Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Customs and Artwork (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Computron --Cybertron/Energon Technobots Unite! (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=14997)

Prime Roller 04-20-2009 11:46 PM

Computron --Cybertron/Energon Technobots Unite!

19 Attachment(s)
*Work in Progress*

Scattorshot -- fair quality KO Cybertron voyager Starscream
Afterburner -- Cybertron scout Brakedown
Strafe -- Movie scout Air Raid (repaint of Energon Skyblast)
Lightspeed -- Cybertron scout Swerve
Nosecone -- Movie scout Signal Flare (repaint of Energon Signal Flare)

Leg attachments for Lightspeed and Nosecone work excellently, with the knees articulated with Lego knights joints and the ankles with Bionicle ball joints.
Chest plate is all planned out (mostly from KO Armada Optimus Prime pieces!), but not glued together yet.
Nosecones main drill but is geared to turn the opposite way of the four smaller gears behind it.

There won't be any work done on this project, my KO Combaticons project, or my Animated Computron with Activators Technobots project until my boxes of toys arrive by slow boat to Taiwan (about 2 months from now!)

Stapler 04-22-2009 02:18 PM

Re: Computron --Cybertron/Energon Technobots Unite!

That looks great! I had the very same thing planned, but I scrapped the scout figures because they seemed too small compared to Universe Dirge. Instead, I'm using Armada Sideways, Energon Slugslinger, Movie Breakaway, and Movie Grindcore as the limbs.
I'm really going to have to look into getting a bionicle or lego knight since the joints look much better than the ones I'm planning on using. Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see the finished product.:)

Prime Roller 04-22-2009 08:20 PM

I like those choices Stapler, especially the Slugslinger as Strafe, and Breakaway as Lightspeed. On Grindcore, what are you planning for the drill bit? Are you gonna take off the plow/bucket and attach it onto the shoulders?

The Lego Knight ratcheting joints are nice and strong. And gluing the 'cup' piece (have to rip open the body of the lego knight to get these out) of the joint flush with the bottom of the Cybertron Starscream/Dirge figure works well. Totally out of site in robot and jet mode.

The Bionlicle ball joints I used for the ankle, although quite strong for a ball joint, could be too weak for your heavier project. My scouts are smaller than your limbs, and my KO Starscream is a hair smaller, and made of lighter (read: cheaper) plastic, than Dirge.

Can't wait to see some progress pics!!

Stapler 04-23-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prime Roller (Post 127051)
I like those choices Stapler, especially the Slugslinger as Strafe, and Breakaway as Lightspeed. On Grindcore, what are you planning for the drill bit? Are you gonna take off the plow/bucket and attach it onto the shoulders?

I originally planned to use the Armada Blur mold, but Breakaway was a cheaper and readily available alternative.
As for Grindcore, I already have some cutting and planning done. I replaced his missile with a drill from a knock off Brave series combiner I found. The drill looks a tad small, but will have to do until I find a larger one.
I cut the scoop off from his wrists, and I also removed his rear tires. I have some treads that I'm goint to replace them with so he'll be a halftrack. If I find another set of treads then I'll make him a full fledged treaded vehicle.

Bruticus82 04-23-2009 11:57 AM

Hey, that's looking really pretty good, especially the individual bots. One area of concern: your mock up makes it look like he might be a little lanky, his upper legs are especially kind of thin considering.

Keep us updated!

Stapler 04-23-2009 02:04 PM

I'm guessing that he looks a little on the lanky side because he doesn't have the chest plate on yet. I'm sure it will look great in the end.:)

Prime Roller 04-23-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stapler (Post 127290)
I'm guessing that he looks a little on the lanky side because he doesn't have the chest plate on yet. I'm sure it will look great in the end.:)

Righto... the chest plate will come down and cover most of Scattorshot's cockpit, and fill out the chest and abdomen area.

I wish I had some better hands to use. (the head is from a KO Skygarry). Perhaps by the time my boxes arrive in Taiwan (1 to 2 months from now) I'll have tracked down some better hands and have something good to add as forearms.
(packing so many toys is a real pain in the afterburner........sorry Afterburner, but it is)

chans formers 04-23-2009 11:14 PM

looks cool so far.i like the mods you've done to signal flare/nosecone!!