Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Transformers Siege Voyager and Deluxe Released at Canadian Retail (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=74836)

down_shift 12-13-2018 04:28 PM

Transformers Siege Voyager and Deluxe Released at Canadian Retail

1 Attachment(s)
Big thanks to multiple board members for letting us know that Transformers: Siege Voyager and Deluxe wave 1 have been spotted at Walmarts across Canada. These sightings all report that the figures get their own cardboard display just outside of the regular toy aisle.

Voyager Wave 1 consists of both Optimus Prime and Megatron

Deluxe Wave 1 consists of Hound, Sideswipe, Cog, and Skytread.

Great news for fans who are going to tell themselves they are buying these figures for other as Christmas presents, but are totally buying them for themselves! Ha! (Me too everyone, me too)

Have you found these yet? Still looking? Check out the Canadian Transformers Sightings Forums!

Ultra Maverick 12-13-2018 08:28 PM

Re: Transformers Siege Voyager and Deluxe Released at Retail

Exciting news!

Not super psyched about keeping the higher prices, think i’ll Wait for a sale.... unless I spot the Leader Magnus

northren prime 12-13-2018 10:58 PM

anyone have an idea on the price for the deluxes and voyagers at wal mart?

TheSwipe95 12-13-2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northren prime (Post 776973)
anyone have an idea on the price for the deluxes and voyagers at wal mart?

Should be the same as the Studio Series: 29.97 deluxes, 39.97 voyagers, 69.97 leaders.

Vorahk 12-14-2018 09:45 AM

First sale at tru and ultra Magnus is mine!!

Audetnelson1 12-14-2018 10:22 AM

i ll go tonight at my local wal mart !! :)

Metrotitan 12-14-2018 03:44 PM

I thought it was bad enough when they were $20, but $33.60 with tax for a deluxe? Hasbro is smoking crack.

RNSrobot 12-14-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrotitan (Post 777031)
I thought it was bad enough when they were $20, but $33.60 with tax for a deluxe? Hasbro is smoking crack.

Why do you think they raised prices? They need more of that sweet, sweet crack-cocaine!

Collectingtoys 12-14-2018 11:22 PM

These raised prices definitely not deterring folks, they seem to be flying off the shelves at the Wal*Marts and Toys R Us stores here in the Greater Toronto Area.

Digibasherx 12-15-2018 02:19 AM

I can't believe how expensive these has been. Funny enough, most of the SS series has been on heavy discount on Amazon. Wonder if we'll see these go on heavy discount on Amazon too, I certainly need a few Cogs.

ssjgoku22 12-15-2018 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digibasherx (Post 777072)
I can't believe how expensive these has been. Funny enough, most of the SS series has been on heavy discount on Amazon. Wonder if we'll see these go on heavy discount on Amazon too, I certainly need a few Cogs.

I doubt it. If people are swallowing them off of shelves, they will never be discounted (similar to the deluxes for POTP). POTP is still pretty much full price on Amazon and in in-store retail.

Sun Swipe Prime 12-15-2018 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 (Post 777077)
I doubt it. If people are swallowing them off of shelves, they will never be discounted (similar to the deluxes for POTP). POTP is still pretty much full price on Amazon and in in-store retail.

Didn't the studio series fly off the shelves at first? I mean for a few months there, I never even saw a Grimlock or Blackout out in the wild. But now, they're everywhere.

ssjgoku22 12-15-2018 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime (Post 777081)
Didn't the studio series fly off the shelves at first? I mean for a few months there, I never even saw a Grimlock or Blackout out in the wild. But now, they're everywhere.

Other than Grimlock and Blackout, Studio Series is becoming pretty stale. POTP, on the other hand, is still extremely hard to find. Tons of people still don't have half their Dinobots or any of the Terracons. G1 stuff always sells better than movie stuff.

MapleMegatron 12-15-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vorahk (Post 776995)
First sale at tru and ultra Magnus is mine!!

But only deluxes and voyagers were spotted.

MapleMegatron 12-15-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 (Post 777082)
G1 stuff always sells better than movie stuff.

