Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   3rd Party Transformers Animated (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=46775)

FEZaid 04-27-2013 02:15 PM

3rd Party Transformers Animated

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...cement-ttt.jpgHi all,

There has been news of this back during February of this year (Click Here for original reference), I don't know why this hasn't been reported as news yet, but Mech iDeas [The creators of Apex(Not-Topspin) and Geminus(Not-Twin Twist)] is making "Techno Toon Titans", which is a line based off of TFA.

So far we have this image of Bluster and Trench (Not-Huffer and Not-Pipes) in the Super Mario Bros. background.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...sterteaser.jpg
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/...ted_Huffer.jpghttp://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/...esAnimated.jpg

Transbot90210 04-27-2013 02:22 PM

Re: 3rd Party Transformers Animated

Ya they put out 16 pieces of a puzzle that reveals the Alt and Bot mode for Huffer and Pipes.

They are hidden anywhere and everywhere that Mech Ideas is talked about. I mean anywhere, that pic above was found in TJ's Tweet.

Over at the TFW MI Animated thread we have accumulated 8 pieces out of 16 so far. Happy hunting :)

I will share my fav puzzle piece so far ebcause it shows how different in height the two are :)
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps929d4f72.jpg

FEZaid 04-27-2013 02:24 PM

^Thanks for providing the info

EDIT: Over TFW2005, so far they have collected this image http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...cement-pzl.jpg

down_shift 04-27-2013 02:33 PM

Meh, animated has ran its course in my heart.

Jove 04-27-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by down_shift (Post 504653)
Meh, animated has ran its course in my heart.

I never liked it in the first place. I know that I am in the minority on this, so I usually keep quiet about my heresy.

GMfan 04-27-2013 05:12 PM

I'm looking forward to this. Animated had some awesome characters in those almanacs and even on the show that never got toys.

Crobot91 04-27-2013 06:14 PM

Animated Brawn needs a toy the most IMO. Animated Tracks and Cyclonus would be nice too.

We can only dream about an Animated Omega Supreme...

TMIIWonkoNemises 04-27-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMfan (Post 504663)
I'm looking forward to this. Animated had some awesome characters in those almanacs and even on the show that never got toys.

Animated Botanica....

...I'm being serious.

venksta 04-27-2013 08:04 PM

I feel 3rd party animated toys are super risky for any group. Especially for characters that had barely any screen time in the show. I think these two appeared as background characters at the most? It probably would of been a safer pick to go with a character who didn't get a toy, but had a lot of screen time. Like one of the constructions.

razin 04-27-2013 08:33 PM

Definitely excited to see where this goes, love Animated.

UltraPrimal 04-27-2013 08:58 PM

If they were really smart, they'd do an Animated pre-Earth Bumblebee mold. How many different versions of that of that body type appeared in the show?
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/...ebeebodies.jpg
Oh right. That's how many. I just hope if they do do a Bumblebee mold, it's a heck of a lot better than iGears's.

Protoman 04-27-2013 10:47 PM

I dig it. As a hardcore gamer AND lover of my robits

brr-icy 04-27-2013 11:00 PM

mario/tf crossover will sell i think, i'll be getting two sets lol

shazam 04-28-2013 10:58 PM

I'd buy animated anything that was new. I'm still bitter about the show being cancelled...its why I can't get into TF Prime. :)

Undrave 04-29-2013 12:06 AM

I'll support it because it's getting out of G1's ass for a change.

Though I wasn't all that impressed by Geminus and Apex :/ hopefully these guys will be more interesting.

I hope they eventually make a Glyph!

Dragon Knight 04-29-2013 12:18 AM

Who was suppose to do that Animated Power Master Prime we saw?

FEZaid 04-29-2013 12:29 AM

A company called Xovergen.

Badgertron 04-29-2013 03:53 AM

Sweet, I hope this picks up & brings Animated fans more toys to get excited about! Also, maybe someone will want my Botcon set, then...

-BT

justprime 04-29-2013 06:38 AM

They produce em i'll buy em always liked animated

Sureshot22 04-29-2013 06:43 AM

I loved animated but thinkng about this. I think I'm over animated. Haven't displayed any of them or wanted to take them out of storage in years. *shrugs* who knows. Maybe if they are really cool.

venksta 04-29-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FEZaid (Post 504850)
A company called Xovergen.

And G1Uppers.

DecepticonusPrime 04-29-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venksta (Post 504676)
I feel 3rd party animated toys are super risky for any group. Especially for characters that had barely any screen time in the show. I think these two appeared as background characters at the most? It probably would of been a safer pick to go with a character who didn't get a toy, but had a lot of screen time. Like one of the constructions.

But there's potentially a much larger market if they can get the gaming/Super Mario fans onboard...

JLvatron 04-29-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises (Post 504669)
Animated Botanica....

...I'm being serious.

I didn't like Animated that much, but I'd definitely get a Botanica. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DecepticonusPrime (Post 504891)
But there's potentially a much larger market if they can get the gaming/Super Mario fans onboard...

At BotCon 2008 there was a guy dressed up as Mario.
Really, he looked great!

FEZaid 04-30-2013 07:54 PM

Here is a full 3D render of the figures.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...cement-ttt.jpg

razin 04-30-2013 08:02 PM

Alt modes I dig, bot modes, meh.

UltraPrimal 04-30-2013 09:10 PM

I think I'd be interest in these if they repainted them like Mario and Luigi.

brr-icy 04-30-2013 10:58 PM

looks good to me, seeing as they are double homages

FEZaid 02-01-2014 03:51 PM

There has been an update posted about the design:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...ment-parts.jpg

shazam 02-02-2014 11:42 PM

I'll get these...but I hope their faces aren't just painted on and in fact have some depth / structure to them.

