Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Customs and Artwork (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Heavy Mods & Scratchbuilds The Thugger twins (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=30643)

fakebusker83 04-09-2011 02:33 PM

The Thugger twins

1 Attachment(s)

Hi guys up north!

I'm proud to present to you my offering, the Thugger twins.

I had been working on these guys for a few weeks, and underwent one design revision, so I'm pretty confident the design is at a good level of execution.

I originally started this project because I really wanted a good, cheap pair of Frenzy, Rumble figures that can also interact with WFC Soundwave.

Hence, they are designed to convert from bot to a cybertronian cassette to a vehicle mounted missile launcher.

Because he is designed to fit into Soundwave, he is astonishingly tiny.

He is also quite posable!

You can purchase him here at Thugger by fakebusker83 on Shapeways.
Most of what you're paying for goes into the Shapeway material and shipping. I'm only making a minimal profit from each because I want to keep prices as low as possible to reach the widest audience. I hope that's fair.

Prices are as listed:
White Strong Flexible: $6.51
Black Strong Flexible: $9.17
White Detail: $7.76
Black Detail: $7.79

Prices of the other materials can be found on the Shapeways link.

I'll recommend printing this figure in Detail materials to fully appreciate the details on the tiny sculpt, but printing in Strong Flexible material is still feasible.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5110/...845db59d47.jpg

This is revision 2.0, and there could still be possibility of problems in the sculpt. I myself will be printing a few more samples for quality control but I'm releasing Thugger now for those who want him. Comments, critiques and feedback on problems faced in the figure will be very much appreciated!

Once you have received your shipment, take the time to make sure you have all the required pieces. Separate the components carefully with a penknife, and give them a good wash with warm soapy water and a stiff brush to remove any uncured material. Make sure all the nooks and crannies are clean. Don't lose any pieces in the sink!

Assemble all the pieces according to the image above. Enjoy your little Thugger!

Oh and take note: You only get one Thugger per order, even though some pictures portray 2 of them.

Sincerely,
fb

Hobbyist Prime 04-09-2011 02:53 PM

Re: The Thugger twins

DUDE! These are SWEET!!! Are you producing them with a rapid prototype printer? I most definitely will be ordering a couple of these.

fakebusker83 04-09-2011 02:56 PM

Yep! Just click on the link in the first post and it will bring you to the site where you can place your order.

Thanks for your support!

Vain 04-09-2011 03:23 PM

Lookin' great, Color me inpressed!

Masta_Skidz 04-09-2011 03:42 PM

These are amazing and I would love to get a set let us know if you are planning on tackling a laserbeak

Ozrein 04-09-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz (Post 329621)
These are amazing and I would love to get a set let us know if you are planning on tackling a laserbeak

Or a Ravage.

Either way these are definately pretty sweet! I'll probably pick up at least one.

Torque 04-09-2011 04:23 PM

Ordered!

protoform_ironhide 04-09-2011 04:58 PM

WOW!! This is SO AWESOME!

Echotransformer 04-09-2011 07:08 PM

Holy crap, not only am I amazed with what you've built, I'm so jazzed about Shapeways...thanks so much for sharing. I'm going to try and order a set!!!

Breakdown 04-09-2011 07:33 PM

Any pictures of the potential finishes?