Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   TFcon Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   TFCon 2016 T-Shirt (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=65057)

LadyBug 07-19-2016 09:07 AM

TFCon 2016 T-Shirt

The only thing I was really upset with this year was the design of the t-shirt. I was really expecting a matching Megatron one to last year's Optimus Prime. Its by far the weakest design over the past 4 years that my group has been attending. I don't know what the process entails nor how its gone about choosing a design for the convention, but it should have been Megatron related this year. Frank Welker doesn't do conventions very much. It should of been honored through every aspect of TFCon.

down_shift 07-19-2016 09:11 AM

Re: TFCon 2016 T-Shirt

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyBug (Post 700638)
The only thing I was really upset with this year was the design of the t-shirt. I was really expecting a matching Megatron one to last year's Optimus Prime. Its by far the weakest design over the past 4 years that my group has been attending. I don't know what the process entails nor how its gone about choosing a design for the convention, but it should have been Megatron related this year. Frank Welker doesn't do conventions very much. It should of been honored through every aspect of TFCon.

I'm on the opposite side of the coin. I love the shirt. It's honestly one of the first ones I really like. I agree it would have been nice to have something with Megatron, but I'm happy with the choice they made.

zackmak 07-19-2016 09:20 AM

I was ready to buy a t-shirt, as well, but when the design was shown on the forum prior to the con, it was an easy pass. It looked like a Jack Daniel's label LOL.

I was ready for a new Transformers shirt and was hoping to buy the TFcon one if it had Megatron on it, but now I'm just going to go to one of the online t-shirt stores and order something.

My guess is that there wasn't a lot of interest in it from the convention goers. I barely saw anyone wearing one, and the thread on this site that introduced what the shirt looked like had no replies on it from the members.

Mystic Metal 07-19-2016 05:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
As I recall, last year's Optimus shirt had an unintentional swastika due to the font type and partial cover-up of the artwork.

Personally, I liked this year's shirt.

Malwave 07-19-2016 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zackmak (Post 700641)
I was ready to buy a t-shirt, as well, but when the design was shown on the forum prior to the con, it was an easy pass. It looked like a Jack Daniel's label LOL.

I was ready for a new Transformers shirt and was hoping to buy the TFcon one if it had Megatron on it, but now I'm just going to go to one of the online t-shirt stores and order something.

My guess is that there wasn't a lot of interest in it from the convention goers. I barely saw anyone wearing one, and the thread on this site that introduced what the shirt looked like had no replies on it from the members.

In my defense, I wash my shirts first to let them shrink before wearing them.

I liked the shirt. Especially the Est. 2002 part. It does show the heritage this con has just with that date

JLvatron 07-19-2016 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyBug (Post 700638)

Normally I'd agree with you. But something about this 2016 shirt just worked.
I really liked the years written 2002-2016.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Metal (Post 700753)
As I recall, last year's Optimus shirt had an unintentional swastika due to the font type and partial cover-up of the artwork.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zackmak (Post 700641)
It looked like a Jack Daniel's label LOL.

TeeHee-ous!!:D