Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lack of Transformers recently (Toronto) (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77241)

MichaelQuach 08-11-2019 06:52 PM

Lack of Transformers recently (Toronto)

Is it just me, but in Toronto or even the (GTA), has there been a lack of figures recently? It seems I have missed the entirety of wave 5 studio series and Bumblebee Movie Prime and Rampage. Along with wave 2 of siege, these studio series and siege figures have appeared to not be present at all at Toysrus. I'm also surprised amazon hasn't gotten any stock of sideswipe or optimus, as there are third party scalpers only present right now.

QuadESL63 08-11-2019 07:36 PM

Re: Lack of Transformers recently (Toronto)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelQuach (Post 793288)
Is it just me, but in Toronto or even the (GTA), has there been a lack of figures recently? It seems I have missed the entirety of wave 5 studio series and Bumblebee Movie Prime and Rampage. Along with wave 2 of siege, these studio series and siege figures have appeared to not be present at all at Toysrus. I'm also surprised amazon hasn't gotten any stock of sideswipe or optimus, as there are third party scalpers only present right now.

This has been the case for more than half a year after Siege wave 1. It has been improved a little but recently but availability is still sparse. I just resorted to get stuffs that I really wanted online.

Tonestar 08-11-2019 07:36 PM

It's bad in my area too. TRU has gotten little to nothing new since Christmas last year and EB did for a while but now it's just the same old stock. Only WalMart got Wave#2 Siege and newer Studio Series for a short time but in such low quantities that if you miss it or don't get then you're S.O.L. TRU will hopefully come thru soon.

MichaelQuach 08-11-2019 07:50 PM

Glad you guys aren't the only ones... yea I've only seen siege wave 1 around at this point. Not surprising with the amount of sales coming from Toysrus and EBgames... hopefully Toysrus pulls through with new stuff.

justprime 08-11-2019 08:03 PM

Same up here in the boonies...Next well be crowed funding regular stock ....itll be the only way to get it with such lousy distrabution and quantities ..

neevnav 08-11-2019 08:38 PM

I've seen Rampage twice, and Scrapmetal and Shatter once. Distribution has been abysmal.

OldOfflineMan 08-11-2019 08:42 PM

I think all the retailers are waiting for Black Friday / Christmas season.

Everyone seems to be on holidays, including secondary market sites like Kijiji, Ebay, etc. Things are so quiet.

Xtreme987 08-11-2019 10:34 PM

It's not just the GTA. It's all over the country. Just check the sightings. Some peeps are still waiting on Siege wave 2. The 1st wave came out before Xmas of last year. Hopefully this isn't a sign of something worse to come. I think Hasbro is more focused on selling Marvel right now tho.

mrluthor 08-11-2019 11:07 PM

I not just the Toronto area I think it's the retailers not ordering new stock. If you want something now you pretty much got to buy it online. It seems we are missing waves of toys and whole assortments in Canada again. I was collecting some of the Botbots. Series 1 showed up but series 2 only a few 8 packs have shown up over here and they are already on series 3 in the States.

Undrave 08-12-2019 12:03 AM

We had the same issue back in the first few waves of Prime RID, remember?

The retaillers always go all in on the first wave and the friggin' movie smogasboard of terrible one step changers and other gimmicks and then just let anything else trickle. Even Walmarts in a single city can have WILDLY varying stock its insane.