http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4463.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4464.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4465.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4466.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4467.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4470.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4471.jpg

Pros

-lights (green on both sides of the fuselage/orange on the rear thrusters/green eyes) and sounds (firing guns/transformation sound/swoosh/ignition or different laser sound, hard to say)
-looks good from the top
-decent poseability (head, shoulders, biceps, elbows, hips, upper leg swivel, knees)
-old school headsculpt and transformation
-gun with firing missile
-deployable landing gears
-one neat little trick: fists turning around to become intakes in jet mode
-fake rear fins molded on the shoulders to mimic the G1 version

Cons

-too simple to transform
-undercarriage/backpack: jet is carrying a robot and robot is wearing a jet
-orange/red parts look cheap
-back legs are empty
-feels cheaper than Powerglide and Onslaught
-arm poseability limited by the backpack

Believe it or not, I still like it. It's a good hommage to the G1 version and it's actually fun to be able to transform it fast. But it needs better colors. Somehow, the transformation reminds me of C. Starscream or 6Ti Starscream because of the way the legs fold/unfold and where the arms and head are located. The nosecone is rubber btw (like on Movie Starscream).

Pascal
07-11-2008, 12:26 PM
ANIMATED LEADER ULTRA MAGNUS

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4456.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4457.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4452.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4453.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4454.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4455.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4458.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4459.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4460.jpg

Pros

-rock solid in vehicle mode
-nice color scheme, very G1 Magnus-ish
-various sounds (firing cannons, transformation sound), lights (red/green/yellow)and voice clips (x3)
-intricate transformation (especially in the legs... somewhat similar to Universe Onslaught, but different)
-tons of cleverly hidden guns (front of vehicle/top of the cab/rear cannons/cannons hidden in rear cannons)
-hammer of doom
-very good articulation (head, shoulders, biceps, elbows, fingers, hips, knee swivels, knees)
-Headmaster compatibility

Cons

-arm poseability is a bit limited because of the huge shoulder pads and the size of the hammer
-shoulder pivoting point is not aligned with the head (too far at the rear of the torso block) and it looks odd when you pose the arms up or down, as he was suffering from dislocated shoulders
-would have been cool to have a light-up feature on the hammer

So, is it THE Animated toy to have? Hard to say. I think it cracks my top 3, but there are so many good figures in that line that I like, it's hard to pick only 3! It's definitely the best Leader figure so far. Bulkhead is 2nd only because his head can't be posed. Otherwise, it would be just as good. My top 3 would look like this for now:

-Leader Ultra Magnus
-Leader Bulkhead
-DLX Sentinel Prime

Btw, the firing sound effect in truck mode is identical to the one found on Cybertron Crumplezone, except that you can trigger it repeatedly before it ends.

PrimeConvoy
07-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Awesome stuff. Magnus looks so amazing and silverbolt is pretty cool, I'm alittle disappointed in his transformation too. He's so basic for a ultra class and that's the crappy thing about him, but he still looks good and I beg he looks great with other the Classic figures.

Nocturn
07-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Ultra Magnus is too awesome.

rid
07-11-2008, 01:02 PM
-undercarriage/backpack: jet is carrying a robot and robot is wearing a jet

Yeah, that's exactly my first thought when I saw the bottom of the jet. sorta reminds me of the Beast Wars toys

General Tekno
07-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Huh - now that you mention it, he WAS similar to the Titanium seeker mold when I TF'd him at TFCon.

Yeah, very simple... but still not that bad of a mold overall. He should have been swapped with Galvatron in terms of size classes.

SPLIT LIP
07-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Ultra Magnus = Epic Win.

Silverbolt = Ultimate fail.

Yeah, that's exactly my first thought when I saw the bottom of the jet. sorta reminds me of the Beast Wars toysNot really. The basics (Like Rattrap) probably but the larger figers, no.

Pascal
07-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Group shot...

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4473.jpg

Team Jetfire
07-11-2008, 02:45 PM
I think we should invent a new transformers term for figures like Silverbolt...Backformers.

UM looks amazing.

Thanks again for the pics.

Goaliebot
07-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Onslaught and TFA Ultra Magnus are gonna put the hurt on my wallet.

Silverbolt and Powerglide - no.

ptitvite
07-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Not crazy about Powerglide but the others are really kickass!!

astrana
07-11-2008, 04:20 PM
wicked, already pre-ordered from automaton

JSon
07-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Really hope the Henkei version of Silverbolt fixes some of the tacky colouring. It isn't that bad though, it's growing on me. I am also kinda dissapointed that Magnus' cab is that off blue and not true white. But I will defiantly be getting them both, theres no doubt about that.

Sixshot2000
07-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Silverbolt looks cool but I like Onslaught more

Pascal
07-11-2008, 04:53 PM
I'd say Onslaught and Powerglide kill Silverbolt. I think Powerglide is as good as Onslaught.

Poho
07-11-2008, 05:01 PM
magnus just keeps looking cooler and cooler...and i've pretty much decided to pass on silverbolt.

jourdo
07-11-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm loving Magnus. Looks very well done. Is the colour on Silverbolt off on the picture? I thought he had red, where it looks more purple in the photo.

wicked, already pre-ordered from automaton

They've got them up? I may need to check that out.

Guess Pascal didn't get the memo about a certian youtube reviewer requesting to do this first, or does that only count for a youtube review?

Looks like you stepped on someone's e-penis.

Pascal
07-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I saw some of the comments on YT. Oh well. If I wasn't banned from tfw2005, maybe I would have known. ;)

The torso is indeed purple.

SPLIT LIP
07-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Bah, forget about them, they're just testy because they think you one-upped them by having an awesome fig they want so badly.

Besides, TFW2005 is over-rated when it comes to that. Everybody's all grumpy and gets on everyone's case too often. But hey, it's mostly made up of Americans.

Pascal
07-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Seriously... 100th Youtube review... who cares? Should I celebrate the 10,000th email I send with my Hotmail account? :p

SPLIT LIP
07-11-2008, 05:39 PM
The Dynasis dude or whatev can still do his review. Your review was mostly text based with a video to show the features, wheras Dynasis can do his entire review video-based and still have his win while you can go about your life doing what you like.

Pascal
07-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Exactly.

Incepticon
07-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Pascal, seeing as though you now have every Animated figure available (or at least 99% of them), feel like taking some bot mode group shots? I think you want to. :)

Vangelus
07-11-2008, 06:13 PM
100th video is totally worth celebrating. It's apples and oranges to emails or whatever.

It's also silly to inquisition after people over toy reviews.

So I'm disagreeing with you while defending your position in this context. I hope you're happy, Pasc. There's already a dimensional vortex opening up on my wall. :mad:

brr-icy
07-11-2008, 06:15 PM
awesome review as always pascal, and i will definately be picking this one up, the only universe figs i'm skipping are the repaints/rereleases

SPLIT LIP
07-11-2008, 06:43 PM
So I'm disagreeing with you while defending your position in this context. I hope you're happy, Pasc. There's already a dimensional vortex opening up on my wall. :mad:There's a spray for that. It also comes in roll-on if you have pets.

Vangelus
07-11-2008, 06:52 PM
They put mindcontrol chemicals in the aerosol!! It's the government!!

Uhh-

Yeah, so as a fusilage-former, I rather liked what I saw of Silverbolt in person. :D

frenzy_rumble
07-11-2008, 07:05 PM
dude. the "transform" sound effect when you pop the head out is win.

evil_ivotron
07-11-2008, 07:30 PM
magnus so cool... can't wait

Pascal
07-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Wow, I can't believe all the hate I'm getting from YT freaks over that video. Absurd and pathetic.

Pascal
07-11-2008, 08:44 PM
(from TFW2005 "NGW")

I wouldn't really mind so much if Pascal wasn't being kind of a dick about it.

I would like to know how I'm being a dick about it. You gotta love it when you're insulted by people who don't even know you...

astrana
07-11-2008, 08:54 PM
(from TFW2005 "NGW")

I wouldn't really mind so much if Pascal wasn't being kind of a dick about it.

I would like to know how I'm being a dick about it. You gotta love it when you're insulted by people who don't even know you...

This is internet + he is American
lol, I dunno what really happened, but just some general assumption

Incepticon
07-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Alright, I gotta ask, what IS the deal here? Is there some sort of agreement that all the "first look at..." people have or are supposed to follow when it comes to video & pictorial reviews? I guess I'm just not understanding what the problem is. I was under the impression that whoever got the figures, pics & video reviews up first were... well... first.

What am I missing?

charizard
07-11-2008, 09:17 PM
About the YouTube crowd:

I've been a big fan of Dynasis' for a looong time, but I do think it's utterly meaningless who gets to go "first" and a silly request for him to make. Shortly thereafter, there'll be a dozen Universe Silverbolt reviews up. This is the first I've heard of "let so and so do it first".

When it comes to YouTube, I watch reviewers that do *quality* reviews of the toys and character, who does a new figure first means shit all. Most of his reviews are of older figures, anyways (and thankfully so, I love being turned on to old figures I may have passed up or known little about).

I really don't understand why he made this request; it doesn't matter.

edit: Thanks for the review :) Silverbolt is off my list (unless Dyansis turns me around! lol).

Pascal
07-11-2008, 09:46 PM
I was under the impression that whoever got the figures, pics & video reviews up first were... well... first.

