Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Collections Spotlight (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   B13's Collection (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=56142)

B13 10-19-2014 04:00 PM

B13's Collection

20 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,

Before you go any further, skip down to the pictures if you're not interested in long blah-blah... Enjoy!

Oh, you stayed! Good.
Collecting is an adventure!
And this adventure is different for all of us.
Mine is almost done and after reading all your stories, I wanted to share mine too.
Please understand that this story is told denuded of any pretentious or braggart attitude.

I built a very personal collection. One I built to please me and me only. One built by an adult for an adult. You may find it small, but I feel like it's now complete, like I attained my goal and can turn the page on this never ending and always expensive hobby. Sure new awesome figures will always come out, but I spoiled myself enough for now... until a new MP Megatron comes out of course!

During the last two years, I scanned the market. I peeked at almost all the Transformer toys existing and started acquiring those really meaning something to me, on a sentimental or aesthetic level. I wanted “one of all the types”, to have a specific piece of everything available! I wanted original Transformers products, third party products, hand made products and customized products. I was successful enough to find and acquire them all. As you'll notice, I prefer Decepticons...

First, I acquired the pieces I loved the most in the 80s.

I always liked music and the tapes were always my favorite Transformer toys. I gathered all the Decepticon tapes and Soundwave figures, from the G1 era to the present time, using the tapes gimmick. Soundwave and his gang are cool characters and their evolution is up to their greatness!

I wanted to represent the evolution of the seekers too. In all, this brings the count to three generations of Soundwave and four generations the seekers. All my seekers are Skywarp except for my MP Acid Storm. I would prefer a MP Skywap, but I like my Acid Storm and as much as I like the MP-11 mold, I don't need two. I added a necessary Megatron G1 figure to the lot!

G1 Jetfire is an awesome and now expensive (and yellow) toy; I never owned it. As the Macross Super Valkyrie 1/55 mold can still be found at a reasonable price, I went that way. I'll never regret it! WHAT A GREAT TOY!!! Then I turned the page on the 80's chapter.

Next, I wanted something special. There are a lot of great artists out there and I wanted to get a one-of-a-kind piece customized to my likings. Million thanks again to Chonosmoon for providing me with a Tetra Jet Cybertronian Skywarp seeker! http://www.chonosmoon.com/transforme...ian-skywarp#/0 I always wanted a toy looking like the one he adjusted me. It feels really great to know that you're holding something that you're the only one to own!

I ordered a “hand made” piece from Eagle; his very cool Decepticon tape Not-Swoop. You need to get one if you collect tapes!

The third party figure's spot was taken by a UT Sharky and some Shapeways 3D printed accessories.

I was incredibly lucky in finding this year a near-perfect-for-its-age Bandai Godaikin Abega starship. No one I encountered recognize this toy and I really wonder where my parents found this in 1984.

If you like the ED-209 bot from Robocop (1987), I recommend the Neca offering. It's really great for its price! It's the perfect support for my Cobra soldiers. The new way they make the GI Joe figures now is fantastic!

As my User Name says, I like the number 13 and enrolled in my mad squad are BT-13, MP-13B and a Super Valkyrie tagged number 13. Three of my favorite figures sports my favorite number.

Of course I have some Autobots. The most notorious of them would be MP Grimlock. I couldn't pass on him for a price of 75$! On the other hand, MP-10B is 100% Decepticon. I wanted him to be accompanied by the ancestor of the MP brand, a Takara Binaltech Laserwave shinning his evilness.

I placed all the instruction booklets in a plastic container placed on top of the shelves. That's useful and fun to look at once in a while!

In a way, with all the little details that make this small collection “my own”, I believe it's perfect! More would be too much for now. Having a lower amount of figures means a cleaner display of more appreciable pieces. To each is own though! You may disagree, but I think it's really cool. Anyway, as I said earlier, I spoiled myself enough for now...

Thank you for reading me! I hope collecting Transformers toys or other figures brings you as much joy as it does for me. Collecting is somehow a selfish pleasure and it can only remain fun as long as you do it responsibly. Have fun!

