Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cost of third party toys keeps rising (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=51321)

Pgianos 01-23-2014 08:51 AM

Cost of third party toys keeps rising

I totally understand that 3rd party items are going to be more expensive for the reasons we all know. But upgrade kits with little pieces for the price of a voyager class figure? 200 base price for MP - style figures like swoop, 500 for a combiner etc.....I wish I could and I'm jealous of those that can afford them. I bought ft-03 for 150 and thst is one of the best toys ever made but like in the early part of a poker game I throw my cards in right after it's advertised ... I love how optibotimus pushes this stuff for bbts ...clearly a conflict of interest when they give you free stuff and pay for ad space.... Anyways to all those that get them ur so lucky bc they are awesome!

mastereh 01-23-2014 10:42 AM

Re: Cost of third party toys keeps rising

I got TFC Hercules for $399; if you wait for sales you can save a little bit.

Knockout 01-23-2014 10:53 AM

I need that Sunstreaker in my life that Custom Robots is coming out with, he better not cost an arm and leg by the time he times out. But you have to think the cost of the materials and other items is going up. They got to make money somewhere.

zfarsh 01-23-2014 12:28 PM

I usually try to pick on 3rd parties that offer the most for the money, such as MMC and FT. When you compare what you get for the price, you feel it is as good as the real thing, or better. I also budget my year, and stick with the most important things, and have to sacrifice many good ones. Eventually, when prices go beyond a certain point, I will have to stop, but right now, I still find FT within the Takara range or better for what they offer, and find MMC product really good and worth it if bought at Early Bird stage.

Sureshot22 01-23-2014 12:41 PM

boooo. knockout you had me excited about a sunstreaker..... too bad its a revoltech =( man i was all excited.

sarmick01 01-23-2014 12:53 PM

BECAUSE THEY CAN.

Hawkeye 01-23-2014 01:03 PM

But then there's also Mech Ideas Apex and Geminus for $35 each, and hopefully Maketoys not-swerve and gears will also be in this 'cheaper' price point...

brr-icy 01-23-2014 02:14 PM

they have lost a lot of customers, there are many people going straight MP. gotta make up the difference somehow

funkmasterke 01-23-2014 03:10 PM

Its because collectors are willing to pay those prices. 3p companies probably aren't even bothering to figure out how to cut costs for their toys, as they don't really need to as people are spending obsurd amounts of money on figures that are definitely not worth it.

GMfan 01-23-2014 04:49 PM

Is every thread you start gonna be about pricing/cost complaints?