Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   TFcon Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Knock-Off TFCON Shafter?! (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=54696)

UltraPrimal 07-21-2014 11:50 AM

Knock-Off TFCON Shafter?!

I was checking eBay for TFCON auctions to see anyone else had another Bluster and Trench auction and found a dozen auctions for TFCON 2012 Shafter all at $10-15. To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time a TFCON exclusive has been KO'ed unless you count the Powered Commander trailer which got KO'ed in every color, even ones FansProject themselves never released.

Matrix_Holder 07-21-2014 11:54 AM

Re: Knock-Off TFCON Shafter?!

A KO of a stolen intelectual property mold haha (igear not tfcon) i wonder if its better quality than igear products.

UltraPrimal 07-21-2014 12:18 PM

I would be interested to know too. Though I've never had any problems with iGear stuff. If I wasn't already trying to sell a REAL TFCon Shafter(complete with alternate dirty bio and awesome headband;)) I might buy one to see for myself.

Malwave 07-21-2014 12:43 PM

we made it gentlemen. We're so awesome people have to make fake versions of our exclusives to feel included :raisetheroof:

justprime 07-21-2014 12:47 PM

or was it unsold product or extras made in the original production run by the people doing the MFG.this is how a lot of early Ko's (primes,Gi joe,starwars etc..) were produced using the master mold and cheaper quality plastic,an unsantioned. run.It seems hard to say they would KO the piece, the box(exclusive) paperwork etc on such a small run toy, when ther already was a close well known version (huffer) the cost is not effective plus Ko-ing a third party piece of this size would not pay, would be better to do a much more reconized botcon piece.I mean its China who's gonna do anything here.

STI 2NV 07-21-2014 12:51 PM

I should have mine today. I ordered a box of 4 of the semi cheap Shafters for ~15.00 shipped each. I first and second huffer releases to compare quality with.

Scaleface 07-31-2014 10:36 PM

The guy is selling overstock from I gear. I got Tubes and Spray from him.

Protoman 07-31-2014 11:55 PM

Hrmmmmm

The 12th Prime 08-01-2014 12:06 AM

I guess imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Scaleface 08-01-2014 09:21 AM

Having worked in manufacturing myself, we often made more than the number of product that shipped to the customer, because they would QC them later. The sometimes would store overstock for next time. iGear's factory probably made more of the Shafter and other figures than was ordered.