Before this ends, I would like to thank all the members who contributed in this collection! I'm sure you'll recognize the toys you sold me.

Attachment 25978 Attachment 26110 Attachment 25980 Attachment 25981 Attachment 25982 Attachment 25983 Attachment 25984 Attachment 25985 Attachment 25986 Attachment 25987 Attachment 25988 Attachment 25989 Attachment 25990 Attachment 25991 Attachment 25992 Attachment 25993 Attachment 25994 Attachment 25995 Attachment 25996 Attachment 25997

MULTIPLEX 10-19-2014 04:14 PM

Re: B13's Collection

Awesome collection. Will you be getting the new YOTG MP Soundwave? Would fit well with your collection.

I've got one of those not-swoops as well. Cool transformation and a Decepticon logo on his beak too.

B13 10-19-2014 04:28 PM

Hi Multiplex!

Thank you for your comments!
No, I won't get the YOTG MP Soundwave. I have the mold two times already and I'd prefer getting something new instead. Probably just as you, I can't wait to see properly the tapes though!

Thanks for your contribution to this collection again! I still have for sale the Reject and Rewind tapes. Could the Decepticon tapes be more popular...?

MULTIPLEX 10-19-2014 05:14 PM

Well I'm definately a Decepticon fan more than Autobot. The cassettes were always my favorite too.

I see from your sig you also have WST Megatron. Get the silencer from Heero. It's awesome.

B13 10-19-2014 05:44 PM

My Heero Silencer is already in the mail. ;)
I can't wait to see it!

It was a pain to acquire WST Megatron; my first purchase got lost in the mail...

elburrito 10-19-2014 06:51 PM

Great Collection and Display!

B13 10-27-2014 11:22 PM

New pieces!

1 Attachment(s)
Picture adjustment: World Smallest Transformers (WST) G1 Megatron + Heero Toys accessories added!

Attachment 26122

supermanTF 10-28-2014 12:16 AM

great collection - I love hearing about different / themes for collections. Mine is also things I love but I haven't had time to put it all together

Sir Prime A Lot 10-28-2014 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX (Post 606155)
I see from your sig you also have WST Megatron. Get the silencer from Heero. It's awesome.

I didn't even know that existed. Thanks, after going to his website I'm now $79 poorer.

B13 11-08-2014 05:44 PM

Changing the disPLAY!

8 Attachment(s)
One of the many pleasures of owning a collection is to change the display. Could that be for adding a piece or just to bring minor changes to improve the overall look, I always find it fun!

Attachment 26234 Attachment 26235 Attachment 26236 Attachment 26237 Attachment 26238 Attachment 26239 Attachment 26240 Attachment 26241

MULTIPLEX 11-08-2014 11:55 PM

What is that gun in G1 Soundwave's hand? Looks like a cassette?

B13 11-09-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX (Post 609183)
What is that gun in G1 Soundwave's hand? Looks like a cassette?

Hi MULTIPLEX!,

It is a cassette!!! It's very cool!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radico...shapeways.html
+
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radico...shapeways.html

B13 12-07-2014 05:30 PM

Transforming Transformers

4 Attachment(s)
I played around with my modest collection this weekend.

I assembled a robot army, all weapons out! And this army counts a Classics Dark Jet-Prime!
Attachment 26571 Attachment 26572

I prepared a spot for Apollyon... but the wait could be long!
Attachment 26573 Attachment 26574

Don't forget to dust when you play around!!!

B13 01-04-2015 02:28 PM

The new guys!

7 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone! Happy new year!!!

I closed the year 2014 by adding some minor improvements to my collection.

Universe Cyclonus made room for Reveal The Shield (RTS) Cyclonus from the Battle in Space set. It took some time and research to get this guy at a reasonable price! It was essential to me, collecting wise, to get the right color scheme for this character.
Attachment 26829

I also added a Cobra Viper figure to my small army along with my second favorite dictator after Megatron, the famous Cobra Commander!
Attachment 26831 Attachment 26830

I discovered the wonders of the Revoltech technology by adding Vash the Stampede to my band of shooters! This figure is crazy articulated and astonishingly detailed!
Attachment 26832 Attachment 26833 Attachment 26840

Also, Beast Hunter Shockwave passed by to welcome you in the new year! Give him a hug!
Attachment 26835

Thanks for watching! Take care!