Come on man, Hasbro already stated that was not the case, offering proof:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_jAg_unxpl...ieToyStats.jpg

The reason you see less "G1" is because retailers worry they won't sell and thus order much less than movie product. Of course, when it comes to exclusives, a retailer is stuck getting everything Hasbro made, which explains all the shelfwarming G1 Hot Rod reissues no one is buying.

ssjgoku22 12-15-2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 777166)
Come on man, Hasbro already stated that was not the case, offering proof:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_jAg_unxpl...ieToyStats.jpg

The reason you see less "G1" is because retailers worry they won't sell and thus order much less than movie product. Of course, when it comes to exclusives, a retailer is stuck getting everything Hasbro made, which explains all the shelfwarming G1 Hot Rod reissues no one is buying.

Ok, my bad, should have been more clear with what I was trying to say. When I said G1, I didn't mean only the reissues or G1 MP's, I also meant the Transformers that resemble G1 that are included in the Universe and Generations lines as well (for example the G1 style of characters that were in Combiner Wars, Titans Return, and Power of the Primes). These lines always sell well because of their nostalgic designs (unlike the movie stuff). Even if retail stocked more of these figures, they would still sell better than anything from the movie line. The chart also does not include the data from the sales of the latest Transformers Generations lines (CW, TR, and POTP).

MapleMegatron 12-15-2018 10:23 PM

The chart includes CW and shows that toys did not sell as much that yeat compared to Age of Extinction.Also Hasbro stated that, in 2015, RID sold better than CW. We do not know if more G1 based items would sell if they stocked more because the they are not ordered as much, so we cant assume that. Also, are all those POTP leader Rodimus Primes toys sold out in your area? Because they are warming the shelves everywhere I go.

ssjgoku22 12-16-2018 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 777175)
The chart includes CW and shows that toys did not sell as much that yeat compared to Age of Extinction.Also Hasbro stated that, in 2015, RID sold better than CW. We do not know if more G1 based items would sell if they stocked more because the they are not ordered as much, so we cant assume that. Also, are all those POTP leader Rodimus Primes toys sold out in your area? Because they are warming the shelves everywhere I go.

Maybe it does depend on area. Rodimus isn't shelf-warming all that much here in Edmonton (there a few in stores like Walmart and TRU, and besides, that's one figure, what about the rest of the line). This data also seems subjective. RiD has been shelf-warming ever since from what I've seen (and it does not help that these figures never go on sale). When Combiner Wars were in retail, the majority of the deluxes and voyagers, aside from the Combaticons, were always in high demand. As for Age of Extinction, in some very rare cases, I still see some of those figures on clearance at Walmart. The TLK figures are probably the worst in terms of shelf-warming so far, literally clogging up valuable shelf space in every TRU.

Regardless of what the data says, by actually going into stores and seeing what's on the shelf, anything from the movie line is not selling as well as the main line (and from what I've noticed in Edmonton stores, this seems to have been true for at a least a few years now). This is from my point of view, maybe where you live it could be different (but I highly doubt that).

*Also, in terms of G1 inspired toys, I try to avoid putting lines like RiD and Cyberverse into the mix because those toys are definitely aimed more towards kids.

Zeusguy 12-16-2018 08:58 PM

First wave of new line shows up, everyone gobbles it up, people complain that they can't find it anywhere. More wave one shows up, everyone who complained find theirs and are satisfied. More wave one shows up, everyone complains that there's too much wave one product and no room for future waves. Isn't this pretty much par for the course with every toy line ever at this point? These will be everywhere soon enough, unless they've learned from how they used to do things.

QuadESL63 12-16-2018 10:09 PM

If you have the patience you can always wait for the TRU Hasbro Winter coupon in January (I think the chances of getting it again in ‘19 is pretty good). We always get plenty of the first 2 waves in any given year, esp. if you live in a major city center. Not so much for the last wave. For instance, I have never seen TR Ramhorn or PotP Nova Star in general retail and I hunt for these pretty often (I got both from amazon at the end... still try to find an extra Ramhorn at more or less reasonable price).

chaingunsofdoom 12-17-2018 02:33 PM

As I mentioned in the AB Sightings yesterday... my Sideswipe broke seconds after getting him out of the box:

https://imgur.com/a/rlm9r7v

Something to watch out for.

Also it appears every Megatron leg right ankle tilt is... broken? Like many reviews have shown, you can move the left one in and back OK, but for the right side you need a tiny screwdriver to pop the panel back properly.

Bountyan 12-18-2018 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom (Post 777281)
Also it appears every Megatron leg right ankle tilt is... broken? Like many reviews have shown, you can move the left one in and back OK, but for the right side you need a tiny screwdriver to pop the panel back properly.

