Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Feedback and Reviews (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Animated Leader Ultra Magnus / Universe Ultra Silverbolt (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=8928)

astrana 07-12-2008 02:40 PM

Re: Animated Leader Ultra Magnus / Universe Ultra Silverbolt

dyansis want this dyansis wants that, along with people calling Pascal "dick" for posting a review before him (I assume this is the story after reading few post) This is all about Internet Pride and Ego I guess, if the Dyansis guy wanted do the first TF2 Prime review so bad, maybe he can post on video requesting people let him do it with the whole dog died history.

LOL Internet Ego and Pride....

Bountyan 07-12-2008 03:16 PM

I like how the wheels are hidden in Magnus' legs, to avoid kibble. Before I saw the toy, I wasn't sure if they could pull his transformation off, to be honest.

Goaliebot 07-12-2008 05:27 PM

What is it about this Silverbolt figure that attracts such drama? This Youtube thing is freaking bizarre and stupid to an extreme level... and in an earlier thread on TFW I commented that I didn't like Silverbolt because he was a robot stuck to a jet and I got flamed for saying that because I 'failed to take into account the G1 homage factor' or some such crap.

Sigh.

Incepticon 07-12-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charizard (Post 63988)
I dunno, I love reviews with character profiles. That's what truly gets me into the figures, having a connection with the "personality" and "history" behind the figure's on screen (or in book) character. I love learning new aspects of their bio. I rarely buy a toy simply because "it's a cool toy" (it usually has to be a cool toy -and- a cool character).

Fair enough. But personally speaking, if I'm going to watch a video review in the first place, that means I already have a connection with the character, know it's history & bio, etc. and don't want someone turning it into their own YouTube comedy show or infommercial as opposed to just doing what (I think) they should: show it's transformation, point out tips and possible hidden features, throw in a couple of relevant size comparisons to other figures in the series, maybe show come comparisons to other previous versions of the figure being profiled, so on & so forth. Translated: I came to see the figure, not the guy that bought it.

Quote:

Dyansis isn't really a clown, he's spirited and loves his Transformers. He's a good guy whose brain short-circuited a bit with this request.
Yeah I'm sure he's a decent enough guy that just happens to be a little more animated than most and evidentially has a very different approach to how he chooses to do video reviews. But based on what I saw, I just thought it was all a little too flamboyant & silly. I can understand why some people DO like it - but it's just not my thing.

That's why - if I had to pick - I like Peaugh's reviews the best. There's no theatrics, there's no embarrassing intro that starts each video like Sean Long's, his face is not in front of the camera... it's just his hands transforming these things accompanied by a very NON-geek narrative that keeps it all concise. On the other end, I also enjoy D-Banks if for nothing else than the combination of his enthusiasm and Brooklyn born manner of diction & speaking. It's hilarious, even though he clearly doesn't know it.

But whatever. Different strokes for different blah blah blah... :)

pud333 07-12-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 63856)
Wow, I can't believe all the hate I'm getting from YT freaks over that video. Absurd and pathetic.

Awesome. Just awesome. Whenever I think YT fans can't get any sillier, they prove me wrong and skyrocket themselves into the stratosphere of stupidity.

Honestly, it's a freakin' toy review.

On topic though, Ultra Magnus looks to be the best of the TFA bunch. I love how his legs transform.

Pascal 07-12-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bountyan (Post 64027)
I like how the wheels are hidden in Magnus' legs, to avoid kibble. Before I saw the toy, I wasn't sure if they could pull his transformation off, to be honest.

That's my favorite part of the transformation, just like for Onslaught.

Pascal 07-12-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goaliebot (Post 64046)
I got flamed for saying that because I 'failed to take into account the G1 homage factor' or some such crap.

Sigh.

That's lame... A toy can be a hommage in so many different ways, not just transformation alone. I guess they decided to use that route with Silverbolt, but it doesn't mean it could not have been done differently. I think there could have been a way to roughly make the same plane thicker to integrate all the limbs and still mimic the G1 look without bolting a robot underneath.

Endersrun 07-13-2008 12:06 AM

Thanks for the reviews and great pics Pascal!

I will for sure pick up Ultra Magnus... That guys is awesome. Hope he fits on my shelf.

I wasn't sure about Silverbolt, but then I saw him in the group shot... Personally , I think he should have been a deluxe.

Now, I know it's not part of this review but seeing that group shot made me ponder....Galvatron... nice toy by itself, but he looks like such a minuscule little pansy. :confused: Should have been Voyager size or bigger.

As for the side drama that's been happening... Ignore it, and the rest of fandom (at least those on this board) should to. It's getting way too much attention and making it seem more valuable than it is...

Thanks for all that you do Pascal... There are many many of us that appreciate what you do. Keep your animated chin up...

Endersrun 07-13-2008 12:09 AM

Can we get a group shot of DEcepticons in Classics 1.0 with the new ones...?

How about with the Autobots?

If you have time, I would love to see them...