B13 01-04-2015 02:57 PM

Doctor's Order: Dual Wielding Time!

4 Attachment(s)
The doctor says "It's Dual Wielding Time" and we have two patients today!!!
The Rx is: at least one canon per hand all the time; dual wielding recommended!

Masterpiece Acid Storm dual wielding RTS Megatron and an accessory Masterpiece Megatron
Attachment 26836 Attachment 26837 Attachment 26838

BT-13 Binaltech Laserwave holding a Dr. Wu Silver Pistol
Attachment 26839

B13 01-19-2015 12:59 AM

New Kids On The Block

Keep reading...!

B13 01-19-2015 01:02 AM

New Kids On The Block

9 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone!

I am back to present you the new kids on the block. They all brought major firepower to the organization and therefore deserve my full appreciation.

First, MP-12 Lambor Expo Exclusive enters my ranks!

I was lurking on the KO for a while before deciding that I didn't want that kind of stuff in my collection. Thank you lena81822 for providing me with an original Takara toy for 15$ + shipping! I don't collect Autobots and lucky enough he doesn't bare the insignia. Getting to "try" this toy (and get the real deal at the same time) for 15$ is a steal!

Attachment 27047 Attachment 27048 Attachment 27049 Attachment 27050

Then come additional mercenaries to enforce my "favorite soldiers" squad! A Revoltech Kerberos Soldier from The Red Spectacles!

Attachment 27051 Attachment 27052 Attachment 27053

Then a Cobra Iron Grenadier, sporting about the same apparel.

Attachment 27054

They look great together, but I'm keeping a spot for a Revoltech Star Wars Stormtrooper there!

Attachment 27055

Thanks for watching!

MULTIPLEX 01-19-2015 01:10 AM

Hi B13, awesome additions. $15 is a steal. I kow for a fact that one she sold is real. Excellent eye. Wish I bought one.

I really like Acidstorm wielding two Megatrons lol. That scout size Megatron is just so damn awesome. I even bought the reprolabels but haven't applied them yet on mine.

I noticed you said you are leaving space for your Revoltch Star Wars. I also am getting those. I preordered R2, 3P0 and a Stormy from HLJ. But Vader just didn't look right to me with the articulated cape. He also looked too skinny. S I passed on him. Which ones did you order?

B13 01-19-2015 01:43 AM

Hi Multiplex!

Thanks for the comments! Yes, I was lucky getting this MP-12! The problem I have is that if I don't purchase a figure, I'll never have to try it. I don't know anyone else who collects Transformers figures. I am probably not the only one in this position though.

About the Star Wars figures, I only purchased the Stormtrooper soldier. I always wanted a Stormtropper figure and the "Revolteck finish" will make a wonderful job on this one! I like it better then the Figuarts', but it's a mater of choice as they are actually different.

The Megatron figure is a must in my "evolution setup". Having two makes it easier to mess around with them, hehe. The Masterpiece gimmick is very cool and unexpected I think.

I will soon post some pictures of G1 cassettes add-ons I found on Shapeways. I wanted to try them as a novelty and also as they are not expensive. Maybe you'll be interested in checking them out.

Have a good evening!!!

Buhawi 01-19-2015 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B13 (Post 620049)
Hi Multiplex!

Thanks for the comments! Yes, I was lucky getting this MP-12! The problem I have is that if I don't purchase a figure, I'll never have to try it. I don't know anyone else who collects Transformers figures. I am probably not the only one in this position though.

I have no friends. None that I see everyday or every other day anyway. Let along people who share the same hobby. Problem is time. My time is devoted to to work and family. So yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat.

Once in a blue moon, I would go to the toy convention here in MTL or buy something, mostly from SMOG. lol

btw regarding the first page, I scrolled down found it too long then I thought to myself, I remember this guy, let's check what he has to say. I ended reading the entire thread.