My Megatron's right ankle is wonky too but I don't need a screwdriver. If I apply extra force than required for the left side it clicks back into place.

MapleMegatron 12-18-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bountyan (Post 777344)
My Megatron's right ankle is wonky too but I don't need a screwdriver. If I apply extra force than required for the left side it clicks back into place.

My bigger issue with him is that his head does not lock in robot mode.

ngnaw 12-18-2018 09:43 AM

So much for the justified $10 price increase...Bunch of BS. Broken right out of the package? Seriously garbage!

GotBot 12-18-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom (Post 777281)
As I mentioned in the AB Sightings yesterday... my Sideswipe broke seconds after getting him out of the box:

https://imgur.com/a/rlm9r7v

Something to watch out for.

Where did Sideswipe break? I can believe it.

Everyone is saying these figures are amazing. I got all of wave 1 yesterday and, just based on my very, very early initial thoughts, I find them a VERY mixed bag, at best.

Some ideas are cool, some succeed and some do not but I don't know why everyone keeps saying the articulation and plastic is "amazing". No it's not. The articulation is typical, nay for the bonus of an ankle tilt, I guess. Like, classics Hound or Siege Hound, both are fine, good, but neither is really better than the other, same with Classics or Siege Sideswipe. I like the Micromasters from the waist down but most of them are rubbish at the shoulders, especially Swindler.

Megatron has ankle tilts? Neither ankle moves on mine. The feet slide off super easy though.

I find the plastic feels pretty awful and I'm waiting for many things to break. I know I am the minority, but so far they feel really, really fragile to me.

Highlights for me have to be Cog and the target masters. Flywheels is okay, but he's no Battletrap! Prime and Megs - I hate the battle damaged look. Prime has a lot of small parts asking to crack off. I really, really need to spend more time with the voyagers, with all of them really.

I don't think I would be this hard on them if it wasn't for the price hike, if I'm being honest.

First impressions, you really don't need to rush out to buy these. They aren't THAT good. The line is....fine, alright, I just don't see why all the praise is being heaped on yet.

Collectingtoys 12-18-2018 09:55 AM

The $10 more, it went into the packaging which is quite nice.

Waiting until Christmas to open our Siege products with the children. Now I may have to adjust expectations.

oroboru 12-18-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collectingtoys (Post 777351)

Waiting until Christmas to open our Siege products with the children. Now I may have to adjust expectations.

The 10 bucks didn’t go into the packaging. It’s snaller than before, which cuts down on packaging and shipping costs. Pretty? Sure, but no way explains 10 increases across the board. It’s clearly a price hike because they can.

I’d be more likely to blame it on the acquisition of Power Rangers before crediting the packaging.

I haven’t opened my figures yet. Only got Cog and Hound. The rest of Wave one is coupon fodder.

chaingunsofdoom 12-18-2018 02:31 PM

SS broke on the piece of plastic that covers the arm pins that rotate the arms. It was in between the black and red pieces that move and left a small hole in car mode.

SS and Hound are the best of the first batch.

Cog is a parts-former that is fun for play value but not as good in either mode. Flywheels... same quality as Battletrap for me. Can he be connected in plane+tank mode like the old Duocon?

GotBot 12-18-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom (Post 777375)
SS broke on the piece of plastic that covers the arm pins that rotate the arms. It was in between the black and red pieces that move and left a small hole in car mode.

SS and Hound are the best of the first batch.

Cog is a parts-former that is fun for play value but not as good in either mode. Flywheels... same quality as Battletrap for me. Can he be connected in plane+tank mode like the old Duocon?

That's a huge shame about Sideswipe. See, I wasn't really impressed at all by Sideswipe or Hound. They just make me shrug. I don't think they are bad at all, but I don't think they were needed. I find Cog the hands down best. I love the versatility and I needed him. May be That's the difference, ya know? I needed 1 but didn't have any need to really replace the other 2 from their classics. I will say though that this Hound obliterated the CW one and this Sideswipe obliterated the FoC. As for Flywheels, he isn't bad either but doesn't like to tab as nicely as Battletrap. As yet, I have not seen a way to connect the 2 vehicles but I have had super limited tome with them yet. His joints feel the smoothest though.

MapleMegatron 12-18-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotBot (Post 777350)
Where did Sideswipe break? I can believe it.

Everyone is saying these figures are amazing. I got all of wave 1 yesterday and, just based on my very, very early initial thoughts, I find them a VERY mixed bag, at best.

