Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A bit... underwhelmed by it all (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=53287)

Team Jetfire 05-20-2014 11:42 AM

A bit... underwhelmed by it all

This may come off a bit fan-boy whinny, but I can't help but feel a bit let down by official release of the new Age of Extinction toy line.

Maybe it's because some of the toys were leaked early, or maybe it's the shift to the more basic figures, or even perhaps the brick and mortar stores carried less product because they though online sales were going be really strong.

What ever the reason, it's a bit disappointing. I remember the day that Star Wars EP1 toys were released; it was an event in itself and there were much more than 8 Toys available.

Slave 05-20-2014 12:26 PM

Re: A bit... underwhelmed by it all

Gotta Agree, but I dont feel let down... I see it as: my wallet will finally get a break! lol

I've bought all the figures I wanted from the first couple of waves: Evasion Prime, dlx Slug, Hound Voyager, dlx Scorn... So far wave 2 doesnt interest me at all... and no future releases that has been shown or leaked interest me....

Let down? yes a bit... but I still find it to be a breather for my wallet and I'll be able to get other 3rd party stuff instead.

Knockout 05-20-2014 01:16 PM

I think 90% of the fans were let down by this line. I can't get over how ugly they are with their melted metal faces and the like. It's fine, I'm just gonna save money, wait for Arcee, Chromia and Windblade.

I'm let down on how lazy Hasbro has been in it's 30th anniversity. Heck. Sailor Moon hit 20 this year and it's got new merch, new action figures, new anime coming out, it got relicensed for the US by VIZ which includes a new dub of all 200 episodes (includes Stars which was never released in the states) and the 3 movies, etc etc. Heck even Power Rangers is doing more in their 20 years. Even got a live action movie reboot coming out.

Alexander Quinn 05-20-2014 01:35 PM

After putting out product every week for a day or two and then putting it back in the stock room, my local Walmart completely ignored the release and didn't have any toys out at all for AOE (as of late Sunday), so yeah...underwhelmed.

I do want Hound though. And a few Dinobots, Snarl in particular.

KoreanInferno 05-20-2014 01:46 PM

I'm not a fan of the figures, but dem Kreons...

laffy 05-20-2014 01:47 PM

Not sure what it like out west but here out east theres tones of toys on the shelf :) Could care less about Walmart but lack of stock is due to them breaking the street date... one note to think of is that we are over a month from the movie release just wait im sure there will be a bigger push come close to the release of the movie :)

last note: I was a big hater before see the toys in hand and I have to say they are far from being good, but my childhood has come out and I had to pickup all the dinobots. than it was I had to pickup the two leaders and one thing lead to another and the line is growing on me

Rev 05-20-2014 01:57 PM

I am pretty much just collecting Masterpiece anyway, so I've barely paid attention. For the first time in a long time, I'm mostly done with the main line, but I'm ok with that.

laffy 05-20-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 575723)
I am pretty much just collecting Masterpiece anyway, so I've barely paid attention. For the first time in a long time, I'm mostly done with the main line, but I'm ok with that.

I thought so too till my trip to toys r us last week :scalper:

jjwankenobi 05-20-2014 02:06 PM

The Bayverse toys peaked with the RotF/HftD lines, IMO. HA 'Bee and Barricade, the various incarncations of Leader OP (Jet Power, Striker, Battle Hooks, etc.) the awesome Leader SS (made complete with the Fans Want It add-on), BBBB, Battle Ops 'Bee. That was as good as Movieverse will ever get.

RNSrobot 05-20-2014 03:34 PM

Because movie toys generally suck? I mean, what expectations could you possibly have had?