PDA

View Full Version : Question...

Pascal
06-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Who was that dealer selling tons of G1 figures on the lenght of the wall opposite of the entrance?

Protoman
06-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Russ, he is there every year and fully loaded.

GMfan
06-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Russ* he had the entire back wall....came at 3 in the morning took him 5 hours to set up....I got no sleep being in the dealer room....

Pascal
06-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Russ, he is there every year and is very crazy (and overpriced)

You tell me... He was calling figures with loose joints and missing stickers C10... And apparently, it's impossible to find a loose Piranacon under $300. Huh, yeah...

Wodicus
06-26-2008, 06:07 PM
He tried to sell me Nightbeat's headmaster for $40 and he did not have his seat. He had a few good prices, like I got a complete, loose G1 Blitzwing from him for $45 and except for a few paint scratches on his noes he was in really good shape.

Crobot91
06-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Russ' prices are worst than BIN prices on eBay...

brr-icy
06-26-2008, 07:09 PM
i will never buy from him unless i win the lottery, and considering i don't play the lottery, it's not very likely lol

chans formers
06-26-2008, 07:49 PM
not to slag the guy but he tried to sell me gasket and grommet at 40 dollars each and then i would have to buy the smaller parts separate from him too.is that normal?on the positive side he does have alot of harder to find g1s just crazily overpriced imo.

brr-icy
06-26-2008, 08:00 PM
not to slag the guy but he tried to sell me gasket and grommet at 40 dollars each and then i would have to buy the smaller parts separate from him too.is that normal?on the positive side he does have alot of harder to find g1s just crazily overpriced imo.

he said ?i would rather loose a sale than make a customer happy? i'm a card-carrying member of the anti-russ club lol

onecoin
06-26-2008, 08:11 PM
When the thread started, I thought you wanted to get something from the guy. Let the slagfest begin.

Protoman
06-26-2008, 08:17 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/protomanx/ohprimus4.jpg

Now now boys, play nice. Knock Russ all you will, but let me tell you, if you WANT something G1 and your at TFcon, he will be the guy to have it. I have been to plenty of toy conventions and run quite a few myself back here in Montreal, and I have never seen a dealer that had that much merchendise based on a single line that stretched over 15+ dealer tables (and our cons have Star Wars dealers). The fact that it's Transformers is even more amazing. I bought some stuff from Russ at TFcon that honestly was not expensive ($12 bucks for great condition Pretender Thunderwing box is amazing)

CobraCommander
06-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Maybe his prices would be better if he didn't have such a large staff?

Either way at least you have a choice, either buy from him or don't.

I personally like to do my G1 shopping with vectorsigma2, he treats customers like #1 :D

Wodicus
06-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Yeah, that is true. He does have the best selection I have ever seen (granted that isn't a lot), but I thought some of his prices were quite good. OF course at the same time some we way to high IMO. However, if I were made of money I would of dropped a lot at his table.

brr-icy
06-26-2008, 08:27 PM
i ask prices for things i'm looking for but i'm used to being shocked lol

Pascal
06-26-2008, 09:43 PM
I have nothing against the guy, I don't know him at all. I was just surprised at the pricing and the claimed condition of his stuff.

Stormrave
06-26-2008, 09:57 PM
I got 3 find-your-fate books from him for $5 each which was relatively proportional to what I paid for them at botcon 2002...

At any rate, people can sell for whatever they want, it's up to buyers to ask 1. can I get it cheaper elsewhere or do I want to pay the bucks to get it now, 2. is its condition worth the price or can I get it better for the same price/the same condition cheaper elsewhere and am I willing to wait for it.

I bought my toys elsewhere, but I'm pleased with my books.

-KG-
06-27-2008, 11:49 AM
I've bought a couple of things from him in the past. He's a friendly guy but his stuff is a bit on the expensive side. I paid a premium for the stuff I wanted, mainly because I wanted to buy them in person, and his where by far the best condition items I could find. There is nothing else I want that I would overpay for though. So I won't be buying anything else unless his prices go down. At last years Fan Expo he wanted to sell me a MIB Sunstreaker for $200.

Vangelus
06-27-2008, 03:58 PM
I thought a bunch his prices were a little nuts, but his sheer volume of stuff was really quite impressive. :D

And yeah, no need to outright hate on the guy, especially if he has the fortitude to come in at 3am and set up that behemoth gestalt of a booth.

Cheers Ian
06-27-2008, 04:44 PM
I find a lot of his stuff kinda over priced. Especially weapons. He wanted $30 for a Blurr Sheild and $17 for a Blurr gun, but yet you could buy a complete Blurr from him for under $50...Odd.

I really wanted to buy a Gnaw from him, but a $110 is way too steep even when you factor in shipping from an Ebay purchase, especially a Gnaw with loose joints.

He's not much of a haggler either. Nice enough Guy though.

Cheers!
-Ian

RavageX-9
06-27-2008, 05:57 PM
huh... well I guess that's why there was nothing for me in the dealer room this year. Most of it was expensive G1 stuff. *yawn*
I spent around $80, and most of that was for a poster and a few of those knockoff Smallest skyraiders. That's honestly about it.

I dunno if he makes enough sales to make this all worth it, or if he's just too greedy to let it go for less,
but here's a hint to sellers: if you see people looking through your stuff, but no one buying anything, your prices are probably too high. I don't even bother making offers when the prices are two or three times what I expect to pay.
although I should maybe tell them when I find their prices too high, in case they just think I'm not interested in the figures.

Pascal
06-30-2008, 01:45 AM
Hey man, have you sold your Black Arcee or not? You never got back to me...

skyrink
07-01-2008, 01:38 AM
yep i agree, expensive stuff, but a very nice guy, knowledgeable too...most of his sales from the con were probably from ppl who were willing to pay top dollar for whatever they wanted right there and than

what i wanna know is why he doesnt have an actually store in real life or online....does he? and does he actually profit from all of this? he gets his stock from somewhere and always seems to have more and more every convention

cannabisprime
07-01-2008, 01:52 AM
what i wanna know is why he doesnt have an actually store in real life or online....does he? and does he actually profit from all of this? he gets his stock from somewhere and always seems to have more and more every convention

I'm not sure if he had them this year, but he used to give out business cards at his table(s). You can actually email him for whatever you need and he'll ship 'em.

-KG-
07-01-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm not sure if he had them this year, but he used to give out business cards at his table(s). You can actually email him for whatever you need and he'll ship 'em.

Last year I e-mailed him twice and he never got back to me.

tilallr1
07-02-2008, 11:07 AM
I knew this thread would peep its head in eventually.

Having been to a number of Transformer shows, Russ has always been the largest and most organized dealer at those shows. I think I have bought something from him at every show that I have been to and NEVER paid full price for the items. Usually knock easily 15-20% off. Bascially try to match the price to that of ebay minus the shipping cost of course. If he won't meet the price I ask, then I don't have to buy, but come-on people, business is business. He sets the prices that high because some people are willing to pay it. Especially for parts, there is usually a LONG line-up for parts (Particularily because the rare parts go fast) and he give fair deals for those willing to buy a bunch of parts from him.

But on a side note, I would rather buy from vectorsigma2 as well. Much cooler dude and alot better prices. He is the only person I bought anything from the CON this year.