Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jan 26 OCC - your thoughts? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=78699)

evenstaves 01-26-2020 03:58 PM

Jan 26 OCC - your thoughts?

I wasn't able to come out to this one, and I missed October's (November's?) as well

Anyone who attended today's OCC (i know it's technically still going on), was/is it any good? Find anything sweet?

Con haul thread I guess - dealer's room & pre-arranges all count, sellers' experiences, go nuts!

OldOfflineMan 01-26-2020 06:31 PM

Re: Jan 26 OCC - your thoughts?

My focus is was on Prime Wars and Siege figures so here goes...

October:
- Siege galore... and overpriced at that. I spent just $30 on basket toys for my two kids.
- Good attendance for both early and regular admissions.

January:
- This one seems to be Prime Wars clearance sales. Loose complete CW figures were selling for <$10 and voyagers (including red Prime and Sky Lynx) were <$15. MIB sets were <$100. Loads of TR and POTP loose complete/MIB leader figures selling for $30. Sellers were giving me 20%-50% off listed price as they "had trouble moving them". Brand new POTP P-CP and Siege Lancer were selling for $35. I used up all the cash I brought with me; good times!
- These discounts were all given to me during early admissions. I can't imagine what the discount would be had I waited until the end.
- Attendance was puny compared to October, which I was told was expected. My kids absolutely loved it.

neevnav 01-26-2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldOfflineMan (Post 804612)
My focus is was on Prime Wars and Siege figures so here goes...

October:
- Siege galore... and overpriced at that. I spent just $30 on basket toys for my two kids.
- Good attendance for both early and regular admissions.

January:
- This one seems to be Prime Wars clearance sales. Loose complete CW figures were selling for <$10 and voyagers (including red Prime and Sky Lynx) were <$15. MIB sets were <$100. Loads of TR and POTP loose complete/MIB leader figures selling for $30. Sellers were giving me 20%-50% off listed price as they "had trouble moving them". Brand new POTP P-CP and Siege Lancer were selling for $35. I used up all the cash I brought with me; good times!
- Attendance was puny compared to October, which I was told was expected. My kids absolutely loved it.

How is the Star Wars stuff at these? I have some older Black Series I'm looking to get at some point and would rather not pay eBay prices.

OldOfflineMan 01-26-2020 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neevnav (Post 804615)
How is the Star Wars stuff at these? I have some older Black Series I'm looking to get at some point and would rather not pay eBay prices.

I don't know much about Star Wars, but they have a very significant presence there from the 2 OCC I attended; almost all the cosplayers were Star Wars characters. However, it seems to me that OCC is a small convention, so what will be available at these quarterly OCC will vary greatly.

evenstaves 01-27-2020 09:36 AM

Quote:

Loose complete CW figures were selling for <$10 and voyagers (including red Prime and Sky Lynx) were <$15. MIB sets were <$100. Loads of TR and POTP loose complete/MIB leader figures selling for $30. Sellers were giving me 20%-50% off listed price as they "had trouble moving them". Brand new POTP P-CP and Siege Lancer were selling for $35.

Quote:

Brand new Siege Lancer for $35

Frig, that sounds awesome!

zuffyprime 01-27-2020 12:01 PM

What a great show!

Lots of deals to be had, thanks to all the vendors for the sweet deals.

Picked up the following:
1) Titans Trypticon in box
2) WWE Hasbro Natural Disasters
3) Galaxy Force (original) Optimus Prime complete

:highfive:

Xtreme987 01-27-2020 01:42 PM

Ya it was a pretty good show. Didn't stay long but managed to pick up a couple things - MOTU Orko Funko Pop & Fat Bastard action figure. Thanks to the dealers & staff for putting on another great one. :)

OldOfflineMan 01-27-2020 02:19 PM

Me: CW Defensor (MIB), Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Sunstreaker, Mirage, Smokescreen, Hound.
Son 1 (7 yrs): Pokemon Swampert theme deck.
Son 2 (4 yrs): CW Sky Lynx <- he's been wanting this for months and pulled me to the table where he found it.

Yeah, thank you so much everyone at OCC.

Yonoid 01-27-2020 05:02 PM

We went fairly late in the day so it wasn't as busy but still a decent selection I found. I haven't been to OCC for a couple years and noticed this one had a bit more selection in TF's.

Had a pre arranged deal with a board member and when he saw it was for my youngest son he wouldn't take my $$ for it.

Bought a loose skids and when I walked by another table the person noticed we didn't have instructions for it and handed me an extra he had.