That was my impression too, but some superduperhardcore fans seem to disagree. My video wasn't made to replace my written review, it was made to complement it.

Exsequor
07-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Great Pics!

Question, What Military Jet is Silverbolt based on?

GMfan
07-11-2008, 10:50 PM
He's based off a prototype supersonic jet.

Team Jetfire
07-11-2008, 10:55 PM
The comments on YT are just f-ing crazy...

Why the hell would it matter that this guy didn't do the review first?

Exsequor
07-11-2008, 11:26 PM
I can't believe the politics involved in posting about reviews.

Anyways the pictures rock. Nice and clear!

Exsequor
07-11-2008, 11:27 PM
I second a massive group shot!

Incepticon
07-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Curiousity got the better of me, so I went and searched out this Dynasis guy. When you click on his page, a video loads of him hyping his upcoming 100th review along with a request that he gets to do Universe Silverbolt first. Fair enough, but obviously he as well as his "fans" VASTLY overestimate his popularity if they think every TF fan and/or reviewer on the world wide web would see it, let alone ever know about it without being told. And that's assuming they would even care in the first place.

Overall, this is an entirely new level of geekdom I never even knew exsisted until an hour ago - that inane YouTube reviews of all things actually garner some sort of clout and can cause nerdtastic keyboard warriors to come out of the woodwork. And after watching a few of this Dynasis guy's reviews, I think he's kind of a clown that should worry more about actually reviewing the figures and less about the accompanying history lessons & commentary. It's not as bad as Sean Long with his intros in a Prime helmet holding a Matrix model and quoting Rodimus from the original movie, but it's nowhere near as concise & to the point as Peaugh or D-Banks.

This is easily the silliest excuse for net drama that I have seen in a looooooong time, but out of pure principle, is nothing Pascal or anyone else should be flamed for. There's nothing stopping Dynasis from posting his own review chalked full of sidetracking & G1 recaps once he gets the figure, and nothing stopping his "fans" from enjoying it just the same.

God this is stupid.

Pascal
07-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Group shot with other Universe figures...

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/PascTF/100_4478.jpg

SPLIT LIP
07-12-2008, 12:38 AM
God this is stupid.Que, eff, tee.

SPLIT LIP
07-12-2008, 12:40 AM
This is internet + he is AmericanA deadly combination.

jourdo
07-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Wow, nerds are a special bunch.

this is a great review but you should of let dyansis review it first...and if you don't know him search his youtube name and watch his new video, because he really wanted to review this first :P

This comment made me LOL. If you don't know who someone is, or that they even exist, how would you know to search for them?

If you being a dick means you show us advanced viewings of upcoming figures... then please continue to be a dick. I for one appreciate it.

Since when does "calling dibs" work on the internet?

Can I call dibs on reviewing Optimus Prime (all versions) from Transformers 2?

montague78
07-12-2008, 01:00 AM
Wow, nerds are a special bunch.

This comment made me LOL. If you don't know who someone is, or that they even exist, how would you know to search for them?

If you being a dick means you show us advanced viewings of upcoming figures... then please continue to be a dick. I for one appreciate it.

Since when does "calling dibs" work on the internet?

Are you serious that guy said that?? lolololzzz!!! There's no such thing a calling dibs on doing reviews on youtube! All one can do is make a better review than another.
Is there like some kind of website ppl can go and discuss who's going to do a video review 1st and 2nd?? Wat a glitch!:cool:

Team Jetfire
07-12-2008, 09:55 AM

No you can't! dyansis said that he wanted it to be his 150th review and he was going to dedicate it to the memory of his childhood dog that died when he swallowed the right hand fist of his original Optimus Prime...he told me...trust me it will be epic...dyansis will be really mad...dyansis commands it!

charizard
07-12-2008, 10:09 AM
And after watching a few of this Dynasis guy's reviews, I think he's kind of a clown that should worry more about actually reviewing the figures and less about the accompanying history lessons & commentary.

I dunno, I love reviews with character profiles. That's what truly gets me into the figures, having a connection with the "personality" and "history" behind the figure's on screen (or in book) character. I love learning new aspects of their bio. I rarely buy a toy simply because "it's a cool toy" (it usually has to be a cool toy -and- a cool character).

Dyansis isn't really a clown, he's spirited and loves his Transformers. He's a good guy whose brain short-circuited a bit with this request.

Magnus
07-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Pascal, thanks for the Magnus review, I was already going to purchase this toy because it is another version of Magnus. You just cemented that fact, now I know he's gonna look awesome on my shelf!

Merci!

