Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Combiner Wars Devastator: Q/C Issues Lookout/Thread (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=62729)

CyberDragon10K 01-29-2016 03:56 AM

Combiner Wars Devastator: Q/C Issues Lookout/Thread

So yeah, here's a thread listing general problem spots on Combiner Wars Devastator (that I've either seen from others or on mine). The big guy does a fair number of things right and wrong as it turns out.

Priority Q/C Spots:

- Peg holding Hook's vehicle front together prone to breaking (common occurrence)
- Locking tab for Scrapper's foot mode may snap, rendering Devy unable to stand (!)(demonstrated by baltmatrix)

Miscellaneous:

- Shoulder locking tabs on Long Haul stressing
- Round peg on Scavenger side of chest shield that pegs into Hook stressing
- Mushroom peg for Scavenger's Devastator mode bicep swivel loose (YMMV)
- Flimsy locking of Bonecrusher in arm mode (YMMV)(demonstrated by emgo316)
- Devastator's hands may not be able to grip his big gun (YMMV)
- Scratching of Long Haul's front grill Decepticon emblem (probably from removing the Devy chest shield improperly, YMMV)
- Bonecrusher's crotch doesn't stay together securely
- Devastator's right hip cannot support the weight of the full leg/ratchet isn't strong enough (YMMV)
- Knee locks on Long Haul don't work (YMMV, from BL9)

I just want to get a thread going for now, I'll probably double back and add to the list as things crop up. Feel free to confirm any of the above or contribute.

chroma23 01-29-2016 10:48 AM

Re: Combiner Wars Devastator: Q/C Issues Lookout/Thread

this may be a single incident, but i got an extra useless gear hiding and rattling inside long haul's torso lol

JohnathanKong 01-29-2016 02:57 PM

for mine, Devastators right elbow joint is loose. He can't hold up his gun without it drooping down. I was hoping to exchange mine. Is that a common?

Pgianos 01-29-2016 03:00 PM

Same here...it's not a qc issue it's a design issue joints that bear heavy loafs need to be ratcheted like knee hip elbow shoulder

JohnathanKong 01-29-2016 03:18 PM

I looked at the elbow though. It's weir because it looks like they were going to ratchet it but they just didn't put it in. It sort of moves, but doesn't. That's unfortunate if it's a design flaw. I got the PE kit and it's awesome, so I want him. But if they're all the same, I won't bother with an exchange.

BL9 01-29-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pgianos (Post 677405)
Same here...it's not a qc issue it's a design issue joints that bear heavy loafs need to be ratcheted like knee hip elbow shoulder

And when a big boy like Devastator demands only the heartiest of bread, this becomes a real issue.

My Devastator's right bicep swivel is loose, bonecrusher's crotch doesn't lock too great, my boy broke the peg on Hook and the locks on Long Haul that are supposed to keep his knees from moving in combined mode don't seem to work.

In conclusion, however, I don't even care, he's awesome and huge and stupid and janky and I love it.

Akroyer 01-29-2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chroma23 (Post 677366)
this may be a single incident, but i got an extra useless gear hiding and rattling inside long haul's torso lol

Seems to be my problem too. And an annoyance bone crushers crotch doesn't want to stay together in bot mode.

timcrook 01-29-2016 06:12 PM

UW Bonecrusher's crotch tabs together fine for those wondering.

protoform_ironhide 01-29-2016 07:14 PM

Don't see any issue on my UW Devastators. Do these issues only occur on CW Devy? Oh, one pin was loose on one of the individual bot, I tabbed it back in with an hammer and the whole thing was fine.. Don't notice any issues.

justprime 01-29-2016 07:31 PM

Same no issues with my takara dev must just be the cheap hasbro crap