Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best way to sell entire collection ? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77835)

tz101 10-08-2019 01:43 PM

Best way to sell entire collection ?

What is the best and most efficient way to sell off ones entire collection ? Ebay, Instagram ? TIA

wervenom 10-08-2019 01:50 PM

Re: Best way to sell entire collection ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tz101 (Post 798339)
What is the best and most efficient way to sell off ones entire collection ? Ebay, Instagram ? TIA

Whatever you have the patience for. There are many channels to go through to do that and also depends what you expect to get back for it. ebay has fees, you have to ship. posting here you would probably have to ship, Kijiji and Craig's list you can have picked up but limits your range of people. FB marketplace is another avenue. It's really a matter of choice

tz101 10-08-2019 02:12 PM

I have quite a few large items ie all of the titans, lots of masterpiece and alot of generations figures I am in no rush just want to get the best value thanks

wervenom 10-08-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tz101 (Post 798342)
I have quite a few large items ie all of the titans, lots of masterpiece and alot of generations figures I am in no rush just want to get the best value thanks

eBay. Pay the 10% but no headaches of offers. Just let it do the work

tz101 10-08-2019 03:17 PM

thanks wervenom ill get it all set up

OldOfflineMan 10-08-2019 03:24 PM

I agree with Wervenom..
- Cybertron.ca / TFW2005.com are great places to buy, rather than to sell, because everyone on the boards usually have most of what they want.
- Kijiji / Craigslist is great because there are no fees, but you deal with lots of BS (no shows, excessive bargaining). I'm based in Toronto but do get offers from people as far as Newfoundland and Vancouver and they pay via e-Transfer up front.
- Ebay opens you up to the US and overseas markets, especially Asia and Australia (if you're willing to deal with package forwarders). Those people pay top dollar for North American releases. Fees can be up to 20% of selling price (eBay + tax + Paypal), but there are times when eBay caps their fees to $2.26, which is great.

MitchPoer 10-08-2019 05:08 PM

Renting a dealer table at a local con is also a great way to do it

omegacanuck 10-08-2019 06:23 PM

There are Transformers dealers who may be interested in taking the whole lot off your hands in one big chunk. This is the quickest and easiest way. You get more doing the work yourself and selling off individually, but if you want to do a quick exit, that's something to consider.

tz101 10-08-2019 06:54 PM

i would be interested in having a dealer do it but i dont wanna take a huge loss do you know any i can contact ?

OldOfflineMan 10-08-2019 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tz101 (Post 798374)
i would be interested in having a dealer do it but i dont wanna take a huge loss do you know any i can contact ?

Back in '09 when I didn't know any better, I sold off my entire G1 collection to a dealer in one shot. Found out later he was giving me about 40c-50c on the dollar, but was reasonable given them taking the risk of an internet deal where pictures can't tell the whole story.