Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   15 Years Ago - TRU Commemorative Series (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=67311)

DCompose 02-03-2017 06:08 PM

15 Years Ago - TRU Commemorative Series

I was on an old HD looking through pics and I found these and I thought I would share.

This was from back in 2002, when the Transformers Commemorative Series was in full swing at TRU.

Hard to believe it's already been 15 Years!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dz8crde1e...z3R-PRR_a?dl=0

Poflymn 02-03-2017 06:21 PM

Re: 15 Years Ago - TRU Commemorative Series

Man I wish I had gotten into collecting back then...

Echotransformer 02-03-2017 06:35 PM

It's so funny, I remember when I first saw them in stores I thought "wow, those prices are pretty high, hopefully they go on sale" and only bought a few of them. I didn't like some of the changes to the weapons--size, no chrome, etc. That said, over time I did go on to get most of them and TBH a fair amount of my G1s are actually reissues because they are so minty fresh!

Looking back, I am so glad they did reissue so many of them at once. It seems like it's been a while since we've gotten a reissue that hasn't been done before (well maybe to some extent the coneheads, but it's usually Blaster, Insecticons, over and over again)...can I say I miss Encore???

What is it, 20 years and then the reissues officially become vintage? lolzzzz

Akroyer 02-03-2017 06:39 PM

Cool, I can vaguely remember seeing those at the time. But I wasn't collecting or paying much attention to TF at the time.

Ironwave 02-03-2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCompose (Post 721604)
I was on an old HD looking through pics and I found these and I thought I would share.

This was from back in 2002, when the Transformers Commemorative Series was in full swing at TRU.

Hard to believe it's already been 15 Years!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dz8crde1e...z3R-PRR_a?dl=0

Man what did I miss????

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poflymn (Post 721607)
Man I wish I had gotten into collecting back then...

Same here bro! But at that time, I totally forgot about Transformers

Quote:

It's so funny, I remember when I first saw them in stores I thought "wow, those prices are pretty high, hopefully they go on sale" and only bought a few of them. I didn't like some of the changes to the weapons--size, no chrome, etc. That said, over time I did go on to get most of them and TBH a fair amount of my G1s are actually reissues because they are so minty fresh!

Looking back, I am so glad they did reissue so many of them at once. It seems like it's been a while since we've gotten a reissue that hasn't been done before (well maybe to some extent the coneheads, but it's usually Blaster, Insecticons, over and over again)...can I say I miss Encore???

What is it, 20 years and then the reissues officially become vintage? lolzzzz
That or they will reissue the MP-11's as vintage and jack up the prices :lol

Sun Swipe Prime 02-03-2017 08:12 PM

Was going to school back then and had to pass on most of those. Sigh.

optimusb39 02-03-2017 08:34 PM

I kisy tember seeing the reissues and going wow! I don't remember them being this blocky and clunky. Keep in mind I was already into beaat wars and the original robots on disguise and loved the posability.

elburrito 02-03-2017 09:00 PM

"kisy tember" huh? who is feeding spell check databases (databii?) these days?

Quote:

Originally Posted by optimusb39 (Post 721626)
I kisy tember seeing the reissues and going wow! I don't remember them being this blocky and clunky. Keep in mind I was already into beaat wars and the original robots on disguise and loved the posability.

BoNKerS 02-03-2017 09:18 PM

Fantastic share!!! Loved seeing all that inventory Lololol

optimusb39 02-03-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elburrito (Post 721628)
"kisy tember" huh? who is feeding spell check databases (databii?) these days?

I don't know... But it pisses me off when I'm typing and look up and then have to redo everything because the phone is changing everything to pig Latin... Really sucks when I'm texting the boss ( boss boss- not the wife boss):mad: