PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro To Raise Toy Prices Starting September 1st

Super_Megatron
07-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Hasbro To Raise Toy Prices Starting September 1st (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/other-news-20/hasbro-to-raise-toy-prices-starting-september-1st-165423/)

Category: Other News

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

astrana
07-22-2008, 01:14 AM
they do not need to raise Canadian price, just raise the US price on par with CND

JaySmith
07-22-2008, 01:49 AM
they do not need to raise Canadian price, just raise the US price on par with CND

If the do raise Canadian prices further, I MIGHT just consider bringing future purchases of Transformers toys to a complete halt. OR will become extremely picky with the toys purchased.

Metrotitan
07-22-2008, 01:50 AM
Didn't we just hear a report on Hasbro's big profits this year! Gimme a break. Just a cash-grab. Argh.

Icetron
07-22-2008, 02:27 AM
If the do raise Canadian prices further, I MIGHT just consider bringing future purchases of Transformers toys to a complete halt. OR will become extremely picky with the toys purchased.

I feel the same way. I mean I barely feel like paying $15 per deluxe right now. And if Voyagers end up being over $30 I'm not sure if I'll ever buy Voyagers again unless there's a sale.

AnimeXHobby
07-22-2008, 04:36 AM
What can we complain about? Prices on gas goes up, so everything goes up.

onecoin
07-22-2008, 07:21 AM
With the movie coming up. I doubt crying little boys in the aisles at TRU will care what price thier parents have to pay for these toys. You know the 95% of the population that matters to Hasbro. And I completely doubt they got this Memo.

Its really kinda normal. The TF price structure really hasn't changed in quite a while. A deluxe has been US$9.99 since Cybertron. I remember when all action figure were less than $3 (2.88 for dc super heros). Now, a standard action figure is $9.99 if we're lucky. Spawn figures even hit a price drop.

Pascal
07-22-2008, 09:49 AM
I feel the same way. I mean I barely feel like paying $15 per deluxe right now. And if Voyagers end up being over $30 I'm not sure if I'll ever buy Voyagers again unless there's a sale.

Voyagers are already $37.99 at Hart... :)

jourdo
07-22-2008, 11:26 AM
What can we complain about? Prices on gas goes up, so everything goes up.

Yup... why not toys too. The grocery bill has gone up, so why not increase the hobby budget by a few bucks.

BadJeff
07-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Yup... why not toys too. The grocery bill has gone up, so why not increase the hobby budget by a few bucks.

Agreed, these toys we buy are nothing but a paper package full of petroleum by-products. Even the cost on the screws and pins are going through the roof. I Follow the cost of certain plastic resins closely as part of my job and many (all) of them are simply heading up in cost with no end in sight. There will be lots of price increases hitting the retail sector that are going to make people think twice before they buy.

Check it out... http://www.theplasticsexchange.com/
Pick your favorite type of plastic and look at the curve on the charts.. kinda puts it all in perspective. Most have risen 50% in the last year.

Robimus
07-22-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm just back from the USA and found a couple things interesting about toy pricing while I was down there.

Of course Transformers deluxes are like $9.99, Voyagers $19.99. Star Wars figures are about $6.99 much better than here......

On the flip side toys that my daughter likes like Littlelest Petshops, Rescue Pets and the like are all equal in price if not more expensive than here...

I wonder if Hasbro is simply looking to raise Transformers toy prices to match markups they all ready have on other products?

Pascal
07-22-2008, 02:21 PM
I hope Americans get charged $18 per deluxe figure. They need a good lesson.

Dropkick
07-22-2008, 02:49 PM
didn't they make the toys smaller to cut down cost? Look at TFA Voyager Prime, it would be nicer if it is a little bigger than what it is now...