Interesting collection to say the least. I love and admire how much control you have.

B13 01-19-2015 08:51 AM

Hi Buhawi,

Thank you for passing by and reading my story! Thanks also for the comments. I am thinking about taking a break from collecting now. This hobby is consuming and there are so many other fields of interest to discover. I am waiting for MP-11SW to take Acid Storm's place. Apollyon has already a spot in my collection too, and maybe someday a Takara Megatron V2 (if it happens) will steal its spot too.

The secret could be to purchase less and play more?

About having no friends, well I guess that is part of getting older. Let's say I wish I had some now. I had so many before...

Have a good day!

B13 01-20-2015 01:58 AM

Shapeways Add-ons

9 Attachment(s)
Hello there!

I recently acquired some accessories to upgrade so figures missing "a little something". You will understand by looking at the pictures. The accessories were 3D printed and purchased at Shapeways.

Generations Laserbeak and Universe Ravage were missing their weapons. Now, they have something to defend themselves better!

Attachment 27070 Attachment 27071 Attachment 27072
Attachment 27073 Attachment 27074 Attachment 27075

I found some null-rays for G1 seekers, but I don't know if I'll keep them attached. I am looking for G1 missiles and null-rays (the short ones) by the way!

Attachment 27076 Attachment 27077 Attachment 27078

See you around!

MULTIPLEX 01-21-2015 01:34 AM

Interesting accessories. The ravage missile launchers look similar to the ones that come with MGS-03 upgrade kit. Looks to be a Universe Ravage, not Henkei Ravage, with the Repro stickers applied?

B13 01-21-2015 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX (Post 620626)
Interesting accessories. The ravage missile launchers look similar to the ones that come with MGS-03 upgrade kit. Looks to be a Universe Ravage, not Henkei Ravage, with the Repro stickers applied?

Yes, you're right!

B13 02-24-2015 12:44 AM

A Jetfire/Valkyrie Tribute

10 Attachment(s)
Hi again,

I brought a new piece my collection recently and rearranged my display to make the most of it. It's becoming difficult to add new members to a limited-in-space display and major decision must sometimes be made... Goodbye Classics Dark Jet-Prime!

A Jetfire/Valkyrie Tribute fought its place to my display to satisfy the appetite of my hungry eyes! Ready to battle are a Takara Classics Dark Skyfire, a Bandai Macross Super Valkyrie 1/55, a lost Bandai Godaikin Abega starship and now a Yamato VF-1S Valkyrie 1/60 painted to resemble G1 Jetfire (thank you very much for everything Hhai)! The strike parts of this gorgeous piece were painted by an artist from Montreal, Canada. It will be a great achievement to maintain it, through the years, as it is today... wonderful and fragile custom pieces, haw! The evolution from the 80's 1/55 Valkyrie mold to the present 1/60 one is now represented in my collection.

Here you can see them all, in the same order as explained previously.

Attachment 27427 Attachment 27428 Attachment 27429

Attachment 27430 Attachment 27431 Attachment 27432

Attachment 27433 Attachment 27434 Attachment 27435 Attachment 27436

Thanks for looking!

B13 03-01-2015 02:53 PM

Revoltech Stormtrooper

7 Attachment(s)
Hello!

Another soldier just joined my platoon and this is probably the most famous one of them all: a Stormtrooper.

I consider myself an episode IV, V and VI Star Wars fan and I am not interested in the whole franchise or universe. The fact that it recently became a Disney property don't bother me a bit as it means new companies can now sell their own version of the toys! The Revoltech Stormtrooper seems to me the best figure for my type of collecting. It is well detailed, it has a high play value and looks the best compared to other toys representing the same character (my opinion only!).

Please take a peek!

Attachment 27482 Attachment 27483 Attachment 27484 Attachment 27485

Attachment 27486 Attachment 27487 Attachment 27488

MULTIPLEX 03-01-2015 09:21 PM

Re: Revoltech Stormtrooper

Quote:

Originally Posted by B13 (Post 628317)
Hello!