Hellboy 02-03-2014 12:19 AM

I loved Animated but I will say those two characters, specifically, were the least favourite of mine... I found them racially and stereotypically distasteful and I'm someone who doesn't usually give a crap.

We need a decent Sari figure though.

Robimus 02-03-2014 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMfan (Post 504663)

This.

If they do a Tux toy I'm sold for sure.

Transbot90210 02-03-2014 12:22 PM

I am really cheering for this line to be a winner. We have a ton of on screen characters that still need to be made and then another ton from the Almanacs.

I was heart broken when the line was cancelled and we were literally a year away from an Omega Supreme toy and a combining Devastator. If and when MI get this ball rolling I will do my part in getting us Animated fans those missing must have figures.

Shockwave 75 02-03-2014 12:38 PM

These look cool, but I hope they don't cost an arm and a leg. I also hope that they keep to the Animated size scale. IMO, these two should be deluxe sized, no larger.

And I'm not sure how much appeal these will have to gamers who aren't already TF fans. Maybe they might like them, but I doubt any non TF fan gamer would give a crap about a Wasp figure.

I'd love for them to just up-size the voyager Bulkhead to leader size, since I like the voyager much more than the leader we got. They could even eliminate the auto transform gimmick I wouldn't care.

But above all else, just make these affordable. At a deluxe scale, I think any more than $30 each would be excessive.

Pascal 02-03-2014 12:39 PM

I think it's a very risky move. The Animated style is very hard to replicate in toy form. If these end up looking off (initial renders were so-so), that will kill the line.

Transbot90210 02-03-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 (Post 557459)
These look cool, but I hope they don't cost an arm and a leg. I also hope that they keep to the Animated size scale. IMO, these two should be deluxe sized, no larger.

And I'm not sure how much appeal these will have to gamers who aren't already TF fans. Maybe they might like them, but I doubt any non TF fan gamer would give a crap about a Wasp figure.

I'd love for them to just up-size the voyager Bulkhead to leader size, since I like the voyager much more than the leader we got. They could even eliminate the auto transform gimmick I wouldn't care.

But above all else, just make these affordable. At a deluxe scale, I think any more than $30 each would be excessive.

1. Mech Ideas is all about cutting out all the extra and finding ways to lower costs so to put out figures at the lowest price possible. They started this with the Demolition Crue and IIRC will continue forward on this.

2. The gaming market is only for the Mario and Luigi repaints which someone pointed out can also be Wario and Waluigi. I think this is a smart move because if they started with Bumblee and all those remoulds the line would not be fresh. This is a fresh way to start off with the ability to repaint.

3. IIRC scale was mentioned as being very important to this line so you shouldn't worry about it too much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 557460)
I think it's a very risky move. The Animated style is very hard to replicate in toy form. If these end up looking off (initial renders were so-so), that will kill the line.

Animated is a line that will be extremely hard to replicate due to its very unique look and feel. If MI hit it, and I think they will, they are in for a long line of Animated figures. :) Let us get to Omega Supreme people. :)

justprime 02-03-2014 01:48 PM

I think along a different line here these toys and there desing's were built around toy MFG as per the original line and lend themselves to this Hasbro had already produced several pieces and upcomming desings(perceptor among others plus repaints) when they decide to pull the plug ,there are enough photos and drawing to considerably help out third party with there desingers for this task,....as for product ..there is still a strong following for animated (partly due to its early demise and the way it left a bad impression on the fans thats stuck ) and as such these figures won't have a problem selling if there in the right price bracket and not skimped on for quality.

Rodimus Prime1 02-03-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venksta (Post 504676)

Yes. I would agree, If they did a combiner with the constructicons, I'm pretty sure it would be a home run.

Transbot90210 02-03-2014 03:18 PM

I think many people are missing the finer details of this project which is why people are contesting the picks for a starter characters.

This is all info that I recall so some of it may be off, but this is the way I understand it.

The Animated line is one being fought for by some fans of the line that work with in a company. These fans do not have the funds to move forward and thus need to convince investors (company owner?) to go into this line. The investors (company owner?) is not too thrilled with supporting this line believing that it does not have the numbers to sell. To sweeten the pot the fans went with a fresh new mould that has repaint potential and appeal to other fans (gamers).

I am sure these guys would love to start with Devastator or Omega Supreme but the money/investment is not there yet. This is going to be a journey and one that will only be successful if the fandom gets behind it.

Shockwave 75 02-03-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transbot90210 (Post 557478)
The Animated line is one being fought for by some fans of the line that work with in a company. These fans do not have the funds to move forward and thus need to convince investors (company owner?) to go into this line. The investors (company owner?) is not too thrilled with supporting this line believing that it does not have the numbers to sell. To sweeten the pot the fans went with a fresh new mould that has repaint potential and appeal to other fans (gamers).

I am sure these guys would love to start with Devastator or Omega Supreme but the money/investment is not there yet. This is going to be a journey and one that will only be successful if the fandom gets behind it.

I get that, and the repaint potential for these two makes sense.

Frankly, starting out with a larger figure like Omega would be far riskier than Huffer and Pipes, seeing as how much larger and therefore expensive it would be

Whet people's appetite with a few smaller, more affordable figures and they might stick around when the larger more expensive ones come around.

I think the Animated Decepticons need more filling out.
I wonder what the feasability would be to get the rest of the Starscream clones would be? And might they make a whole new mold for them or just copy the existing one (excluding Slipstream who needs her own mold).

Slave 02-03-2014 06:43 PM

SERIOUSLY you guys... I CANNOT be the ONLY ONE that sees THIS when I look at them:

http://i.imgur.com/txl0ZwJ.jpg