PDA

View Full Version : The TFcon Adventures of GMfan101

GMfan
06-22-2008, 02:24 AM
Well as some of you may have noticed TFcon was the last few days and though it may seem like a one day event for the attendees, I'm going to give you all an idea of what I was doing in the last 48 hours. A TFcon Report if you will from a staff member point of view.

Friday, June 20th
12:00-10:00am - Slept
10:00-11:00am - Collected all the items I needed to bring to the show
11:00-12:00pm - Drove from Mississauga to Oakville to pick up Dak's Daksterpiece Optimus Prime
12:00-1:00pm - Loaded up Prime in my truck
1:00-2:00pm - Traveled back to Etobicoke (stopping off to pick up spending cash and top up tank)
2:00-3:00pm - Unloaded my truck at the Doubletree and meetup with rest of staff
3:00-8:00pm - Set up dealer room tables, unload remaining staff vehicles, set up TVs for game night
8:00-11:00pm - Hung around gaming area, further convention set up, ushered in early dealers
11:00pm-12:00am - Got Harvey's dinner with zuffyprime

Saturday, June 21st
12:00-7:00am - Stayed in dealer room with Beechy for security...0 hours of sleep :P
7:00-9:00am - Set up all remaining dealers/coffee fix/TFcon Opens!
9:00am-12:00pm - Wandered aimlessly through the dealer room making sure all was well, meeting up with fellow board members, and trying to hide my now red restless eyes behind sunglasses (when I blinked it made a scratchy sound!)
12:00-1:00pm - Gregg Berger panel
1:00-2:00pm - Lunch, first meal of the day
2:00-3:00pm - Hasbro panel....sweet stuff to come ;)
3:00-4:00pm - More aimless wandering, and yanked into doing a YTV spot
4:00-5:00pm - Script read panel
5:00-7:00pm - Dealer room closes, clean up all we set up, disassemble Daksterpiece Prime and stow back in my truck
7:00-8:00pm - Dinner
8:00-12:30am- Drinking...more drinking... talking with Gregg Berger....drinking....laughing at Beechy....and eventual good nights and good byes to most of the staff
1am - Return home fully unloaded

37 hours without sleep, almost $300 spent, and a bunch of great people made this yet another awesome TFcon! Quick shout out to those (and in no particular order) that made it another great one. Here's to Code of Honor, Dak, zuffyprime, JLvatron, Soundwave.ca, Dark Rage, PSP, Protoman, Guber, Shan, Beechy, Aernaroth, Evan, Jason, Oasis, Black Cat, vectorsigma2, CobraCommander, FreedomGundam, brr-icy, jessikaowl, Mark, Chantel, Bima, Lise, Hasbro, Mr. Gregg Berger, and the big man himself Colin. Looking forward to doing this again next year.

Yours truly,
Chris

.....time to get some friggan sleep :P

Dangard Ace
06-22-2008, 04:16 AM
Hey man,

saw you sitting in the hallway around 10:15-10:30ish and said hi but you seemed completely zoned out. Now I know why. haha!

CobraCommander
06-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Wow dude that sounds like a treacherous time, but it was fun... too bad I missed the beginning of the Hasbro panel, now I have to wait and see what will be coming out soon. By the way did they show pics of upcoming products or just describe them?

Nightscrabbler
06-22-2008, 01:08 PM
CC, there were pics. But no pics of the pics.

Chris, you were a great help during and leading up to the show. It was fun. This was the first time the con didn't make me totally exhausted, as I made sure to get enough sleep Friday night. But also because there were a lot more people helping out this year and I took less of a workload. I'm sure next year will be more demanding and I look forward to it. Ironically, the sheer craziness and exhaustion is part of what makes it memorable and also a primary reason why I usually forget everything that happened.

GMfan
06-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Hey man,

saw you sitting in the hallway around 10:15-10:30ish and said hi but you seemed completely zoned out. Now I know why. haha!

I was wondering where you were! My caffine fix didn't kick in yet I suppose, and Cobra they showed pics and gave a little description of them too. The animated stuff was stuff we all saw before but we saw some new Universe and figures from a new subline which looks very promising.

zuffyprime
06-22-2008, 04:07 PM
glad you had a great time man, me too, harvey's would have been the same without a "vanilla milkshake":p

GMfan
06-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Or a wierd adult asking for a kids meal and questioning the employee's where his crayons are :P

PS next time your wife makes a tray of brownies I'm coming over

Oasis
06-22-2008, 05:54 PM
A shout out (pronounced with those horrid short 'o's of mine) to you, too GMfan101. You freakin' rock!

