PDA

View Full Version : Can't copy text?

SPLIT LIP
08-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Hey, I was just wondering: is there any particular reason I can't copy text from quoted posts and edit them to my already posted responses? (like, for example, I quote the wrong post and/or want to add multiple quotes but forgot to click the "multi-quote" icon)

Is this an actual thing with the boards or just something wrong with my thing?

Code of Honor
08-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Just so I'm clear on this, You can't copy text that have quote tags around them?

If that is the case then I think it's on your end.

SPLIT LIP
08-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Just so I'm clear on this, You can't copy text that have quote tags around them?

If that is the case then I think it's on your end.

Nope. (Nope as in I can't copy text)

For example, I selected the quote button to quote you. I cannot copy ANY of the text that I have quoted, or that I am typing right now from the posting box I am typing in this very second before hitting submit.

Code of Honor
08-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Nope. (Nope as in I can't copy text)

For example, I selected the quote button to quote you. I cannot copy ANY of the text that I have quoted, or that I am typing right now from the posting box I am typing in this very second before hitting submit.

Wow... It's definitely on your end. When did the problem start? What browser are you using?

SPLIT LIP
08-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Wow... It's definitely on your end. When did the problem start? What browser are you using?I've had the problem since I first signed up here. I use I.E., but the weird thing is it's just this site. I can do it on TFW and other sites, and I can still copy text from this site, just not from the posting box while I'm replying.

Oh crap... I just figured it out. Y'know that little "Switch Editor Mode" button in the very top right corner of this reply box? Yeah, I clicked that and problem solved.

:o

Code of Honor
08-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Great! I never knew what that button actually did, now I know never to click it.:)