Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   TFcon Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   My first tfcon!! (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=76899)

burgerhui 07-10-2019 07:25 PM

My first tfcon!!

Hey guys!

I'll be attending my first tfcon this year! Just wondering if anyone has tips for what to do and whether i should just get tickets at the venue (im looking to head there Saturday around noon time). I welcome any tips and suggestions! Thanks!

Dynamo.Dave 07-10-2019 07:34 PM

Re: My first tfcon!!

Cool! Hope you enjoy it!

You'll get a program in the welcome kit (or check tfcon.ca) to see about the panels and guests.
Usually I'll do a couple of laps of the dealer room to see the exclusives and going rates for my want list.
Scope out artist alley, get a couple of prints.

If you're into 3rd party, the 3rd party preview panel is probably the busiest thing on the schedule, so go for that early!

Yonoid 07-10-2019 07:37 PM

Bring cash and you can just get your ticket there.
Wear some comfy shoes since you will be on your feet for a while.

Bruticus82 07-10-2019 09:38 PM

If you're heading Saturday for noon, and just going for the day, buy the tickets at the venue. No point in pre-ordering.

As for what to do, a few laps of the dealer room/artist alley, and then check out any panels that interest you (check out the schedule to see what is going on). This year they also have some Transformer TCG event, and I think there is some sort of tabletop RPG thing happening too, so if you're into TCG or tabletop RPGs you might want to check those out.

If you're staying for the evening make sure to head to the hotel bar to meet other fans and chat about the deals of the day (or the regrets).

grizzly519 07-11-2019 02:27 AM

The dealer room gets crowded/heated and some people start to smell like they haven't showered in a year. Don't join the crowd and bring some pitstick with you. Personally I'd rather over power you with the smell of deodorant than the alternative

Constructicons 07-11-2019 02:30 AM

haha 2019 TFcon is gonna be the first one I attend as well

^_^

grizzly519 07-11-2019 05:06 AM

We all have plastic crack addictions that's why we're members and going to this event. If you think you might become like a gambling addict while there leave debit and credit cards at home so you can't use the atm for your next find/fix.Bring some reusable bags or a backpack for some of the goodies you'll find.be comfortable with yourself in walking away from something you see if you feel the pricing is too high to you.even if only one in room better to walk away then buy and regret

wervenom 07-11-2019 08:57 AM

All of the above but most important have a great time :D

burgerhui 07-12-2019 12:33 AM

thanks guys! appreciate the tips!