Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Conundrum over FT-21 Berserk given FT new practice of reissuing with paint..... (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=78812)

Darkmatter 02-10-2020 09:59 AM

Conundrum over FT-21 Berserk given FT new practice of reissuing with paint.....

So, Blitzwing was always a cool character. In that one episode where he and Astrotrain take over, Blitzwing shows himself to, sure, have a lot of flaws, but still a LOT more capable than Astrotrain in the cranial processor department. lol

FT-21 is sure to be a big hit, which actually makes me more nervous about ordering the initial release given FT's seemingly new practice of re-releasing good selling figures with better paint down the line.

It's a tough call... :(

Autobotz24 02-10-2020 11:29 AM

Re: Conundrum over FT-21 Berserk given FT new practice of reissuing with paint.....

If they ever do release him. I've had him on pre order for years and they still haven't even shown anything more than a rendered image

Darkmatter 02-10-2020 11:33 AM

Re: Conundrum over FT-21 Berserk given FT new practice of reissuing with paint.....

Yea well, there is THAT too.... lol

I think they have the experience now that they lacked back then to do it though. There's also the coronovirus outbreak that has shut pretty much everything down, and impacted or killed a lot of people. :(

Pascal 02-10-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkmatter (Post 805404)

FT-21 is sure to be a big hit, which actually makes me more nervous about ordering the initial release given FT's seemingly new practice of re-releasing good selling figures with better paint down the line.

It's a tough call... :(

Better paint? I wouldn't call their metallic (thus non-accurate) paint jobs better...

Darkmatter 02-10-2020 02:04 PM

Really? I think Galvatron, Cyclonus and Jetfire all look better in the repaints. I guess I just don't understand the need to 100% mimic the tech and limited colour palette of a kids, 80's cartoon that had terrible QC.

Do I think that the original MP Wheeljack looked good with a completely chromed out face? No. But I think that there is a good middle ground between these 2 extremes.

I mean, if you were a 100% 80's cartoon purist, then you shouldn't like the windows in the +, and which are now standard, figures, because they are blue translucent. They should be solid blue, or completely see through clear like they would do if Spike was in Bumblebee or something.

I just think that what would look best, would be something more in line with what we envisioned in our minds as kids, which is probably somewhere in between an overly glossy, metallic, chromed up Wheeljack head, and a flat grey plastic.

Pascal 02-10-2020 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkmatter (Post 805416)
I guess I just don't understand the need to 100% mimic the tech and limited colour palette of a kids, 80's cartoon that had terrible QC.

LOL

You lost me there.

steamwhistle 02-10-2020 05:21 PM

I doubt there is a need for an immediate decision. Wait until it is actually released - or until a review of a production prototype is available - and then decide if the paint offering seems to be compatible with your standards for your collection. It doesn't seem prudent to try to decide this based on a silhouette.

Echotransformer 02-10-2020 07:29 PM

Here's an option...and I know not everyone has the means...but you could pre-order both, and actually compare both in hand as you may be surprised what you prefer. With very few exceptions, FT stuff is one of the few lines of TFs that are pretty much guaranteed to sell these days.

If for some, crazy reason you have to sell one slightly below retail, look at it as a "Paint tax" to get the best figure.

That said...my humble opinion and my current approach is--just get the first release. All FT stuff looks great and in this hobby you never know if/when a subsequent release is coming, so I just 'enjoy it as it happens'...

ssjgoku22 02-10-2020 07:39 PM

Agreed with Echotransformer above. I did this with FT Sovereign. I purchased the original, found out about the metallic version and just sold my original. I actually sold the original for more than it was worth (I bought it for $250 and sold it back for $280).