Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Beast Wars pricing in the 90's? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=38975)

purple-bot 03-19-2012 02:03 PM

Re: Beast Wars pricing in the 90's?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturn (Post 417704)
Basic - some dollars
Deluxe - A buncha dollars
Mega - A whole buncha dollars
Ultra - All the dollars

That toonie a week allowance didn't get ya very far

:rofl:

Protoman 03-19-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturn (Post 417704)
F-f-foreshadowing

Well being the green lil whelp I was when Beast Wars started I can tell ya the prices I remembered

Basic - some dollars
Deluxe - A buncha dollars
Mega - A whole buncha dollars
Ultra - All the dollars

That toonie a week allowance didn't get ya very far

Your answer is wayyyy better then mine =P I was 14 when Beast Wars came out, with 5 bucks a week for allowance, I had to really wheel and deal to get my first Beast Wars toys (Red Eye Cheetor, Terrorsaur, Bat Optimus Primal/Megatron 2pack, oh and the McBeasts Manta Ray, Beetle and Panther..... didn't get Rhino till years later)

RNSrobot 03-20-2012 12:31 AM

Since the end of the 'Mega' class it's always bugged me that it went from Deluxe ($15) to Voyager ($30). I liked that inbetween price point. I don't remember paying $40 for Rampage and Depth Charge, but it was 15 years ago so who knows. I'm pretty sure Ultra Optimus Primal (season 1 ape) was $30. Definitely 'more' toy for $30 than say, Classics Prime, who feels more like a $25 toy than 30. W/e.

But at this point I don't even know. Half my Beast Wars toys were bought at small town drug stores so I was paying $17.99 for a deluxe in 1997. I'm pretty sure I bought TM Waspinator for like, $21.99 small town mark-up. That all changed when I moved to a bigger city and got a job at Wal-Mart. Was able to get good prices plus employee discount on most of the Transmetals and TM2s.

faustx 03-20-2012 12:45 AM

Awesome info for filling out the CDN pricing on these catalogues on ShelfLife guys...we'll get on that!

James

chaingunsofdoom 03-28-2012 11:35 AM

Was going through some papers and stuff for taxes and found some TF receipts from 1998-99 last night. Yeah. Most of the prices already listed above are in the right ballpark. :)

Found the BBTS Brave Maximus receipt for $184.99 too. :)