Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How can i getting the TCG Transformers game (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=73875)

MechanovaKing 09-17-2018 07:22 PM

How can i getting the TCG Transformers game

I have all the cards except Nemesis Prime and Darkmount

[[[[Mods you can you please delete this thread.]]]]

[]

predahank 09-17-2018 07:33 PM

Re: How can i getting the TCG Transformers game

ebay?

MechanovaKing 09-17-2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predahank (Post 771801)
ebay?

First place i'm going to looking at. I just find the sells on that kind of raise the price a little too much. So i'm hoping for a different place.

pandaprime 09-17-2018 08:43 PM

Booster Packs will be sold separately and available for purchase at retailers in the United States beginning on Sept. 28, 2018, and in certain other markets later in 2018.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/...-of-the-coast/

Hound 10-09-2018 04:16 PM

I'm still looking for this game as well. There have been quite a number of youtube videos showing the cards and gameplay now that its been released in the US. It's been delay in Canada but I'm hoping not for long.

I'm also hoping to find people here to trade with so we can help each other fill in the gaps where we're missing cards.

If you do watch videos on the game, I've noticed quite a few reviewers were down on the game a little when they only played with the starter set - once they play with booster pack additions, however, a lot say the game gets much better and much more interesting. The starter set is rather "basic" but things open up beyond that.

Ultra Maverick 10-09-2018 04:31 PM

I chatted with one of my guys at a games shop.

He said that big retailers were likely to get the game first (walmarts, toysRus etc...)
Unfortunately a couple of other smaller shops in my area have no plans of distributing this game at this time :(

When the ball does get rolling I'll be looking for people to trade with as well, going to be hunting for those dinobot cards!

steamwhistle 10-09-2018 05:31 PM

I got some sets from Amazon UK. Didn't realize import duties would be so heavy. Ended up costing me about $60 CAD for each set.

Hound 10-10-2018 10:05 AM

I've thought about ordering online but the costs with shipping and other fees make it too expensive. I'll just wait and get them when they show up.

I'm just hoping to be able to find people looking to trade to help each other complete their sets. I have a feeling this site might be the best for that. (I've had several experiences of purchasing TF figures from members here and it was always a great experience).

thebobkat 10-10-2018 05:27 PM

Hasbro has delayed the release for markets outside of the US. Canada is officially supposed to get them 1-3 months later.

But if you're close to the border, Gamestop has starters, and some booster packs, and you can get a full box of the boosters online like ebay or Amazon.com for just under $100 USD.

thebobkat 10-10-2018 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamwhistle (Post 773250)
I got some sets from Amazon UK. Didn't realize import duties would be so heavy. Ended up costing me about $60 CAD for each set.

I'm not sure if/how you can dispute the duties, but you're not supposed to be hit with any duty or tarrifs for these. Apparently they can be tariffed if they are considered colletible cards, but this is a TCG so should be considered a card GAME which they're not supposed to tariff/charge duty.

pandaprime 10-10-2018 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebobkat (Post 773295)
Hasbro has delayed the release for markets outside of the US. Canada is officially supposed to get them 1-3 months later.

But if you're close to the border, Gamestop has starters, and some booster packs, and you can get a full box of the boosters online like ebay or Amazon.com for just under $100 USD.

ouch thanks for the update, saved me some futile search time.

chaingunsofdoom 10-10-2018 08:06 PM

Target ships here... and it's expensive, but they have them:

https://intl.target.com/p/transforme...t/-/A-53855613

Hound 10-10-2018 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebobkat (Post 773295)

As hard as it is to wait, I think patience will save me a fair bit of money. My FLGS has great prices on their games.

chaingunsofdoom 10-19-2018 02:28 PM

My Target order arrived with 1 Starter box. You get the 4 oversized cards. A card with rules. A damage point card that has perforations. And then 20 deck cards x2 for your 40 total cards. Very nice art. Not sure if it's worth C$20 though?

905soundwave 10-19-2018 07:15 PM

The less valuable cards may find its way to Dollarama just like Pokemon and hockey cards. Once the collectors need to start dumping the many duplicates.

Matrix_Holder 10-19-2018 07:53 PM

Saw them at target in niagara falls usa yesterday but it didn't seem worth it for the price they were charging.

Birchwood 10-21-2018 11:45 AM

I just got back from a business trip to the US. I picked up the starter kit and bought some boosters. I wanted to be able to play a 2 player game with my kids. I found it took 9 boosters to have enough to do this. Technically you could do it in 7 but I got a duplicate character and bought two extra boosters on my way out of town. I got it all at Target if anyone lives close to the border.