I just fail to see how any of these deluxes are beter than Titans Return Misfire, for instance. Not to say they are bad at all, I just dont see how they are better than what we recently got, for much less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collectingtoys (Post 777351)

I think the packaging is nice to make you think these are more premium when they are not.

RNSrobot 12-18-2018 03:11 PM

You are a sucker if buy these at full retail price because you can't wait.

Marcotron 12-18-2018 03:21 PM

Old Slogan "The challenge is in the change"
New Slogan "The challenge is in finding an affordable price"

But on the subject of need vs want, the only figure of Siege that I need is 3X Reflectors. None of the other figures are "upgrades" of the ones I have already in my G1 display. Classics Hound looks just fine, and universe sideswipe/sunstreaker/red alert is still great. I don't need another voyager Prime or Megatron either. Basically, I'm waiting for April or June when wave 2 arrives.

MapleMegatron 12-18-2018 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 (Post 777186)
Regardless of what the data says, by actually going into stores and seeing what's on the shelf, anything from the movie line is not selling as well as the main line (and from what I've noticed in Edmonton stores, this seems to have been true for at a least a few years now). This is from my point of view, maybe where you live it could be different (but I highly doubt that).

You know, I get what you are saying. Yes, Generations toys sell out faster than movie toys. I cant deny that.
But because stores order so much less, I dont think thats enough to say they sell more. Stores usually stock more on toys that have a media tie in, like a film or a tv show, so Transformers lines about the films and Cyberverse (or RID) are stocked way more, and thats why we see them more often and in greater numbers than the Generations line. I mean, this year we have 2 seperate movie based lines, there must be quite a bit of demand for that or else Hasbro wouldnt make them.

ssjgoku22 12-18-2018 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 777438)
You know, I get what you are saying. Yes, Generations toys sell out faster than movie toys. I cant deny that.
But because stores order so much less, I dont think thats enough to say they sell more. Stores usually stock more on toys that have a media tie in, like a film or a tv show, so Transformers lines about the films and Cyberverse (or RID) are stocked way more, and thats why we see them more often and in greater numbers than the Generations line. I mean, this year we have 2 seperate movie based lines, there must be quite a bit of demand for that or else Hasbro wouldnt make them.

True, but too bad that overstock of movie figures doesn't equal sales for the store. For example, everyone picks up one movie fig, and the store, Walmart or TRU in this case, put 20 more of the same movie fig out again. It seems backwards because if you look at how much TLK and Studio series are piling up now, I don't think Hasbro is really understanding their own business strategy. Today I visited a TRU and at the front of the store was a massive Transformers display. The only figures they were advertising in the display were Bumblebee toys and Power of the Primes (which had already been picked through). They left Studio Series and TLK to hide in the aisle (which, as you probably would have guessed, were stocked to the brim). This is just the trend that I have been noticing in many stores.

GotBot 12-19-2018 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 777380)
I just fail to see how any of these deluxes are beter than Titans Return Misfire, for instance. Not to say they are bad at all, I just dont see how they are better than what we recently got, for much less.

I think the packaging is nice to make you think these are more premium when they are not.

Absolutely agree. They are good and fine, but not spectacularly better to warrant ten bucks more. I get some folks like the packaging and all but if it saved me ten bucks, pitch'em in a baggie like Value Village lol, I personally only recycle boxes anyway

Pascal 12-19-2018 08:37 AM

This thread is hilarious.

QuadESL63 12-19-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 777463)

Agreed!

Collectingtoys 12-19-2018 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 777463)

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuadESL63 (Post 777473)
Agreed!

Yup! Lots of passion about that $10 increase.

Alexander Quinn 12-19-2018 06:12 PM

I bought them on BOGO at TRU, so basically ended up paying the old prices anyway. I’m fine with that. But yeah, at full price, I don’t think there is a single NEED IT NOW! figure on the horizon for me.

ssjgoku22 12-20-2018 12:09 AM

For this wave so far, what do you guys think might be the shelf-warmer? My money's on Hound since everyone seems to be picking up the other figures and there's usually about 7 or 8 Hounds leftover. For this new line so far, my plan is to only buy the figures that I want (or the hard to find ones) and wait for the shelf-warmers to get discounted. So far I picked up Prime, Megs, and Sideswipe, and left behind Hound and Skytread (I haven't got my hands on Cog yet).