Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How can i getting the TCG Transformers game (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=73875)

pandaprime 10-10-2018 07:03 PM

Re: How can i getting the TCG Transformers game

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebobkat (Post 773295)
Hasbro has delayed the release for markets outside of the US. Canada is officially supposed to get them 1-3 months later.

But if you're close to the border, Gamestop has starters, and some booster packs, and you can get a full box of the boosters online like ebay or Amazon.com for just under $100 USD.

ouch thanks for the update, saved me some futile search time.

chaingunsofdoom 10-10-2018 08:06 PM

Target ships here... and it's expensive, but they have them:

https://intl.target.com/p/transforme...t/-/A-53855613

Hound 10-10-2018 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebobkat (Post 773295)
Hasbro has delayed the release for markets outside of the US. Canada is officially supposed to get them 1-3 months later.

As hard as it is to wait, I think patience will save me a fair bit of money. My FLGS has great prices on their games.

chaingunsofdoom 10-19-2018 02:28 PM

My Target order arrived with 1 Starter box. You get the 4 oversized cards. A card with rules. A damage point card that has perforations. And then 20 deck cards x2 for your 40 total cards. Very nice art. Not sure if it's worth C$20 though?

905soundwave 10-19-2018 07:15 PM

The less valuable cards may find its way to Dollarama just like Pokemon and hockey cards. Once the collectors need to start dumping the many duplicates.

Matrix_Holder 10-19-2018 07:53 PM

Saw them at target in niagara falls usa yesterday but it didn't seem worth it for the price they were charging.

Birchwood 10-21-2018 11:45 AM

I just got back from a business trip to the US. I picked up the starter kit and bought some boosters. I wanted to be able to play a 2 player game with my kids. I found it took 9 boosters to have enough to do this. Technically you could do it in 7 but I got a duplicate character and bought two extra boosters on my way out of town. I got it all at Target if anyone lives close to the border.

So when the time comes, I have a Bombshell and a Flamewar to trade...

Hound 10-21-2018 06:35 PM

Thanks for the updates, folks. As much as I don't want to wait, I'm going to bide my time for the Canadian release.

Hound 11-10-2018 08:34 PM

The news forums show an annoucement that we'll be getting the Transformers TCG in December. A bit more of a wait than I'd like but at least it's coming guys!

Hound 12-01-2018 09:18 PM

[Hope it's ok that I'm posting three times in a row, but...]

My FLGS said they'll be getting the game in on December 21st; Autobot Starter and boosters only, no Metroplex Set right away.

However, prices were better than I thought; between $15 and $20 for the starter and around $120 for a box of boosters. Not bad at all in my estimation.