Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   International Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Maketoys Battle Tanker Pictorial Review (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=36447)

Super_Megatron 11-21-2011 10:50 AM

Maketoys Battle Tanker Pictorial Review

Maketoys Battle Tanker Pictorial Review

Category: 3rd Party Unlicensed

Posted From: TFW2005.COM - Transformers

jjwankenobi 11-21-2011 12:38 PM

Re: Maketoys Battle Tanker Pictorial Review

You gotta take RTS G2 Prime apart and replace with some of the new parts???

Pass...I'm strictly a snap-on a la FP City Commander armour kinda guy.

Akroyer 11-21-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjwankenobi (Post 387405)
You gotta take RTS G2 Prime apart and replace with some of the new parts???

Pass...I'm strictly a snap-on a la FP City Commander armour kinda guy.

Apparently you need to boil the head too. I'm not too keen on those points. The boil part particularly. Since I've had to use tools to upgrade my G1 Devi and Cliffjumper head swap and such that's not too too bad for the waist.

But I do have to say that the review has really shaken my 'Not really grabbing me' thoughts about this.

Battery pack and light up sword is cool, and it looks a lot nicer with the good quality pictures.

I may need to think more about this than I wanted :argh:

Still no PO up yet at the usual places. So we've got time. I'm in no hurry about it.

Pascal 11-21-2011 12:55 PM

Looks fantastic. Mine should be here tomorrow, can't wait! I might get another United Prime just to have one with his normal head and waist as if they were 2 different molds...

UltraPrimal 11-21-2011 01:03 PM

Yeah, the whole "boil the head" thing seems pretty scary to me. Especially since I can't boil an egg, let alone a head. :p

But I'll still get it. If BBTS or someone bothers to get a pre-order up! And it better come with that Drift sword. I've been ready to buy this thing since I first saw it. Not my problem if they don't bother to put out pre-order information.

racerguy76 11-21-2011 01:43 PM

The partswapping has not detered me, it still looks fantastic.

The waist will be simple enough and the head can be done without too much effort. I would suggest boiling the water and the soaking the head in a cup of said hot water to prevent heat damage. I wouldn't put the actual head in the pot while heating the water. Our water cooler makes hot water that is hot enough to expand parts for installation.

As a mechanic this is a very common practice when installing interference fit parts, of course most are metal parts and not plastic. I have a toaster oven and a slow cooker in my shop for doing just this.

UltraPrimal 11-21-2011 01:45 PM

Hey! Pre-order is up on BBTS!
Link: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...00&mode=retail

Fastest pre-ordering I've ever done. Now, where's the pre-order for Mastermind's Hexatron?!

Goaliebot 11-21-2011 01:52 PM

So sold on this. Pre-pre-order email is in with Mario at Automaton.

I don't mind the parts swapping or head boiling at all, as I do a fair bit of kitbashing anyways.

razin 11-21-2011 01:56 PM

Damn, it looks good. I have no desire to collect G2 stuff, but this is certainly tempting me. I did pick up RTS Prime last week too, hmmmm......

It's a great start for Maketoy, as Giant is looking amazing as well. The boiling head thing is not a big deal, 20-30s in the water won't hurt it.

FP has competition now!

Matrix_Holder 11-21-2011 02:03 PM

I wish he posted pics of the part swapping process, but it still is a buy for me if it is not too pricey.