Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   cleanig my toys (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=57165)

Ironwave 01-03-2015 10:54 AM

cleanig my toys

Ok I post this thread on TFW2005 and a lot of members were either ignorant or plain idiots. Some tell me put them in the Dishwasher others tell me take a garden hose other say leave the dust on, it's called battle dusted edition. Really people how stupid can you guys be?

Anyways here is my question;

I was cleaning my yesterday today and as I was dusting my room, I had noticed that my TF Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime has dust on him. How do I clean him and remove the dust easily, since he is fragile and his chest unlocks easily. What do you guys use to clean your Transformers toys? Is Pledge a good or I should I use Windex better or even I use damped cloth.

Any advise?

Megatron75 01-03-2015 11:32 AM

Re: cleanig my toys

I wouldn't use any cleaning solvents. Just a take some time and use a soft dry cloth and possibly Q-Tips for the hard-to-reach places.

Rev 01-03-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironwave (Post 617318)
Ok I post this thread on TFW2005 and a lot of members were either ignorant or plain idiots. Some tell me put them in the Dishwasher others tell me take a garden hose other say leave the dust on, it's called battle dusted edition. Really people how stupid can you guys be?

Anyways here is my question;

I was cleaning my yesterday today and as I was dusting my room, I had noticed that my TF Prime Weaponizer Optimus Prime has dust on him. How do I clean him and remove the dust easily, since he is fragile and his chest unlocks easily. What do you guys use to clean your Transformers toys? Is Pledge a good or I should I use Windex better or even I use damped cloth.

Any advise?

Dude, those guys were kidding around.

I won't repost here what I said there.

xueyue2 01-03-2015 12:16 PM

2 ways.
1) Use a small painting brush
2) Use a computer compressed duster

chans formers 01-03-2015 12:32 PM

i use a soft bristled shaving brush,the kind you use to work up a lather with the foam.that and a can of compressed air(usually used for blowing out computers/keyboards/etc).

i'll only wash them with sunlight dishsoap and a toothbrush as a last resort or if they are used like from value village or something like that and i don't know what's on the bot or hidden in the crevices.

Nullray 01-03-2015 12:34 PM

Hit the cosmetic section of SDM and get one of those blush applicator brushes. They are very fine and wont scratch the surfaces. Another option would be a camera lens brush which is pretty much the same thing. I also use compressed air. If you have a account with Costco you can buy a bulk set that would last awhile.

AutobotCBL01 01-03-2015 12:46 PM

I know its super simple but all I use is a duster.

Masta_Skidz 01-03-2015 12:58 PM

I use a microfiber cloth the really soft ones the seem to pick the dust up well and not leave streaks or damage the plastics as paper towel can I also use the make-up/shaving brushes as well to get the tight corners and the small areas where a cloth cannot reach. I don't use swiffer duster or it's knock-offs I used to but then I notice it leaving streaks and a bit of a film on the figures

Soundwaves 01-03-2015 01:17 PM

Swiffer.

elburrito 01-03-2015 02:04 PM

I usually lick the toys clean. Just kidding. Couldn't resist and you've already got a bunch of great ideas. Will you link to the TFW discussion?