Another soldier just joined my platoon and this is probably the most famous one of them all: a Stormtrooper.

I consider myself an episode IV, V and VI Star Wars fan and I an not interested in the whole franchise or universe. The fact that it recently became a Disney property don't bother me a bit as it means new companies can now sell their own version of the toys! The Revoltech Stormtrooper seems to me the best figure for my type of collecting. It is well detailed, it has a high play value and looks the best compared to other toys representing the same character (my opinion only!).

Please take a peek!

Attachment 27482 Attachment 27483 Attachment 27484 Attachment 27485

Attachment 27486 Attachment 27487 Attachment 27488

Nice pics, B13. I also purchased the Revo Stormy but I have a different experience. I really don't see much difference between the 6" Black Series and Revo Stormy. I actually snapped the elbow joint on my Revo figure. I hardly applied pressure. I guess the joint was facing the wrong way. Didnt realize they were so fragile. Are you getting any more? I posted pics of the 3P0 over in the Black Series thread.

B13 03-01-2015 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX (Post 628390)
Nice pics, B13. I also purchased the Revo Stormy but I have a different experience. I really don't see much difference between the 6" Black Series and Revo Stormy. I actually snapped the elbow joint on my Revo figure. I hardly applied pressure. I guess the joint was facing the wrong way. Didn't realize they were so fragile. Are you getting any more? I posted pics of the 3P0 over in the Black Series thread.

Hi,

Thanks for the comments! I am sorry to hear about your experience. I snapped the feet off the long gun if it helps! hehe

I plan on getting the Revo Boba Fett figure if it looks good. I have three Revoltech figures now and I believe four will be more than enough.

They are fragile and it took me a lot of time to adjust to the Revo joints. Once you understand them correctly (I am not saying you don't), you can do anything and poses come naturally.

Have a good evening!

MULTIPLEX 03-01-2015 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B13 (Post 628394)
Hi,

Thanks for the comments! I am sorry to hear about your experience. I snapped the feet off the long gun if it helps! hehe

I plan on getting the Revo Boba Fett figure if it looks good. I have three Revoltech figures now and I believe four will be more than enough.

They are fragile and it took me a lot of time to adjust to the Revo joints. Once you understand them correctly (I am not saying you don't), you can do anything and poses come naturally.

Have a good evening!

Had no idea there was a Boba. Any other new ones announced? Off to the interwebs to find some pics...

B13 03-01-2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX (Post 628396)
Had no idea there was a Boba. Any other new ones announced? Off to the interwebs to find some pics...

Only pics of "a prototype" Boba Fett are available now. No pre-orders opened yet. R2D2 is coming too.

MULTIPLEX 03-01-2015 11:18 PM

Yup I got R2 on preorder. Look like we're getting Boba, Jango and an X-Wing. I'm definitely getting Jango if it's true. One of the few new trilogy characters I liked.

http://s29.postimg.org/vtv4zud4n/Kai...Jango_Fett.jpg

B13 03-01-2015 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX (Post 628403)
Yup I got R2 on preorder. Look like we're getting Boba, Jango and an X-Wing. I'm definitely getting Jango if it's true. One of the few new trilogy characters I liked.

http://s29.postimg.org/vtv4zud4n/Kai...Jango_Fett.jpg

Any difference between Boba's and Jango's character general aesthetic, besides the colors?

MULTIPLEX 03-02-2015 01:24 AM

Well those two figures above are Boba. You can tell from the cloth fatigues. Jango has metal armor on his pants. Also, both helmets have the circular dent in it, which is standard Boba. The article I read mentioned Jango is coming too but let's see if that is true or just an assumption. It would be an easy retool and one of the nicest 6" figures to date IMO. Here's a side by side comparison of the two.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...4560-boba-.jpg

SanMiguel 03-04-2015 01:28 PM

Nice comparison pix, I didnt know there was metal plates for Jango, I thought it was just a straight repaint.

B13 04-03-2015 04:21 PM

The many forms of Skywarp!