Batman
07-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Ultra Magnus is awesome. Silverbolt is kind of weak, but it is a very nice update of the original. Both shall be mine:) Thanks for the review as always man :)

astrana
07-12-2008, 02:40 PM
dyansis want this dyansis wants that, along with people calling Pascal "dick" for posting a review before him (I assume this is the story after reading few post) This is all about Internet Pride and Ego I guess, if the Dyansis guy wanted do the first TF2 Prime review so bad, maybe he can post on video requesting people let him do it with the whole dog died history.

LOL Internet Ego and Pride....

Bountyan
07-12-2008, 03:16 PM
I like how the wheels are hidden in Magnus' legs, to avoid kibble. Before I saw the toy, I wasn't sure if they could pull his transformation off, to be honest.

Goaliebot
07-12-2008, 05:27 PM
What is it about this Silverbolt figure that attracts such drama? This Youtube thing is freaking bizarre and stupid to an extreme level... and in an earlier thread on TFW I commented that I didn't like Silverbolt because he was a robot stuck to a jet and I got flamed for saying that because I 'failed to take into account the G1 homage factor' or some such crap.

Sigh.

Incepticon
07-12-2008, 06:12 PM
I dunno, I love reviews with character profiles. That's what truly gets me into the figures, having a connection with the "personality" and "history" behind the figure's on screen (or in book) character. I love learning new aspects of their bio. I rarely buy a toy simply because "it's a cool toy" (it usually has to be a cool toy -and- a cool character).
Fair enough. But personally speaking, if I'm going to watch a video review in the first place, that means I already have a connection with the character, know it's history & bio, etc. and don't want someone turning it into their own YouTube comedy show or infommercial as opposed to just doing what (I think) they should: show it's transformation, point out tips and possible hidden features, throw in a couple of relevant size comparisons to other figures in the series, maybe show come comparisons to other previous versions of the figure being profiled, so on & so forth. Translated: I came to see the figure, not the guy that bought it.

Dyansis isn't really a clown, he's spirited and loves his Transformers. He's a good guy whose brain short-circuited a bit with this request.
Yeah I'm sure he's a decent enough guy that just happens to be a little more animated than most and evidentially has a very different approach to how he chooses to do video reviews. But based on what I saw, I just thought it was all a little too flamboyant & silly. I can understand why some people DO like it - but it's just not my thing.

That's why - if I had to pick - I like Peaugh's reviews the best. There's no theatrics, there's no embarrassing intro that starts each video like Sean Long's, his face is not in front of the camera... it's just his hands transforming these things accompanied by a very NON-geek narrative that keeps it all concise. On the other end, I also enjoy D-Banks if for nothing else than the combination of his enthusiasm and Brooklyn born manner of diction & speaking. It's hilarious, even though he clearly doesn't know it.

But whatever. Different strokes for different blah blah blah... :)

pud333
07-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Wow, I can't believe all the hate I'm getting from YT freaks over that video. Absurd and pathetic.

Awesome. Just awesome. Whenever I think YT fans can't get any sillier, they prove me wrong and skyrocket themselves into the stratosphere of stupidity.

Honestly, it's a freakin' toy review.

On topic though, Ultra Magnus looks to be the best of the TFA bunch. I love how his legs transform.

Pascal
07-12-2008, 10:37 PM
I like how the wheels are hidden in Magnus' legs, to avoid kibble. Before I saw the toy, I wasn't sure if they could pull his transformation off, to be honest.

That's my favorite part of the transformation, just like for Onslaught.

Pascal
07-12-2008, 10:43 PM
I got flamed for saying that because I 'failed to take into account the G1 homage factor' or some such crap.

Sigh.

That's lame... A toy can be a hommage in so many different ways, not just transformation alone. I guess they decided to use that route with Silverbolt, but it doesn't mean it could not have been done differently. I think there could have been a way to roughly make the same plane thicker to integrate all the limbs and still mimic the G1 look without bolting a robot underneath.

Endersrun
07-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the reviews and great pics Pascal!

I will for sure pick up Ultra Magnus... That guys is awesome. Hope he fits on my shelf.

I wasn't sure about Silverbolt, but then I saw him in the group shot... Personally , I think he should have been a deluxe.

Now, I know it's not part of this review but seeing that group shot made me ponder....Galvatron... nice toy by itself, but he looks like such a minuscule little pansy. :confused: Should have been Voyager size or bigger.

As for the side drama that's been happening... Ignore it, and the rest of fandom (at least those on this board) should to. It's getting way too much attention and making it seem more valuable than it is...

Thanks for all that you do Pascal... There are many many of us that appreciate what you do. Keep your animated chin up...

Endersrun
07-13-2008, 12:09 AM
Can we get a group shot of DEcepticons in Classics 1.0 with the new ones...?

How about with the Autobots?

If you have time, I would love to see them...