PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth going to the early admission?

nestorcorrea1976
06-19-2008, 05:58 PM
I was thinking about going to the early opening this year, but i was just wondering if it is worth it or should i just save $5 and go at the regular time?

Nightshade83
06-19-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm coming up from London, so I prefer the extra hour leeway. I don't think one hour earlier in the Dealer room's going to make all that much of a difference.

GMfan
06-19-2008, 06:51 PM
I does if you're looking for a certain figures that there's only one or a few of, perfect example I came an hour late one year looking for a Magmatron, apparently only one dealer had it and it was scooped up fast.

Stormrave
06-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Exactly, if you are looking for something rare or likely to be in short supply, the early opening is your best chance at getting what you want. Last year I only got one of my Masterpieces--I forget which, it was either Megs or Starscream--anyway, I bought it within minutes of the dealer room opening, and before long there were none to be found.

If you're looking for more common items, or coming to the con more to attend panels and hang out and don't really have much interest in buying stuff, then it probably isn't worth it.

Aernaroth
06-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah, every year there's a couple items that sell out within the first couple minutes. So if you absolutely have to get something, get early admission and get there early, because there's usually a pretty decent lineup to get in even for early-birds.

General Tekno
06-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Wait - we can still get in early of we pony up extra cash?

I thought if you didn't preregister you couldn't.

Aernaroth
06-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Im not sure. Maybe if you come on the friday, give them the money and ask reallllly nicely. But yeah, it was supposed to be for pre-reg only.

General Tekno
06-19-2008, 09:46 PM
Huh - just checked their site.

You can get in early for 5 bucks more.

maximanigel
06-19-2008, 09:56 PM
how you go about it? and what time?

Aernaroth
06-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Huh - just checked their site.

You can get in early for 5 bucks more.

Shows what I know.