was MT Green Giant and I could barely handle that. Aside from tiny head/weapon upgrades I've mostly stuck to FP. I didn't even buy MT Battle Tanker.

Trans4mers 02-03-2013 05:47 PM

That's smart. I typically go with the more reputable companies like Fans Project, Make Toys MMC. Haven't ventured into TFC too much other than the Photron.

kirbenvost 02-03-2013 05:55 PM

I kinda really want PE's Assault Force X but other stuff keeps coming out first and I never have the chance. MMC stuff looks great but I just can't justify starting another expensive 3P line.

awalinz 02-03-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trans4mers (Post 486797)
All these 3P products is killing my wallet. I dunno how you guys do it but I am being selective and its still hard on the wallet.

Totally agree with you. I've been trying to play catch up (protector and city commander) and trying to stay current (FP Assaulter) but it's getting tough. I need to focus on specific 3p companies and only some of their products.

kirbenvost 02-04-2013 11:12 AM

Just finished watching the video review of Takara FOC Bruticus. Looks like I need Onslaught, and probably Brawl and Swindle too. I think I can deal with Hasbro colors for the other two. Maybe once the ruination colors come out I can do some creative part-swapping to get a decent Vortex.

Edit: Of course, I didn't realize the going rate for a Takara deluxe is now $38. WTF? Screw that... I guess back to my original plan of waiting until BBTS pus the Hasbro set on clearance.

Yobuster 02-04-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandaprime (Post 486795)
Looks like 3P and online sellers are trying hard to earn our money while retail stores put toys on the backburner for the first quarter...

Yeah it used to be that for the first couple of months in the year i can take a break and save some money but now it looks like pedal to the metal. Luckily i've already fired up a budgeting tool to help me calculate what to expect and when.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trans4mers (Post 486797)
All these 3P products is killing my wallet. I dunno how you guys do it but I am being selective and its still hard on the wallet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirbenvost (Post 486803)
I kinda really want PE's Assault Force X but other stuff keeps coming out first and I never have the chance. MMC stuff looks great but I just can't justify starting another expensive 3P line.

I know it is killing me but so far, i've settled on most of FansProject products, the occasional MakeToy product. TFC Toy is ok but lower on the priority for sure, TFC's hercules was good but i hated the joints on it, not sure if TFC Uranos is going to get much better.

Darth Cylon 02-05-2013 01:22 AM

$19.99 Thinkgeek Transformers Decepticon Logo T-Shirt, size Large at Memory Express.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX43487

AeroShake 02-05-2013 02:45 PM

OMG GUYS. RETARD-ED-EST THING HAPPENED.

OPENED MP SOUNDWAVE

GOT TWO SOUNDWAVE CARDS, NO LAZERBEAK

FUUUUUU-

Anyone got a Lazerbeak card they can part with? I'm hardcore collector over the MP cards.

Corvicron 02-05-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeroShake (Post 487101)
OMG GUYS. RETARD-ED-EST THING HAPPENED.

OPENED MP SOUNDWAVE

GOT TWO SOUNDWAVE CARDS, NO LAZERBEAK

FUUUUUU-

Anyone got a Lazerbeak card they can part with? I'm hardcore collector over the MP cards.

Oh you got the Special edition Disappointment Model?

kirbenvost 02-05-2013 04:13 PM

That's unfortunate... maybe the seller can help you? Or I'm sure there must be someone out there who cares not for packaging and paperwork.