Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   International Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   CNBC: Hasbro CEO Says China Factories Almost Back Up (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=79220)

Super_Megatron 03-23-2020 12:40 PM

CNBC: Hasbro CEO Says China Factories Almost Back Up

https://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/...dner-China.jpg

TFW2005 member analogue brings us news of an interview with Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner via*CNBC wherein he discusses about how the giant toy manufacturer is dealing with current situation with the Coronavirus emergency. CNN.com highlights some declarations from this interview about production and factories in China: Brian Goldner told CNBC Monday morning that it expects to be back at full production capacity in China by the end of this week. What’s more, he said demand in China — as well as the rest of the world — is strong. That’s especially the case for Play-Doh and other toys » Continue Reading.

The post CNBC: Hasbro CEO Says China Factories Almost Back Up appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...

evenstaves 03-23-2020 03:21 PM

Re: CNBC: Hasbro CEO Says China Factories Almost Back Up

Someone please bring me back down to Earth if I am flying wildly offcourse here

I thought Hasbro's factories were relocated to Vietnam?

Or was only TFs/action figures relocated (and their "good" stuff can still be manufactured in China)?

Primetyme 03-23-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenstaves (Post 808080)
Someone please bring me back down to Earth if I am flying wildly offcourse here

I thought Hasbro's factories were relocated to Vietnam?

Or was only TFs/action figures relocated (and their "good" stuff can still be manufactured in China)?

TF's are in Vietnam, but majority of stuff like Marvel Legends, Power Rangers and Star Wars are in China.

evenstaves 03-23-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primetyme (Post 808083)
TF's are in Vietnam, but majority of stuff like Marvel Legends, Power Rangers and Star Wars are in China.

I can't recall, wasn't there a perception of declined plastic quality at the initial (stuff coming from Vietnam)?

The swirly plastic in the early TitansReturn leaders was part of it if I remember correctly

The 12th Prime 03-23-2020 11:41 PM

What I know is, yes toys are moving. Slowly but moving. I’ve had a challenge finding a decent Grapple I can live with.

evenstaves 03-24-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 12th Prime (Post 808101)
I’ve had a challenge finding a decent Grapple I can live with

Fig looks nice, and I'm not even a Grapple guy

But dat face; it's like he's supposed to have an LED in his brain, and the paint & plastic were intentionally thinned to allow light to pass through better

To say nothing of the snapping peg thing

GotBot 03-24-2020 04:41 PM

God, I detest Goldner, I really, really do, what a dirty liar. As was said above, I thought he said most their crap was being moved to Vietnam? I call bullshit,lol. And factories almost up? Nothing Hasbro makes is remotely essential. The LAST thing they should be doing now is pumping more product out into the market and encouraging people to go on a toy hunt (because we all know there are people who will make the dangerous move to go out looking for new plastic right now) or order their crap until this health issue is done. Mail is already stopped here as 3 carriers have tested positive. He is a gross human being and no, I don't even feel remotely bad about saying it. Shame on him and his corporate greed right now. The world does not need people like Goldner right now.

The 12th Prime 03-24-2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenstaves (Post 808110)
Fig looks nice, and I'm not even a Grapple guy

But dat face; it's like he's supposed to have an LED in his brain, and the paint & plastic were intentionally thinned to allow light to pass through better

To say nothing of the snapping peg thing

Yep, first Grapple I bought, figure looked great in package until I opened the package. Bam! Peg was broken in the foot before I even transformed it. There’s either dents or scratches on his bumper or the halves above his windshield don’t meet up. I’m not sure of any other issues other than his size and weight compared to Solar Storm Grapple. It’s gotta be tough for the new workers in Vietnam to learn and get use to what is a new line to them.