Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Are you going to buy the new TRU MP-10 reissue? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=69348)

canprime 07-13-2017 01:03 PM

Are you going to buy the new TRU MP-10 reissue?

As the title says.

I am interested, but not at full price. I already have one and don't need another unless the price is cheaper than $230 + tax.

How about you guys?

DuG 07-13-2017 01:13 PM

Re: Are you going to buy the new TRU MP-10 reissue?

Thanks for posting this canprime! I think the results will help answer some questions I have regarding the sale of this item.

Transbot90210 07-13-2017 01:14 PM

No way will I buy it. The first release was like $130 and I bought that on a 30% off sale. Not looking to spend over double for the same toy that is now being made with a completely paid off mould.

This is one last cash grab before V3.0 just wait for that.

RocketGTR 07-13-2017 04:00 PM

I have the original release, MP-10B, YOTH version and my wife owns the Takara colour scheme. I think I'll pass ;)

Plus if it's like the Grimlock reissue, there will be thin plastic all around!

steamwhistle 07-13-2017 04:15 PM

Not likely, but if the sale is good enough (at least 40% off), and I feel like I have extra $$ (which is also unlikely), then maybe.

I already have one from the 1st release (2012) for myself, and a YOTH which my toddler somehow stole from me :D, so that's enough. For $200+, I'd rather get something else -- like Delta Magnus for my boy, or work on completing my G1 collection.

79transam 07-13-2017 04:21 PM

I alreay have the Takara version from a few years back. It was around the same price as this. I thought it was overpriced and bought it anyway because it's the flagship MP.
That being said, I have MP fatigue. I don't get excited for them anymore. I have a hefty lineup of season 1 MP stuff, just a few carbots, Skywarp, Insecticons and Reflector to go and Season 1 is complete.
My goal used to be seasons 1,2 and Movie. But the pricing has taken the fun out of it. I scaled back my goal to season 1. From there I'm only going to casually collect random ones that I really like.
The obvious greed shown by these companies took the fun out of it for me. It made me begin to resent buying them. And that isn't why I do this.
But it's been fun exploring other collectibles that don't cost so much. Been grabbing more Legends and Black Series and enjoying it a lot. Neca Predators and Aliens too.
Takara chased me off

Deception 07-13-2017 04:35 PM

i have takara version , ko mp10v and getting reissue mp10b. i'm good for this mold. i have other toys i'd rather buy especially for the price they're asking.

wervenom 07-13-2017 04:35 PM

Not a snowballs chance...

Tekkamanraiden 07-13-2017 04:39 PM

Probably not considering the distribution of MP in the London and area.

Deception 07-13-2017 04:39 PM

so far looks like a shelfwarmer! lmao jk im sure all the scalpers will buy it and charge 300+