Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TRU Price increase Voyagers and Leaders Generations Line (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72956)

ngnaw 06-27-2018 05:58 PM

TRU Price increase Voyagers and Leaders Generations Line

Well I called in to a customer service rep and he wasn't willing to give any answers. I did bring up the social media thing and if it was the only way to get some answers about the price increase. It may have occured across other brands not sure yet. He said it could be a Hasbro pricing partnership with TRU was soured or it was just an upper management decision and they don't discuss that. I then told him that we the consumers were trying to support TRU Canada but if the prices at Walmart were better then guess where we will be going... He again said he couldn't discuss it over the phone. I think we should all call and do some digging.

Voyagers are now $39.99 and Leaders are now $69.99. Walmart Canada did increase their Leaders from $54.97 to $59.97... Do you think it's due to the tariffs war with the USA? Did anyone else notice any other increases on any other lines? SS?

Mikformer 06-27-2018 06:30 PM

Re: TRU Price increase Voyagers and Leaders Generations Line

$70 for an consumer grade action figure. That is utterly nuts. either Hasbro or TRU has gone insane. (not to mention their nerf stuff is also insanely priced). Would it be cheaper to import from the States or even japan?

I get some premium collectors type stuff can be high priced, but mass produced plastic at this price is driving people away (like me).

Good thing this season is mostly monsters and dinosaurs which I don't like, so i don't have a large urge to purchase this year. I am just worried about the future.

xueyue2 06-27-2018 06:44 PM

3rd party toys just seems more affordable now.

Alexander Quinn 06-27-2018 07:27 PM

I do like good ol TRU, but yeah. I buy from either whoever gets it first (if I NEED it) or whoever has it cheapest. TRU is rarely ever first, so if they can’t manage to keep their prices in check the new owners can follow the old into bankruptcy.

TriBlurr 06-27-2018 07:45 PM

I don't even have access to a TRU outside of the online store so meh.

Oreobuilder 06-27-2018 07:56 PM

Posted this in the Quebec thread, but here is one theory.

With its US and international buying power gone, Toys R Us is just a small Canadian retailer now. It may no longer have access to Hasbro's wholesale price that Wal-Mart receives. Just a theory.

OB

justprime 06-27-2018 07:58 PM

Less product ( in both quality and quantity )
..higher prices i would blame both hasbro ,toysrus ,walmart etc ..at a time when both vendors should/ need to be consumer friendly they really are trying to grab it all and this will prove to be an error with the transformers line and possibly other lines... consumers are being squeezed by the every day expences.... toys shouldnt become out of reach either by quantity or price

Pascal 06-27-2018 08:30 PM

... but toys are often on sale and most of you guys stack coupons on top of sales anyway. Unless you're hoping to get your toys for free, I'm not sure what you're complaining about...

Zeusguy 06-27-2018 08:40 PM

Wow, when did this happen?

ssjgoku22 06-27-2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 763557)
... but toys are often on sale and most of you guys stack coupons on top of sales anyway. Unless you're hoping to get your toys for free, I'm not sure what you're complaining about...

I agree with you here. The amount of sales that TRU has doesn't really make this a major problem. The movie and Studio series Voyager and Leader figures were all $39.99 and $69.99 respectively. This will also put a dent into scalpers that go into the stores and purchase 3 or more of the same figs in order to sell them at ridiculous prices.