So when the time comes, I have a Bombshell and a Flamewar to trade...

Hound 10-21-2018 06:35 PM

Thanks for the updates, folks. As much as I don't want to wait, I'm going to bide my time for the Canadian release.

Hound 11-10-2018 08:34 PM

The news forums show an annoucement that we'll be getting the Transformers TCG in December. A bit more of a wait than I'd like but at least it's coming guys!

Hound 12-01-2018 09:18 PM

[Hope it's ok that I'm posting three times in a row, but...]

My FLGS said they'll be getting the game in on December 21st; Autobot Starter and boosters only, no Metroplex Set right away.

However, prices were better than I thought; between $15 and $20 for the starter and around $120 for a box of boosters. Not bad at all in my estimation.

Vangelus 12-01-2018 10:20 PM

I think that's the third report I've seen of FLGS's saying December 21st, so it's looking like a pretty concrete date. $120 cdn for a booster box is better than I was expecting!

Hound 12-21-2018 04:44 PM

Bought a box of 30 boosters from my FLGS today. Price was $124.99+tax which was pretty good.

However, they did not receive any Autobot Starters in the shipment.

I'll be opening up the packs once I get home with my kids. We'll see what duplicates I end up with and hopefully we can organize some trading within the TFs community.

Hound 12-26-2018 09:04 PM

For anyone looking to trade (or sell/purchase) duplicate transformers cards I created this trading thread here to help organize it. Why pay more money for cards if you have extras!?

predahank 01-01-2019 10:18 PM

edit* SOLD* to one of our awesome board members

Is this the trading card game you guys speak of? I was sent some as samples. One autobot starter pack and 10 packs to be exact.
I don't know what they are worth but if anyone wants to buy them, just make an offer. Local seems more logical but I'll ship if you want

https://i.imgur.com/MkMpq5rm.jpg

Hound 01-02-2019 06:51 PM

That's the one!

You might also want to post it in the TCG trading thread in the Item for Sale or Trade section.

predahank 01-02-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hound (Post 778463)
That's the one!

You might also want to post it in the TCG trading thread in the Item for Sale or Trade section.

Thanks

I’ve gotten a few offers already so it will be going to the best offer by the end of today.

Sounds like an interesting game but I would never have the time to play, unfortunately.

CybertronianFan 01-04-2019 04:29 AM

I have a few cards that I'm willing to trade/sell and looking for a few myself. Also, have several duplicates of commons and uncommons that I'd gladly trade for stuff I need. I live in the U.S. and can gladly ship to Canada.

chaingunsofdoom 01-25-2019 09:02 PM

If anyone is looking for Boosters at retail, London Drugs here is carrying them. $5.99 for Booster pack. No price tag on Autobot starter pack.

The7thParallel 01-25-2019 10:34 PM

Saw the starter set at TRU Vic park today for 22.99. Lots of them in the TF section.

alternatorfan 02-04-2019 05:05 PM

Wheres the trading forum for extra cards??
I bought 12 boosters and did not get any I needed
Sucks

Hound 02-05-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alternatorfan (Post 781074)
Wheres the trading forum for extra cards??
I bought 12 boosters and did not get any I needed
Sucks

I was going to answer your question but I see you found it. Great.

It certainly does suck when you get to point where you open packs and get all duplicates. You are at that spot now where you only need rares and one of the super rares. My advice now would be to stop buying packs and either hope to get needed cards through trading or buying them singly.

Or you can approach the game as I do with the understanding that I won't get them all, but I'll be happy getting any I can. And Rember, there is a whole new wave coming in the next few months as well. So plently more cards to get then!

northren prime 02-10-2019 02:25 AM

has anyone seen the metroplex start set in the wild?

chaingunsofdoom 02-11-2019 05:12 PM

EB games had the boosters out when I was there today. $5.99 minus Edge discount.

Starscream00 02-16-2019 12:46 PM

Where does everyone buy their cards from? I was looking to get into the game and maybe get a booster box or 2. But best i've seen is 159.99 at a place in Mississauga....seems a bit steep. Amazon.ca mind you is $200...

Malibu 02-16-2019 02:38 PM

Toys R Us has them now. At least around here

Hound 02-16-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northren prime (Post 781522)
has anyone seen the metroplex start set in the wild?

Still haven't seen then Metroplex set around but it should be soon now.

Canadian releases will be significantly behind the US release due to different printing runs.