Aernaroth
06-22-2008, 06:01 PM
glad you had a great time man, me too, harvey's would have been the same without a "vanilla milkshake":p

Dammit, I wanted that milkshake.

GMfan
06-22-2008, 06:20 PM
....*cough, I'm the vanilla milkshake....

StarwarsTF
06-22-2008, 06:22 PM
I hope you enjoyed the weekend man. I'm sure you got some sleep today and it was a blast to finally meet you. see ya around!! :P

Protoman
06-22-2008, 08:56 PM
I miss you all already =(

Code of Honor
06-22-2008, 09:17 PM
The best part of the whole thing was having my arms wrapped around Black Cat most of Saturday night, and laughing at drunk Beechy and Jason. I would like to thank every one who helped with the con, and everyone who came out to it. And thank you to Hasbro to supporting us, it was great having you two there.

CobraCommander
06-22-2008, 09:43 PM
CC, there were pics. But no pics of the pics.

Oohhh :(

How about hand drawn facsimiles?

Anyone, anyone... :p

GMfan
06-22-2008, 10:19 PM
I miss you all already =(

The feeling is mutual bro *sniffle...look on the bright side, least it won't be a year till we see each other again, we're gonna have to race around your neck of the woods ;) Montreal speeding is wicked fun (could only do it once last time I was there the return trip was gridlock....)

Protoman
06-22-2008, 10:23 PM
The feeling is mutual bro *sniffle...look on the bright side, least it won't be a year till we see each other again, we're gonna have to race around your neck of the woods ;) Montreal speeding is wicked fun (could only do it once last time I was there the return trip was gridlock....)

When you come, I will try to take you REAL racing, maybe something tonned down but still fun.

GMfan
06-22-2008, 10:24 PM
When you come, I will try to take you REAL racing, maybe something tonned down but still fun.

Toned down? Screw that, find out what will kill me then back it off a bit :P

Protoman
06-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Toned down? Screw that, find out what will kill me then back it off a bit :P

Hrrmm then we will go with high powered european karting. You can fuck up your legs if you crash, but it won't kill ya.:cool:

Nightscrabbler
06-22-2008, 10:29 PM
I hope you enjoyed the weekend man. I'm sure you got some sleep today and it was a blast to finally meet you. see ya around!! :P

Yo man, I don't think I saw you at the con, I wasn't in the dealer room much. Hey.

JLvatron
06-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Thanks GMfan for all your hard work. Matrix, I don't know where you got your energy.

I felt the weekend went very smoothly, and now I can put alot of that credit in your court. And that is 1 court that HotRod is not in contempt of.

Thanks for your endless work man, for making all our jobs so much easier this year. :cool:

GMfan
06-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Hey JLvatron, it's well worth it to make all the attendees enjoy their experience. I usually function on 5 hours of sleep so missing those don't effect me much but to answer where I get my energy I eat more then people who weigh 200 pounds :P (I know it doesn't show, I love my metabolism)

Plus we all should give you a big hand for running a wonderful trivia session, writing a great comic/script, and executing a yet another fantastic script read. I'm sure I'm missing more that you added to the show but cheers to my friend. Can't wait to see you and my other montreal brothers again for your special day ;)

Black Cat
06-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Can't say a bad thing about this year's convention... except for the 5 am wake up just to get there to help. Of course, being pointed out that I was being passed around didn't help much either. :P

But otherwise, loved the con this year. Hung out with a lot of great people, had some great laughs, and made out with a good collection of tfs. Next year, I think I'm going to force myself to audition for the voice acting.

Gotta make a fool of myself at least once. :P

GMfan
06-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Once? :P

Nightscrabbler
06-25-2008, 09:32 AM
But otherwise, loved the con this year. Hung out with a lot of great people, had some great laughs, and made out with a good collection of tfs.

At first I read that last part literally.

GMfan
06-25-2008, 11:47 AM
What can I say? She was included in the drinking part of my story :P