Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Customs and Artwork (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Repaints & Minor Mods TF Prime ULTRA MAGNUS (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=46271)

Mega-Prime 316 04-01-2013 12:38 PM

TF Prime ULTRA MAGNUS

17 Attachment(s)
Hey guys!
After I bought BH Prime I got him home and was playing around with him and I felt there was just something off about him. I couldn't put a finger on any one thing except maybe the open face plate. Then it struck me. He looked more like Ultra Magnus then Optimus.

I removed the horns off the front bumper and his chest and gave him a repaint. Also took his blasters and shoulder armor and put magnets in each so they can connect. I broke him down into parts and gave him a coat of primer and then totally repainted him using spray paints and acrylics that were hand painted. I was trying to stay as close to G1 coloring as I could with this mold, and I am quite pleased at the results.

I also custom built a hammer for him to carry into battle!

Well on to the show!:primelaugh:

Rodimus Prime1 04-01-2013 03:20 PM

Re: TF Prime ULTRA MAGNUS

Looks Great, neet to see another slightly different version. Paint looks great what did you use?

Anyway awesome job

chans formers 04-01-2013 10:50 PM

this came out very clean and boss!!
though if i can nit pick,his upper chest seems to need a bit more red/blue.
other than that,the general color scheme you cooked up fits this mold extremely well.

Mega-Prime 316 04-02-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime1 (Post 498968)
Looks Great, neet to see another slightly different version. Paint looks great what did you use?

Anyway awesome job

Hey man! Thanks for the comments!
As for paint I used Krylon spray, primer, brilliant silver, blue, and white. Acrylics were mostly Testors and the Warhammer paint from the comic shop.

Mega-Prime 316 04-02-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chans formers (Post 499064)
this came out very clean and boss!!
though if i can nit pick,his upper chest seems to need a bit more red/blue.
other than that,the general color scheme you cooked up fits this mold extremely well.

Hey man! I regard your work here as top shelf stuff, so to get a compliment from you means alot! :D
As for the chest, I was looking at that color scheme aswell, but to add more red and blue to the upper chest would take away from the over all look of the truck mode.

wervenom 04-02-2013 10:43 AM

Very Nice job

Rodimus Prime1 04-02-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 (Post 498930)
Hey guys!
After I bought BH Prime I got him home and was playing around with him and I felt there was just something off about him. I couldn't put a finger on any one thing except maybe the open face plate. Then it struck me. He looked more like Ultra Magnus then Optimus.

I forgot to mention this too, but I totally agree with you. When I got mine and looked at it, especially the head, the mold screams Ultra Magnus. I think they should have used this for Magnus and left OP in the goosneck truck form

Anywaay I myself love this color mode in Vehicle Mode, I know what Chans is saying about the color in robot mode, but the all white in vehicle mode is closer to the G1.

Unfotunatley with this mold because of the way it transforms if you go all white in vehicle then the Robot mode suffers, I went for more red in robot mode but lost the white in vehicle.

Thats why I optied for the FOC concept matched the color a little closer.

Anyways as I said before looks great.