PDA

View Full Version : TFTM Shockwave

shotokandragon
08-10-2008, 12:46 AM
There are a few first with this project, First time I took apart a Transformer figure to paint and the other is the first time I worked with styrene. The reason I chose black for my Shockwave, is that Shockwave needed to be bigger than just a deluxe class (Swindle/Camshaft) and I couldn't imagine applying purple on this figure.
Application:
Voyageur-Class Rescue Ratchet.
Remove the head and constructed Shockwave's head completely out of styrene, and easily poseable because of a ball-joint.
Removed his left hand molded it with styrene and putty.
Guns are from Gundam and Zoids figures and attaches to left arm by magnets.
Painted in flat black, robot parts in gun-metal, and then light drybrush of silver. Also added some purple high-lights.
Windows were done with plastic-mesh canvas I picked up from Michael's and bordered with styrene.
Added 'con symbols to finish him up.

Enjoy;)

Sigma Magnus
08-10-2008, 01:25 AM
Wow, awesome custom!

I wish this was the Shockwave we had in the Movie universe, but we're stuck with the purple triple-changer from Transformers: The Game as the Movie Shockwave.

Nocturn
08-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Yeah, that's awesome!

chans formers
08-10-2008, 02:01 PM
one word....SICK!!!!!nice job.do the headlights and head actually light up or is that a computer trick?i love how bulky he looks!

Hound
08-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Fantastic! I love it! The grate in his chest is very shockwave-like making this a great choice for the mold.

Robimus
06-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Incredible stuff. It's hard to figure out it was Ratchet.

Pascal
06-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Awesome man!