7 Attachment(s)
Hello!

I am closing today another chapter of my toy collecting journey. Not happy with MP-11A Acid Storm representing the Masterpiece spot in my seeker evolution setup, I demoted him to make place for MP-11SW Skywarp. This is a much better fit to my Skywarp iterations display.

See the difference!

Attachment 27812 Attachment 27813 Attachment 27814
Attachment 27815 Attachment 27816

I decided to give Acid Storm at least some more armament, equipping him with missiles and a MP Megatron gun accessory.

Attachment 27817 Attachment 27818

Thank you for passing by!

B13 05-03-2015 08:10 PM

Looking hot for summer!

7 Attachment(s)
Hello!

Waiting for Apollyon is a boring activity... unless you take the time to prepare his arrival! I must not be the first one to do so. His spot his ready here though, look! He's not there!

Attachment 28288

I find the look of the missiles and bombs provided with the G1 Hasbro Skywarp reissue terrible. I replaced them recently on my figure with a set of G1 small bombs found on eBay. The difference is formidable! It better be because the price of these small bombs is terrible.

Before: Attachment 28289 After: Attachment 28290 Attachment 28291

I also purchased a seeker believing he could complementer my Skywarp evolution setup, but the result is far from looking good... Find the runt!

Attachment 28292

His replacement is now awaiting pickup at the post office and this Classics figure will go back directly where it came from: to sale!

I always wanted a clear Transformer but none of the available offerings fit my taste. I remembered owning an old clear Rumble despicable-KO and started customizing it using my best skills: removing stickers and washing in soapy water! And what a result! That scratches my itch for a clear figure for 0$!

Attachment 28293 Attachment 28294

Thanks for reading me again and have a good evening!

B13 05-11-2015 09:12 PM

Almost the end...

8 Attachment(s)
Hello!

The end is near...!
The end of my collecting adventure that is!

I feel it in my guts. As if I drank a concoction of joy mixed with a pinch of proudness and a drop of anguish. Weird feeling.

Apollyon will soon be mine and this will close the deal! I now have all I wished for and more. I'll keep an eye on the Masterpiece series, in case of Megatron V2, but I don't really care for more.

What will I do now with all that Transformers-time??? I really don't know yet.

Anyway, I wanted to post pictures of the evolution of my display. It grew, it changed, but it remained true to it's aspiration.

Here we go!

A homage to Jetfire / Valkyrie Variable Fighter
Attachment 28426 Attachment 28427

In honor of the seekers / Skywarp
Attachment 28428 Attachment 28429 Attachment 28430

My favorite killing machines
Attachment 28431 Attachment 28432

Apollyon! Where are you?
Attachment 28433

Thank you for reading me! Byebye

B13 06-03-2015 11:53 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Hi there!

I recently put my hand on Apollyon, a longly awaited figure for many of us! I was disappointed by its whole quality and decided to never transform it. The gun mode is not up to my expectation anyway...

So MP-5 came to the rescue! Yes, that hated MP-5!

I transformed it very fast using a video review and the experience was actually not that bad. Now I have the best representation of each "Masterpiece" mode on top of completing my evolution set up for Megatron. I am now satisfied and my collection is really and finally complete!

Attachment 28679 Attachment 28696 Attachment 28681 Attachment 28702

I decided to have some fun and played around with the toys. I suggest an easy mod to your MP-11A Acid Storm using a silver paint pen. Just press it slightly on each tip of the radar dish.

Attachment 28685

Sideswipe told me that he's tired to ride for the others and jumped on Grimlock!

Attachment 28684

I found out that the silly seekers cannons from the Classics mold were better used as a single gun.

Attachment 28683

Thank you for watching!

B13 06-04-2015 12:11 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Hello again!

I am leaving here pictures of my complete collection. My journey is over and I will be back soon to leave my final thoughts.

See you!

Attachment 28686

Attachment 28687 Attachment 28688 Attachment 28689 Attachment 28690

Attachment 28691 Attachment 28692 Attachment 28693 Attachment 28694

Attachment 28695

MULTIPLEX 06-04-2015 11:14 AM

Congrats!