Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Transformers G1 to air daily on Teletoon Retro starting September 6th (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=25682)

Ultra Maverick 08-30-2010 04:36 PM

Re: Transformers G1 to air daily on Teletoon Retro starting September 6th

Despite the fact that I own the series on DVD it will still be nice to watch this on TV again.
It would be great if Teletoon retro could peper their advertisements with old toy commercials

TheLogicalProwl 08-30-2010 04:45 PM

Funny this announcement came out, while just yesterday I watch an episode from the DVD with the gf.

Nocturn 08-30-2010 04:47 PM

Re: Transformers G1 to air daily in the fall

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 (Post 269745)
yay! Now please air BW soon.

I may be wrong, but I think that's still YTV territory

Fellow Cyb.ca'ers, maybe we should petition them, huh? I'm sure they can kill ONE of those awful late nite programs they got

TMIIWonkoNemises 08-30-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturn (Post 269866)
Fellow Cyb.ca'ers, maybe we should petition them, huh? I'm sure they can kill ONE of those awful late nite programs they got

Well,Retro had the rights to ReBoot,and as we know,all Mainframe products are now owned by Rainmaker.As well,since TeleToon is owned by Corus Entertainment,the same company that owns YTV,I don't think it would be a stretch for TeleToon Retro to air Beast Wars.However,I don't have knowledge of how stuff between YTV and TeleToon actually works.

Northerncrowe 08-31-2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises (Post 269904)
Well,Retro had the rights to ReBoot,and as we know,all Mainframe products are now owned by Rainmaker.As well,since TeleToon is owned by Corus Entertainment,the same company that owns YTV,I don't think it would be a stretch for TeleToon Retro to air Beast Wars.However,I don't have knowledge of how stuff between YTV and TeleToon actually works.

Deals are worked out all the time. We did it with Futurama. BW is on a list of shows that may happen one day. Lots of 60's, 70's, 80's stuff is getting a focus now. 90's stuff will happen more as time passes.

shahzadm5 09-01-2010 12:52 AM

Ya BW is too recent to be on Retro, i think it could be one of those shows we could see on late night YTV, late night YTV shows a poor these days...i loved it when they had Reboot on a few years ago.

But G1 on Retro is great news. cant wait to watch it.

Lacimehc 09-01-2010 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shahzadm5 (Post 270532)
Ya BW is too recent to be on Retro, i think it could be one of those shows we could see on late night YTV, late night YTV shows a poor these days...i loved it when they had Reboot on a few years ago.

But G1 on Retro is great news. cant wait to watch it.

It's not that recent. Beast wars will be about 15 years old next year. Reboot is only two years older (and ended in 2001) and has been on Teletoon Retro for quite a while now.

superhomme 09-04-2010 12:03 AM

Indeed, it fantastic to see back G1 on TV, like they old day (the 80's)! For Beast Wars, time will tell.

Autovolt 127 09-04-2010 08:51 PM

Too bad i'l be in school when it's on. :(

otherwise awesome. :D

Northerncrowe 09-05-2010 11:48 AM

Anything 10+years is legally considered Retro so if there are shows you want, speak up.