Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Advice For Selling Collections (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=56406)

Jonnydark 11-08-2014 09:23 PM

Advice For Selling Collections

Hi Everyone.

I've come to a point where I'd prefer a Cintiq (Or cintiq like device) more than my collection of Transformers.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on unloading lots of tfs. Is ebay the way to go? What problems and risks are involved? Would Kijiji be better? Or should I sell through Cybertron.ca or another forum?

What sort of things should I keep in mind sending things through the mail?

Thanks!

Jonathan

Bruticus82 11-08-2014 10:00 PM

Re: Advice For Selling Collections

Popular rare tfs will sell, common (i.e. movie line, generations) will not unless you lower the prices substantially.

Shipping in Canada is expensive. Try and deal local.

No easy way to sell all at once unfortunately.

Best is probably try on the boards, or kijiji (be careful meet in public places). Ebay fees are too high.

If you just want to get rid of them fast, price them very cheaply.

Akroyer 11-08-2014 10:01 PM

I'm going to say the forums. But it's not easy, and it's time consuming. I've been working on downsizing my collection for a couple years now. And I tried eBay and headache barely describes it.

My vote is to work the forums, and it will take some work and time to do and a healthy dose of patience but it'll get done.

Good luck!

Jonnydark 11-08-2014 11:03 PM

What about dealers/online stores that say they buy collections?

Bruticus82 11-08-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonnydark (Post 609176)
What about dealers/online stores that say they buy collections?

Well, they will buy them, but they will give you a very low percentage of what they are worth, because they want to resell them for profit.

So they might, for example, give you 60% of what you could get if you try and sell them yourself.

That said, it gets them out of your hair all at once.

brr-icy 11-08-2014 11:54 PM

facebook groups move a lot of them as well as the forums, you gotta be willing to deal though.

QuadESL63 11-09-2014 03:52 AM

Consider renting a table at conventions and expo's like TFCon, etc. I have trimmed down my collection of GI Joes and TFs (M. Bay movies toys). Unless the stuffs you want to sell is rare you will have to price them low esp. if they are not MISB to get it going. You will loose money at the end (low pricing on the stuffs, rent, etc.) but you don't have the headache of dealing with individuals one by one.