Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Toronto Maple Leafs Goalie James Reimer adopts "Optimus Reim" nickname and design (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=30436)

Cheers Ian 03-31-2011 10:11 AM

Toronto Maple Leafs Goalie James Reimer adopts "Optimus Reim" nickname and design

1 Attachment(s)
In a cool bit of news courtesy of soundwaveCA, the Globe and Mail has posted an article on how the Toronto Maple Leafs newest goalie James Reimer has taken to the "Optimus Reim" nickname and has even gone as far as placing the logo on his Goalie mask.

Check it out here.

Metroplex79 03-31-2011 10:14 AM

Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Goalie James Reimer adopts "Optimus Reim" nickname and design

:eek:

:clapping:

That's awesome!!!

Awaits to see who else will jump on the Transformers train.

To make it more awesome, they should play "The Touch" after every home win. :D

Crobot91 03-31-2011 10:21 AM

Re: Toronto Maple Leafs Goalie James Reimer adopts "Optimus Reim" nickname and design

The difference is that this new version of 'Optimus' is forever on a losing team, lol...

Pascal 03-31-2011 10:22 AM

Awesome, I almost want to be a Leafs fan now. :p

Cheers Ian 03-31-2011 10:33 AM

The funny thing is, I just got this T-shirt on Tuesday!

Omega.Prime 03-31-2011 10:34 AM

Nice! That will get alot of Transfomers exposure out there too... Anyone gonna buy a shirt? LOL

http://puckinghilarious.spreadshirt....reim-I11028128

Not a Leafs fan but I hope he keeps doing well, can't wait to see what his helmet art will be next year :D

Mike 03-31-2011 10:42 AM

Too bad he's a crappy goalie XD poor leafs, just can't quite get there, this year!! At least they aren't doing as bad as my favorite team though, the senators.. them and Edmonton are a big dissapointment this year.

Anyways, back on topic, I love the logo, looks pretty cool!!

down_shift 03-31-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 327156)
Awesome, I almost want to be a Leafs fan now. :p

Ha ha old news, but still cool.

Don't get me wrong you Habs fans make me wanna wretch but don't you ever jump on that sinking ship!

He needs to sharpen his game a bit but he'll be good one day, and hopefully by that time he'll be a part of my Bruins.

Pascal 03-31-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by down_shift (Post 327164)
Don't get me wrong you Habs fans make me wanna wretch but don't you ever jump on that sinking ship!

I cheer for the Bruins this year, not the Habs! Tim Thomas is the man. He's like a reborn version of Kelly Hrudey, only better.

UltraMarknus 03-31-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crobot91 (Post 327155)
The difference is that this new version of 'Optimus' is forever on a losing team, lol...

FYI Toronto has a winning record...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 327162)
Too bad he's a crappy goalie XD poor leafs, just can't quite get there, this year!! At least they aren't doing as bad as my favorite team though, the senators.. them and Edmonton are a big dissapointment this year.

Anyways, back on topic, I love the logo, looks pretty cool!!

FYI Optimus Reim is having a pretty damn good year so I'm not sure what this "crappy goalie" comment is all about....ooohhh...Senators fan...yyeeaaa nevermind, I think that disqualifies you from being considered knowledgable about Hockey whatsoever :p

T-SHIRT BOUGHT!!!!

EDIT: Went with the hoodie...I can't believe I just spent $44 on a hoodie LOL!