Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Most Disappointing Figures of 2018 (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=75155)

ssjgoku22 01-11-2019 05:39 AM

Most Disappointing Figures of 2018

I'll start off with this one. Takara's God Ginrai, in my experience with it, was abysmal. God Bomber kept falling apart on his own, and in combined mode, I could not get the figure to stand up on it's own for the life of me. I eventually purchased the Perfect Effects PC-18 kit, which addresses the weak legs, but still, the combined mode feels wobbly. The figure itself is a perfect example of a great idea executed terribly. The real issue is that the entire figure from the legs down has absolutely no heft (the legs are pretty much a bunch of flimsy panels that barely tab together). I love the way the figure looks, but Takara really rushed this one without fully thinking it through.

Also imagine the price of this figure plus having to purchase all of the Perfect Effect kits to make it feel complete (well over $300).

alternatorfan 01-11-2019 07:11 AM

Re: Most Disappointing Figures of 2018

Yeah its engineering is wonky.

justprime 01-11-2019 08:45 AM

There almost all disappointing due to one or more things ...QC issues are more apparent, the hollows in the plastic definatly size and price point (before anyone jumps here the price of oil is at an all time low plastics being the main consumer of.. moving there production from China to cheaper wages in Vietnam should have stabilized prices not increased )to name a few the fact that they have reverted to g1 designs and reissues (prime without a trailer for 3x original price
.(no engineering or development cost here) really) tells me that the collectors they ignored for years are needed now for there profit margins.

In my humble opinion..

Pascal 01-11-2019 10:24 AM

The entire Cyberverse line.

MapleMegatron 01-11-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 (Post 779170)
I'll start off with this one. Takara's God Ginrai, in my experience with it, was abysmal. God Bomber kept falling apart on his own, and in combined mode, I could not get the figure to stand up on it's own for the life of me. I eventually purchased the Perfect Effects PC-18 kit, which addresses the weak legs, but still, the combined mode feels wobbly. The figure itself is a perfect example of a great idea executed terribly. The real issue is that the entire figure from the legs down has absolutely no heft (the legs are pretty much a bunch of flimsy panels that barely tab together). I love the way the figure looks, but Takara really rushed this one without fully thinking it through.

I agree, I really didnt like that toy and how it turned out. I havent touched it since I combined him the first time. Although that's a 2017 toy.

Alexander Quinn 01-11-2019 10:37 AM

Studio Series VW Bumblebee. Not screen accurate, floppy, flimsy, small, overly fiddly, and pricey. Plus mine at least absolutely refuses to tab together securely. His car mode looks like it got hit by a truck and repaired on the cheap.

Marcotron 01-11-2019 10:56 AM

The $10 price jump for deluxes has effectively ended my willingness to purchase them. I am not impressed by a box, over a bubble pack.

The only figure I'm looking forward to is Reflector, which will cost 3 x $30, totaling $90! I might as well look into 3P versions.

ssjgoku22 01-11-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justprime (Post 779172)
There almost all disappointing due to one or more things ...QC issues are more apparent, the hollows in the plastic definatly size and price point (before anyone jumps here the price of oil is at an all time low plastics being the main consumer of.. moving there production from China to cheaper wages in Vietnam should have stabilized prices not increased )to name a few the fact that they have reverted to g1 designs and reissues (prime without a trailer for 3x original price
.(no engineering or development cost here) really) tells me that the collectors they ignored for years are needed now for there profit margins.

In my humble opinion..

Agreed. And yes, there is tons of hollow space in God Ginrai. I have him next to Armada leader Prime, and the quality was night and day. Armada Prime felt Prime felt like an MP in terms of plastic quality and heft when compared to God Ginrai. Super disappointing.

ssjgoku22 01-11-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 779178)
The entire Cyberverse line.

Yup, nothing but crap.

ssjgoku22 01-11-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 779179)
I agree, I really didnt like that toy and how it turned out. I havent touched it since I combined him the first time. Although that's a 2017 toy.

I got him in 2018. I guess for this thread if you want to mention a Transformer that was purchased in 2018 (even if it's not from 2018), that's fine.