PDA

View Full Version : classics red alert

chans formers
08-04-2008, 10:22 PM
ive been working on him here and there in between other projects.i think all thats left now is to find or make fire chief decals.his rifle is from a ko onslaught and the shoulder launcher is from g1 pretender bugly.the light bar is from a loonie store cop car.(new pics with custom decals)

Bruticus82
08-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Nice custom, it fits the look and feel of the classics series perfectly.

Optimus_Prime
08-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Wonderful! Absolutely, wonderfully awesome! The only thing needed now are the decals, then it's perfect. Hasbro should take note of this and not release it as an exclusive, but as a mass retail figure.

GMfan
08-05-2008, 12:08 AM
I was thinking about making a similar repaint but I was gonna wait for Sideswipe since he has a more proper head. I may have to get the Reprolabels for G1 Red Alert to put on him. You could always do the same too bro ;)

Robimus
08-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Thats cool! I'm waiting to try my own as well....I'm getting back logged trying to find the time :p

Nocturn
08-05-2008, 01:09 PM
OOh! Awesome!

chans formers
08-05-2008, 11:40 PM
I was thinking about making a similar repaint but I was gonna wait for Sideswipe since he has a more proper head. I may have to get the Reprolabels for G1 Red Alert to put on him. You could always do the same too bro ;)
that actually sounds like the easier way.plus itll look so much more authentic!!:D

venksta
08-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Awesome work dude! Adding some decals to him would make it perfect. :D

brr-icy
08-06-2008, 09:44 PM
sweet man, looks aweome

Silverbolt
08-06-2008, 09:51 PM
It looks great!

JaySmith
08-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Looks good! But I probably would have made the headlights silver.

chans formers
08-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Looks good! But I probably would have made the headlights silver.i did originally try silver on the headlights but it blended in too well with the white hood paint so thats why i went with the cartoony yellow.at one point i even had the color changing vinyl on his headlights too but all the funky colors in it clashed with red alerts red and white scheme.oh well,at least its vinyl so its always changable.:)

Sonray
08-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Very very nice! Great job!

Aernaroth
08-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Am I the only one getting a sort of Minerva vibe off this custom? I'm not saying that like a bad thing, as it looks great though.

chans formers
08-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Am I the only one getting a sort of Minerva vibe off this custom? I'm not saying that like a bad thing, as it looks great though.
i kinda explored the possibility of doing minerva but instead choose to do ra instead.plus,i think id have to shave of a helluva lot of plastic to make the mold even remotely resemble some feminine characteristics.(i do have a extra energon hotshot which i plan to turn into minerva,almost like how theres the botcon nightbeat from the same energon hotshot mold.):)

GMfan
08-07-2008, 06:11 PM
I was thinking about making a Minerva repaint but from this (http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/movie-autobots-180/breakaway-1812/) figure....wouldn't be that hard, its closer to her colours to begin with...I'm all about simple repaints, hence why I suggeested the reprolabels stickers for Red Alert. Since I hardly have time to for painting I have a "keep it simple, stupid" rule....or K.I.S.S. for short :P

chans formers
08-07-2008, 08:58 PM
I was thinking about making a Minerva repaint but from this (http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/movie-autobots-180/breakaway-1812/) figure....wouldn't be that hard, its closer to her colours to begin with...I'm all about simple repaints, hence why I suggeested the reprolabels stickers for Red Alert. Since I hardly have time to for painting I have a "keep it simple, stupid" rule....or K.I.S.S. for short :P
is it true what it says on the bottom of that link?usa only?youre right though,that would be a better mold to try and less painting!:) i just wonder how much you would have to alter on it to make it more feminine.

GMfan
08-08-2008, 12:57 AM
I don't think so....it should probably say exclusive to North American Wal-marts.....I mean we got the first 4 Wal-mart deluxes, I don't see why we wouldn't get these, 2/3 I see selling very well.

chans formers
08-09-2008, 09:43 PM
i didnt want to wait a few weeks for decals in the mail so i ended up doing my own.pics have been updated.

Optimus_Prime
08-09-2008, 11:00 PM
It looks 10x better than awesome with the decals! The only thing that bugs me a bit is that he has 2 autobot logos on his chest.